Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies suddenly aged 46

Renegade

Veteran

The Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan has died suddenly at the age of 46, her publicist has confirmed.

The Irish musician, originally from Limerick, led the band to international success in the 90s with singles including Linger and Zombie.

A statement from her publicist said: "The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session.

"No further details are available at this time."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42696376

Nicole

Rookie
Funny enough, I texted the song Zombie to my friend a few months ago because he texted me a song where the singer's voice reminded me of it. Then, I found the exact cd that has Zombie on it at a local used book store and bought in case I'd be interested in their music someday.

~JC~

Veteran
How about this: I’ve been listening and singing it (Zombie) for the past two weeks because I wanted my band to cover it. Then I came on here after I saw the news, and the first video I see is one of Delores covering the song my band just learned and played the other night HAHAH “Go Your Own Way” I almost sht !:D:D

Sibi

Star
I didn't know if I should start a new thread or not...

I can't be with you music video

Music video for Salvation - the clown is jumping on a teddy bear

12 Year old Boy in a fetal position turning away from an all seeing eye.

Sibi

Star

The front cover of Bury the Hatchet , the 1999 album by Irish rock band The Cranberries. Depicting an "All Seeing Eye" hovering over a tormented soul, one gets the sense that you can try to run, but you cannot escape. The location was Monument Valley in Arizona.

"As we drove North, down from the hills, the weather changed abruptly, to blue skies and clear vistas. It was a miracle, not a soul or a tree for miles. The floating, inquisitive eye had cornered its victim even in the wide open spaces of America’s south west.” - Storm Thorgerson​

Awoken2

Superstar

DarntheDarner

Established
This was from a while ago,
but it's sad when this happens.
She has one of the most distinctive voices.
Her song, "Salvation" was great.

DarntheDarner

Established
do you guys think she was about to exposed something, that's why they silenced her forever?
It's a possibility, minnie.
Her song salvation seems to have a good message,
at least to most degree.
So she could of tried to expose the satanists.
Awful how this happens to those trying to get justice.

minnie82

Superstar
It's a possibility, minnie.
Her song salvation seems to have a good message,
at least to most degree.
So she could of tried to expose the satanists.
Awful how this happens to those trying to get justice.
She was a talented artist, it's really a pity we lose her in that way