BTS discussion thread

e-Enoch

Superstar
Here's a crazy theory: I don't think he has a handler. HS is way too much of a "dom" to have a handler in my opinion. I think, if anything, he IS a handler.
What do you think are the "power dynamics" among the BTS members? My take is...
1. RM is not really the leader in the true sense of the word...he is more of a spokesperson, in reality...

2. JHOPE is the "real right handman" of Bang as far as the members are concerned...

3. SUGA is the "secret favorite..." deemed most "creative" in the eyes of BigHit...

4. JIN is the most independent-minded and maverick among them...BigHit "deprives" him of "support" because of this...

5. V has a rebellious streak and a tendency to be a non-conformist..BigHit is not liking it...

6. JIMIN is the most "pliable" and "obedient" to the whims of the company...he gets "support" in return for being the easiest to pimp around...

7. JUNGKOOK is just so dependent on Hybe no matter how he tries to appear strong and independent-minded...the truth is...he's not...

minnie82

Superstar
What do you think are the "power dynamics" among the BTS members? My take is...
1. RM is not really the leader in the true sense of the word...he is more of a spokesperson, in reality...

2. JHOPE is the "real right handman" of Bang as far as the members are concerned...

3. SUGA is the "secret favorite..." deemed most "creative" in the eyes of BigHit...

4. JIN is the most independent-minded and maverick among them...BigHit "deprives" him of "support" because of this...

5. V has a rebellious streak and a tendency to be a non-conformist..BigHit is not liking it...

6. JIMIN is the most "pliable" and "obedient" to the whims of the company...he gets "support" in return for being the easiest to pimp around...

7. JUNGKOOK is just so dependent on Hybe no matter how he tries to appear strong and independent-minded...the truth is...he's not...
The last ones i mean Jimin and Jk are the most fragile in the group and the most easy to manipulate,about J-hope i think is the real leader not Rm

M3ttah

Established
@e-Enoch, What I see, group dynamics and power structure-wise

Namjoon: Bang realized his creativity and potential was phenomenal, so he was the first one snapped up with a promise of being the “leader”. He’s actually the main creative workhorse with Yoongi. also his ability to translate automatically cast him in some sort of leader capacity

Hoseok: The true leader/authority figure and handler of Maknes. Talent wise, he is also an all rounder. Very valuable business wise. He’s also the most wealthy, and that is not by accident. Feel like he will hang on until the bitter end.

SG: producting/creativity workhorse with RM. He knows many people in the producing and post-production world, so he’s an asset with those connections. Not the wealthiest, but an extremely shrewd businessman. Very focused on earning and achieving acclaim.

Seokjin: Trained to trade on his looks. Also, a very savvy businessman. I think he removes himself somewhat from the others by virtue of his age and preference to be around older friends or by himself playing games. I think initially he was expected to handle the maknae, but couldn’t handle a boss role and was better as goofy older brother Definitely knows how to turn his fame/stage persona/smoulder/ayego “on and off” in an instant. Keeps firm boundaries against parasocial stuff.

Jimin: initially started out as a very passive, robotic company, trainee. I do believe he has been sexually exploited by executive higher-ups in the company. I think BSH drilled on his perceived “shortcomings “(weight, looks, dancing, body) resulting in very poor self esteem and destructive habits rendering him passive, obedient and trapped. While I think Hoseok has developed friendships out of necessity with the others, Jimin truly is friends with the others in a reciprocal way.

Taehyung: Agree on the non-conformist. Possibly neurodivergent or high functioning autism. I think he was one of the ones who wanted to leave, and will be the first one to actually leave. I believe his album release was a not so soft launch of his bisexuality. He has a very Artistic temperament, frustrated with the limited options, presented by big hit. He also does not tolerate Parasocial garbage from fans.

Jungkook: In many ways, I feel like he never had a chance. He was, by all accounts, literally parented by the big hit machine and BSH/ the other six members. His perception of fame/success and the priority he gives it is very tied to these early events. I think he possibly was also perpetrated. He feeds into parasocial relationship, Because he was trained too so young and has received such reinforcement for doing it. I’m hoping his military experience is allowing him to develop some independent problem-solving skills and practice with handling adversity and situations with more privacy.

They are all super talented guys, with a needle in the haystack success story. It’s too bad that the idol system won’t change anytime soon because the money is just too good to consider respecting and preserving the humanity of the artists themselves.

e-Enoch

Superstar
@e-Enoch, What I see, group dynamics and power structure-wise

Namjoon: Bang realized his creativity and potential was phenomenal, so he was the first one snapped up with a promise of being the “leader”. He’s actually the main creative workhorse with Yoongi. also his ability to translate automatically cast him in some sort of leader capacity

Hoseok: The true leader/authority figure and handler of Maknes. Talent wise, he is also an all rounder. Very valuable business wise. He’s also the most wealthy, and that is not by accident. Feel like he will hang on until the bitter end.

SG: producting/creativity workhorse with RM. He knows many people in the producing and post-production world, so he’s an asset with those connections. Not the wealthiest, but an extremely shrewd businessman. Very focused on earning and achieving acclaim.

Seokjin: Trained to trade on his looks. Also, a very savvy businessman. I think he removes himself somewhat from the others by virtue of his age and preference to be around older friends or by himself playing games. I think initially he was expected to handle the maknae, but couldn’t handle a boss role and was better as goofy older brother Definitely knows how to turn his fame/stage persona/smoulder/ayego “on and off” in an instant. Keeps firm boundaries against parasocial stuff.

Jimin: initially started out as a very passive, robotic company, trainee. I do believe he has been sexually exploited by executive higher-ups in the company. I think BSH drilled on his perceived “shortcomings “(weight, looks, dancing, body) resulting in very poor self esteem and destructive habits rendering him passive, obedient and trapped. While I think Hoseok has developed friendships out of necessity with the others, Jimin truly is friends with the others in a reciprocal way.

Taehyung: Agree on the non-conformist. Possibly neurodivergent or high functioning autism. I think he was one of the ones who wanted to leave, and will be the first one to actually leave. I believe his album release was a not so soft launch of his bisexuality. He has a very Artistic temperament, frustrated with the limited options, presented by big hit. He also does not tolerate Parasocial garbage from fans.

Jungkook: In many ways, I feel like he never had a chance. He was, by all accounts, literally parented by the big hit machine and BSH/ the other six members. His perception of fame/success and the priority he gives it is very tied to these early events. I think he possibly was also perpetrated. He feeds into parasocial relationship, Because he was trained too so young and has received such reinforcement for doing it. I’m hoping his military experience is allowing him to develop some independent problem-solving skills and practice with handling adversity and situations with more privacy.

They are all super talented guys, with a needle in the haystack success story. It’s too bad that the idol system won’t change anytime soon because the money is just too good to consider respecting and preserving the humanity of the artists themselves.
Interesting insights into their individual characters...Do you also perceive a strong competition between and among them, especially now that they are into solos?

There seems to be a deep sense of jealousy between and amongst them...

M3ttah

Established
Interesting insights into their individual characters...Do you also perceive a strong competition between and among them, especially now that they are into solos?

There seems to be a deep sense of jealousy between and amongst them...
Interesting question. I think I would characterize it more as competitiveness than jealousy. So much of their lives have been made into commodity. They view themselves as products and revenue generators. But yes, I think they are programmed to be extremely competitive with each other and other idols. Unfortunately, I think it’s all about the Money. If they are jealous or envious of anything, I think it’s people who have privacy who can truly move around freely.

minnie82

Superstar
Interesting question. I think I would characterize it more as competitiveness than jealousy. So much of their lives have been made into commodity. They view themselves as products and revenue generators. But yes, I think they are programmed to be extremely competitive with each other and other idols. Unfortunately, I think it’s all about the Money. If they are jealous or envious of anything, I think it’s people who have privacy who can truly move around freely.
I think their group dynamic seems very toxic , sometimes it seems that they are really done with each others ,they acting like they get along just for the camera