China may be holding 1 million Muslims in massive internment camp

oh and I meant muslims are making the UN into their 'awliya' ie begging the UN to support a palestinian state and to boycott israel.
pretty embarrassing.

Bacsi

Star
This is pretty bad. Thank God Trudeau's in charge. He'll say something to the Communists about this.

China may be holding 1 million Uighur people in massive internment camp: U.N.

A United Nations human rights panel said on Friday that it had received many credible reports that 1 million ethnic Uighurs in China are held in what resembles a “massive internment camp that is shrouded in secrecy.”​

Gay McDougall, a member of the U.N. Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, cited estimates that 2 million Uighurs and Muslim minorities were forced into “political camps for indoctrination” in the western Xinjiang autonomous region.​

“We are deeply concerned at the many numerous and credible reports that we have received that in the name of combating religious extremism and maintaining social stability (China) has changed the Uighur autonomous region into something that resembles a massive internship camp that is shrouded in secrecy, a sort of ‘no rights zone’,” she told the start of a two-day regular review of China’s record, including Hong Kong and Macao.​

China has said that Xinjiang faces a serious threat from Islamist militants and separatists who plot attacks and stir up tensions between the mostly Muslim Uighur minority who call the region home and the ethnic Han Chinese majority.​

A Chinese delegation of some 50 officials made no comment on her remarks at the Geneva session that is scheduled to continue on Monday.​

The U.S. mission to the United Nations said on Twitter that it was “deeply troubled by reports of an ongoing crackdown on Uighurs and other Muslims in China.”​

“We call on China to end their counterproductive policies and free all of those who have been arbitrarily detained,” the U.S. mission said.​

The allegations came from multiple sources, including activist group Chinese Human Rights Defenders, which said in a report last month that 21 percent of all arrests recorded in China in 2017 were in Xinjiang.​

Earlier, Yu Jianhua, China’s ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, said it was working towards equality and solidarity among all ethnic groups.​

But McDougall said that members of the Uighur community and other Muslims were being treated as “enemies of the state” solely on the basis of their ethno-religious identity.​

More than 100 Uighur students who returned to China from countries including Egypt and Turkey had been detained, with some dying in custody, she said.​

Fatima-Binta Dah, a panel member, referred to “arbitrary and mass detention of almost 1 millionUighurs” and asked the Chinese delegation, “What is the level of religious freedom available now to Uighurs in China, what legal protection exists for them to practice their religion?”​

Panelists also raised reports of mistreatment of Tibetans in the autonomous region, including inadequate use of the Tibetan language in the classroom and at court proceedings.​

“The U.N. body maintained its integrity, the government got a very clear message,” Golok Jigme, a Tibetan monk and former prisoner living in exile, told Reuters at the meeting.​

The central government of the People's Republic of China is probably one of the smartest, kindest and wisest governments in the world today or perhaps in all of human history. If they do something, then it was really needed. They wouldn't do something drastic if it wasn't really the last resort. If it's true, the numbers are certainly over-exaggerated.

People just don't realize how dangerous some ideologies can be. Not Islam, of course, but what has been created in the past 50 years or so by intelligent services of certain world leading countries as a surrogate of Islam, which is pure hatred and madness. If the People's Republic of China is truly doing what is mentioned in the article, then it's the best and most humane thing to do in order to keep peace and safety in their country, in the region and around the world. The potential for bad, bad stuff is enormous with that people group. It's been shown already in the past decade or so the savage atrocities they're capable of doing.

When people have been brainwashed for couple generations, and billions upon billions of dollars were invested into this effective ideological machine, then only counter-measures of comparable magnitude can sufficiently neutralize these efforts. All other alternatives of combating the results of the brainwashing are quite more gruesome as we've seen in certain other regions. And the situation in China is way more serious.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about - I live in a couple hours' drive from the events mentioned above... How about that???

Last edited:
@Thunderian I meant that the United nations is becoming the new "awliya" (guardian and protector) for Muslims. Muslims can't seem to stand up for ourselves and go running to the UN to intervene in burma, palestine, Kashmir, Syria etc.
That is more a criticism of Muslims who are too stupid to not realise this is wrong. Ie Muslims lost Palestine fair and square and shouldn't suddenly go crying to the UN.

As for the China stuff it is most likely propaganda
America and Britain have notoriously supported wahabi movements Inc Al Qaeda (Al mudra) and Isis. You want to bet they want to destabilise Pakistan and China especially? China has taken gwadar port and built the karakoram highway to access the gulf region. It is natural that all of a sudden these wahabi seperation jihadi elements will just magically spring up esp in china.
India has done it with Balochistan in Pakistan...just bs propaganda and orchestrated "terrorism"

Thunderian

Superstar
@Thunderian I meant that the United nations is becoming the new "awliya" (guardian and protector) for Muslims. Muslims can't seem to stand up for ourselves and go running to the UN to intervene in burma, palestine, Kashmir, Syria etc.
That is more a criticism of Muslims who are too stupid to not realise this is wrong. Ie Muslims lost Palestine fair and square and shouldn't suddenly go crying to the UN.
I think you have to admit that Muslims do more than go crying to the UN, which is why the silence on this issue is a bit of a head-scratcher.

As for the China stuff it is most likely propaganda
America and Britain have notoriously supported wahabi movements Inc Al Qaeda (Al mudra) and Isis. You want to bet they want to destabilise Pakistan and China especially? China has taken gwadar port and built the karakoram highway to access the gulf region. It is natural that all of a sudden these wahabi seperation jihadi elements will just magically spring up esp in china.
India has done it with Balochistan in Pakistan...just bs propaganda and orchestrated "terrorism"
This is coming from a lot of different sources, including the Chinese government. I am not sure if that affects your assessment, but in my mind it makes it too big to be some sort of op.

mecca

Superstar
The central government of the People's Republic of China is probably one of the smartest, kindest and wisest governments in the world today or perhaps in all of human history. If they do something, then it was really needed. They wouldn't do something drastic if it wasn't really the last resort. If it's true, the numbers are certainly over-exaggerated.
Wtf. Their government is authoritarian and disgusting. And it is not okay to imprison innocent people for their religion.

mecca

Superstar
The potential for bad, bad stuff is enormous with that people group. It's been shown already in the past decade or so the savage atrocities they're capable of doing.
That's a racist/prejudiced mindset. You can't assume that because they are a muslim, they will be a terrorist.

Last edited:
Wtf. Their government is authoritarian and disgusting. And it is not okay to imprison innocent people for their religion.
The sad thing about the awfulness of the Chinese government is that people will continue to associate it with “communism” or leftist.

polymoog

Superstar

People just don't realize how dangerous some ideologies can be. Not Islam, of course, but what has been created in the past 50 years or so by intelligent services of certain world leading countries as a surrogate of Islam, which is pure hatred and madness. If the People's Republic of China is truly doing what is mentioned in the article, then it's the best and most humane thing to do in order to keep peace and safety in their country, in the region and around the world. The potential for bad, bad stuff is enormous with that people group. It's been shown already in the past decade or so the savage atrocities they're capable of doing.

When people have been brainwashed for couple generations, and billions upon billions of dollars were invested into this effective ideological machine, then only counter-measures of comparable magnitude can sufficiently neutralize these efforts. All other alternatives of combating the results of the brainwashing are quite more gruesome as we've seen in certain other regions. And the situation in China is way more serious.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about - I live in a couple hours' drive from the events mentioned above... How about that???
if the chinese government was so kind, why do they have so many restrictions on free speech? their internet is locked down and there is no criticism of the government. much of that country is an ecological nightmare, but the government does not care. the government has done nothing to help the children slaving in the factories for apple or nike 12 or 14 hours/day. why did they occupy tibet and try to capture the dalai lama and end buddhism there? the buddhists werent doing anything wrong and these muslims are innocent.
we have had disagreements in the past over russian history, and i dont think we will agree on chinese politics, either. those people are suppressed over there. no one likes living under an authoritarian regime. (well, i can think of one person... )

Bacsi

Star
Wtf. Their government is authoritarian and disgusting.
It's not. Sane thing they said about Qaddafi. Look at Lybia before and after the "democracy". Etc.

And it is not okay to imprison innocent people for their religion.
Nobody's doing that. Muslims live there for hundreds of years. China supported them 100% and provided autonomy and freedom. Only when bad, bad stuff stsrted happening , there was any counter-action.

Bacsi

Star
That's a racist/prejudiced mindset. You can't assume that because they are a muslim, they will be a terrorist.
You didn't understand. First of all, it's MY people group. Very closely related. I've been there I have relatives there. So I KNOW what I'm talking about. In no way I accuse Muslims or the whole people group. But I hate bad bad ideology created recently under the trademark of Islam and the savage things some mad people do. It's sad truth. No need to be scared of political incorrectness.

Bacsi

Star
if the chinese government was so kind, why do they have so many restrictions on free speech? their internet is locked down and there is no criticism of the government. much of that country is an ecological nightmare, but the government does not care. the government has done nothing to help the children slaving in the factories for apple or nike 12 or 14 hours/day. why did they occupy tibet and try to capture the dalai lama and end buddhism there? the buddhists werent doing anything wrong and these muslims are innocent.
we have had disagreements in the past over russian history, and i dont think we will agree on chinese politics, either. those people are suppressed over there. no one likes living under an authoritarian regime. (well, i can think of one person... )
Anyone can accuse anybody if they really want to. Same with European history or current state of affairs in the West.

About China, unless you've been there and lived there, it's useless to explain. Can't understand.

Chinese government is doing the best job possible in difficult situations and never does anything bad unless it absolutely has to. The alternative you don't want to hear about.

Do you guys want 1.5 billion refugees at your doorstep? It seems that's what you unknowingly all advocate for.

Naive

Last edited:

Bacsi

Star
The worst of “communism” pales in comparison to the worst of capitalism and feudalism before that, no matter what the death toll of ones dictator compared to another’s.

Anyway I’m not actually a communist either.
There are many lies about communism in the west. Like 60 million adults dead under Stalin in a country of 120 million people. Absurd.

Like Goebbels said, the bigger the lie, the easier it's beleived

polymoog

Superstar
Anyone can accuse anybody if they really want to. Same with European history or current state of affairs in the West.
About China, unless you've been there and lived there, it's useless to explain. Can't understand.
Chinese government is doing the best job ppssoble in diffivult situations and never does anything bad unless it absolutely has to. The alternative you don't want to hear about.
Do you guys want 1.5 billion refugees at your doorstep? It seems that's what you unknowingly all advocate for.

the chinese government has not had the best record when it comes to human rights but i am willing to hear your side of this muslim internment camp story. please include a link to a story corroborating your viewpoint.

polymoog

Superstar
There are many lies about communism in the west. Like 60 million adults dead under Stalin in a country of 120 million people. Absurd.

Like Goebbels said, the bigger the lie, the easier it's beleived
maybe you are right about the figures. in the west, we are told that 60 million +/- died under his rule. what about the NKVD and the torture going on during the purges of the 30s? true or false?
russians ive met have not had good things to say about communism. besides, why are there people always trying to escape communist countries while no one is breaking into them? russians i met are very happy to be out of there.