Back in Time.

Karlysymon

Superstar
If you could go back in time, across continents and in different epochs, where would you go and why? What places would you avoid? Well, i will be in DC, circa the spring of 1865 in a few days. Only this time, i will take the trip using literature. So, imagine away!

Lady

Star
I would be the best Eve in the garden of Eden that history never heard of! :D
I would go back to that time right before the temptation, and sucker-punch that old serpent so hard that he would shed his skin (if he had testicles, they would be deflated!) :mad:

Thunderian

Superstar
Almost anywhere on earth in the mid-1930's except maybe Russia. Lots of momentous historical stuff going on in many areas, and it would have been pretty cool to watch it happen.

That, or the area that is now Vancouver, Canada, before anyone other than the first nations was there. I would build a cabin right about where Davie and Denman intersect, and make friends with the locals. :)

Karlysymon

Superstar
Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I wish i could go back and see all 6 of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world in their heyday. My soul would be really happy.

Corvus Corax

Established
It would be a hard choice. I think I'd like to see what Akhneaton was really like, and what really happened.
Building pyramids
Building Stonehenge
Richard III

I'd try to avoid plagues.
Wars
Witch burnings
Cromwell

@Karlysymon
I take literature trips too.
What are you reading?

Karlysymon

Superstar
It would be a hard choice. I think I'd like to see what Akhneaton was really like, and what really happened.
Building pyramids
Building Stonehenge
Richard III

I'd try to avoid plagues.
Wars
Witch burnings
Cromwell

@Karlysymon
I take literature trips too.
What are you reading?
Hello Corvus
its true that its always difficult to choose when and where to go when it comes to going back in time. Iam re-reading a series on the Lincoln assassination by one of my favourite authors. Here is the link and iam pretty sure you'll like it. One hell of a trip!
http://centerforaninformedamerica.com/lincoln/
Please let me know when you are done!

Corvus Corax

Established
Dave McGowan!

Cheers! I read the laurel canyon thing years ago.
I don't know much about Lincoln, I'll have a look at that, find out some more.

If you could go back in time, across continents and in different epochs, where would you go and why? What places would you avoid? Well, i will be in DC, circa the spring of 1865 in a few days. Only this time, i will take the trip using literature. So, imagine away!
If i could go back in time,
I would go any where at every time,

Across all continents and all epochs,
Because every thing is just so precious,

I wouldn't avoid any place,
Since God is above every face

Nice topic Karlysymon, :)

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
I have many points in time I'd like to go back to and visit. The first place in my mind was back when Jesus walked the earth with his disciples. I'd love to sit and listen to his teachings and follow him. Kind of be like the '13th' disciple, haha.

And maybe go back and try to save Judas. He made a very bad choice, but it wasn't worth ending his life. If only he repented, he would have been saved. Saul (now Paul) wasn't any better than Judas, but he's the main author of the New Testament.