Bewitched

OceanWaves

Established
I don't hear much about the old TV show "Bewitched" these days. But I've seen some former occultists on Christian TV say that the old show sparked their interest in occultism and led them to get involved in the occult. I also once heard that there were some very bizarre things that happened on the set of that show. Any thoughts?

Journeyman

Established
I don't hear much about the old TV show "Bewitched" these days. But I've seen some former occultists on Christian TV say that the old show sparked their interest in occultism and led them to get involved in the occult. I also once heard that there were some very bizarre things that happened on the set of that show. Any thoughts?
I've seen it cited as an important show in helping to introduce witchcraft to a mainstream audience in a comic fashion. So it could be seen as part of a process that gradually helps to shape and change the prevailing opinions and as the 'dial' of public taste is shifted, so the shows get more and more explicit, less funny and more about representing the reality of the occult and normalising it. Here's a hidden eye reference from Elizabeth Montgomery

A good example could be to look at the differences between the 90's 'Sabrina the teenage witch' and the current reboot. The former I think could be seen as 'Bewitched' for the teen market of the 90's. The current one, which I've not watched. looks to have the occult aspect much darker and more explicit.

Tidal

Star
I liked it when Samantha wiggled her nose..:)
Sure she was able to perform miracles with her magic, but then so did Jesus, so no doubt some kids grew up with a healthy respect for Jesus which can't be bad..:)

OceanWaves

Established
I've seen it cited as an important show in helping to introduce witchcraft to a mainstream audience in a comic fashion. So it could be seen as part of a process that gradually helps to shape and change the prevailing opinions and as the 'dial' of public taste is shifted, so the shows get more and more explicit, less funny and more about representing the reality of the occult and normalising it. Here's a hidden eye reference from Elizabeth Montgomery

A good example could be to look at the differences between the 90's 'Sabrina the teenage witch' and the current reboot. The former I think could be seen as 'Bewitched' for the teen market of the 90's. The current one, which I've not watched. looks to have the occult aspect much darker and more explicit.
Thank you, It does seem humor is used a lot as a way to make some things seem more acceptable.

Tidal

Star
Jesus is the Son of God. Not a witch.
Right, Jesus used a "Superscience" to perform miracles, nothing 'magical' about it..:)
And amazingly he said WE could do it too if we knew how.
"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you” (Matthew 17:20)

wellnowwhat

Rookie
Funny. I started rewatching this a few days ago. I recall them talking about a bewitched curse.
Elizabeth Montgomery died from cancer. Dick York got addicted to pain killers for an injury her got on another film. He ended up leaving the show and later died from emphysema. He ended up being replaced by Dick Sargent who later came out as gay, he developed prostate cancer.
Marion Lorne died after 2 years of guest starring from a heart attack. Alice Pearce died after guest starring for abour seasons from ovarian cancer.
I actually find the show to be pretty funny. But watching it again made me realize of a completely different time era of how women were treated and expected to behave.
I'm interested if anyone else has any other facts they know or thoughts on this show.

OceanWaves

Established
And Agnes Moorehead was supposed to be a devoted Christian. She even left most of her money to a Christian church when she died. But how could someone who was supposedly a devoted Christian have no problem with playing on a show like that? It makes no sense.

Journeyman

Established
And Agnes Moorehead was supposed to be a devoted Christian. She even left most of her money to a Christian church when she died. But how could someone who was supposedly a devoted Christian have no problem with playing on a show like that? It makes no sense.
She may have thought it harmless fun in the name of entertainment, different people have different views. Viewed from our current perspective it does seem pretty tame, but of course if there was a long term project to normalise the occult, this show could be seen as a step along the way.

Or maybe she was playing a role in her off screen life as much as she was when the camera was rolling? A wolf amongst the sheep?

OceanWaves

Established
She may have thought it harmless fun in the name of entertainment, different people have different views. Viewed from our current perspective it does seem pretty tame, but of course if there was a long term project to normalise the occult, this show could be seen as a step along the way.

Or maybe she was playing a role in her off screen life as much as she was when the camera was rolling? A wolf amongst the sheep?
The fact that it seems tame, sadly, says a lot about how much our culture has deteriorated. Occultism is never tame. When occultism seems tame, that's a problem.

Journeyman

Established
The fact that it seems tame, sadly, says a lot about how much our culture has deteriorated. Occultism is never tame. When occultism seems tame, that's a problem.
Think of how it's pitched in that show though, it's light hearted, there's no sign of their powers originating from any satanic power. So anyone complaining at the time would've seemed to be overreacting to some harmless fun. Then as other shows come along and maybe do a little more people can point to Bewitched and say 'see, it's just like that, no harm meant'.

Fast forward to today...

OceanWaves

Established
Well, that just shows that "Bewitched" succeeded in making light of evil. I'm sure that was their intention all along and that's what they did. But evil is still evil even if people try to make it seem innocent. And I'm sure that's one of the reasons they used humor. Humor is often used to try to make things seem acceptable.

Diogenes

Established
Well, that just shows that "Bewitched" succeeded in making light of evil. I'm sure that was their intention all along and that's what they did. But evil is still evil even if people try to make it seem innocent. And I'm sure that's one of the reasons they used humor. Humor is often used to try to make things seem acceptable.
God, that comment is SO spot on ! We,as a wider audience,are so dumb, that we tend to identify the person with what we see on screen. In this sense, comedians look like lovely people, harmless and always happy. Some of the most evil minds in showbiz though,were/are comedians. I won't put names here, but if you do your own search,then you will see them for what they really are. Perverts. (I used the "we" in my message, because I think that, however smart and awake we think we are (compared to the so-called sheeple),we still have to go a looooooong way , to declare awakeness. Just my opinion though)

Dreamymoon

Established
I used to watch it as a kid and loved it, but I never got interested in magic because of it. I think as an adult, that Samantha’s mother and her husband are problematic however (I’ve watched a bit a few months ago).

ledonnarama

Rookie

The new Sabrina is out and out satanic and dark AF. Literally satanic. Like, Sabrina is literally Satan's daughter in the new one, and it's not even comedic

clambot

Veteran
I watched it when it was a new show, and I still watch it now sometimes as a re-run. It comes on FETV in my area. My favorite was and still is Aunt Clara and the neighbors Albert the Milquetoast and his nosy wife. Someone in the thread mentioned that many believe "the INTENT" [of the show, its creators, etc.] was to instill the notion that witchcraft was acceptable.

That notion is laughable. We don't know what THE INTENT was any more than any other time- traveling mind reader. In fact, I would propose that the premise was as much to show THE ABSURDITY of believing in or trying to practice witchcraft--indeed, of the notion of witchcraft itself--and that the INTENT was to produce a money-making television show. Which they did.

I believe some others or two mentioned the "nefarious" troubles and ills that many of the actors and actresses suffered BECAUSE of their association with the program. That too is a laughable absurdity that doesn't even merit me going to the trouble of resurrecting ONCE AGAIN the basic logic that was developed over 2,000 years ago by that piker Aristotle. I'm convinced that he and his associates have been purposely erased from the curriculum--we can't have the plebes THINKING now, can we? After all, our politicians et al. have a hard enough time now as it is with their money laundering schemes ... imagine if the populace COULD THINK??!!

No, best we leave them arguing over the horrendous evils inherent in near centuries-old television humor. Here's my advice: don't like it? Don't watch it. Believe me, you've got bigger fish to fry.

Vmort

Star
EXPOSED BY CISO WHEELER MK ULTRA VICTIM AND MOTHR OF DARKNESS.
It was describe in her book -- Illuminati Formula how to create indetectable mind control slave. Actual witches in the cast she said.
Twinkling (twitching) of the nose -- Bewitched programming to cast spell or order on slave.
Some of the T.V. shows & movies, which served as
Monarch programming scripts (i.e. the software) include:
Batman
Bewitched
Bobby’s World Cartoons (deliberate triggers)
Dameon/Omen movies
Disney movies (all of them, some with deliberate triggers)
Duck Tails Cartoon (deliberate triggers)
ET (used in alien programming)
Fantasy Island (deliberate triggers)
Ghost Busters (used for “who ya’ gonna call” theme)
Love Boat (used for mind control of cruise prostitutes)
My Fair Lady (finishing school for slaves, such as Youngstown, OH)
Star Wars
Steven King Horror Movies
Tiny Toons Cartoons of Steven Speilberg (deliberate triggers)
Wizard of Oz movies
2. Some of the shows which are supposedly pure fiction show elements of actual Illuminati ceremonies, Illuminati history, drug running methods, etc., such Bell, Book & Candle, Burn Witch Burn, Curse of The Voodoo, Equinox, Manos, The Hands of Fate, Witchcraft ‘70, as Spirits of the Living Dead, Frankenstein, Night of the Living Dead,
Bewitched (with actual witches as actors).
Raising Cain shows torture and MPD. Hellraiser 3 depicts “gatekeepers.”