BTS discussion thread

Pepsi

Veteran
The schools and bridge in his name. That will exist decades after he's retired. We're truly in the last days. Rampant idolatry and wasting money.
EXO's Sehun has a piece of land in his name in the UK bought by c-fans which gave him a lord title. People have named (and bought) stars after these K-Pop idols. Whole planes with their faces on them.

Beholden to Paramatma

Established
Well usually the brain has this need to be right, soo in order to stay away from cognitive dissonance (reality being different from what you have established in your head) the brain can kinda give a selective attention, shape the impressions we have and even selectively forget and remember certain memories. + we have the "being part of the community" vibe with these fanbases and that adds to the obsessive vibe...protecting the Alfa in the group, its creator. Something like a cult, but without the religious element (for now)
Thank you very much for this psychological perspective.

Beholden to Paramatma

Established
wait can someone please explain to me what happend?

Meg believes if released, "Butter" will help to expand her international fanbase, thanks to BTS' massive brand. She claims 1501 told her they don't believe the song would be good for her recording career -- but she says that excuse is just a cover -- and deep down the label is trying to shake her down for 6-figures and force her to pay them to sign off on the song's release
—————
Looks like BigSit has refused to pay Megan’s record label and has instead directly approached her.

Berrywon88

Star
wait can someone please explain to me what happend?
I think it's a marketing ploy kind of like the Halsey and b*s are best friends when they released boy with love. It's a way to garner sympathy from armys and make them think Meg really wanted to work with b*s and release the remix. It also creates more buzz around the song. This remix will probably go number 1 on billboard, which is what b*s desperately want.

tzolld

Established
What do you guys think of stray k new song ? Just in terms of the music itself.

For me it just doesn't hit as nicely as previous releases.

why do I also feel like just from a music perspective, the 2021 k pop releases in general are just no that great compared to
previous tracks ?
Especially these more rock type stuff t x t have been doing with Lovesong and Loser Lover, I don't even think it is really k pop music ?
I am still kinda surprised that they went for that direction, I don't think it works as well, because I just can't see them in this genre of music.
Not that they cant do other types of music if they want to, but in terms of music I preferred blue hour for example so much more.

Beholden to Paramatma

Established
I think it's a marketing ploy kind of like the Halsey and b*s are best friends when they released boy with love. It's a way to garner sympathy from armys and make them think Meg really wanted to work with b*s and release the remix. It also creates more buzz around the song. This remix will probably go number 1 on billboard, which is what b*s desperately want.
My thoughts exactly .

Marketting gimmick. Part of the story seems fabricated.
But its already working. Madmy’ s are up in arms dowing everything within their power to make It a successful collaboration.A 100k has already been collected , according to some Twitter handles.

I bet this is going to be one of BTS’s successful collaborations.

Kimiko

Veteran
Butter needs to die! It was already on the way out and now this remix

I hope this remix is a bit raunchy,b+s are every bit as hyper sexual as meg but she doesn't hide hers

The way these fans treat these grown men like babies is revolting and highly disturbing

These guys are all older than her except for the maknaes and they are catering to kids at nearly 30 years of age....its gross when you think about a 28 year old man acting like a teenager to attract teenagers

Also kook isnt the prettiest member,if I go by when each member looked his absolute best then t@e wins that easily followed by j!n

Fujiko

Star
Did u guys see ? Jungkook's name was in the Simpsons for the second time ?
And he says about him
He's to pretty for lt taste!!! Wtf !!! Why would he say that? Its like his talkin bout a snack..
Nd why his name was the only mentionned from the group? Why the other werent ?
Being the only mentioned is a good or bad thing for him?

queen82

Star
Butter needs to die! It was already on the way out and now this remix

I hope this remix is a bit raunchy,b+s are every bit as hyper sexual as meg but she doesn't hide hers

The way these fans treat these grown men like babies is revolting and highly disturbing

These guys are all older than her except for the maknaes and they are catering to kids at nearly 30 years of age....its gross when you think about a 28 year old man acting like a teenager to attract teenagers

Also kook isnt the prettiest member,if I go by when each member looked his absolute best then t@e wins that easily followed by j!n
i agree that they were more handsome than him

Riko

Veteran
I dont think so, its very clear that he already bdcame one of em, i guess he was mentionned becuz he'll have more fame than the others i guess . And its very clear they're promoting him all over the world now.

He shouldn't have to though, they have so much fame and brands and companies dying to drop millions on them to access their fan base. The fans will get them exposure and success even if the bigwigs shut them out. But if its all you've ever known, how can you get out of it I guess.

He looks terrible lately, wannabe teenager instead of genuinely good looking like he was a few years ago with the long hair and slimmer features.