Baby can you dig your man

Sunshine

Established
Wow, you guys, I thought of Captain Tripps too when the news reports started blowing up. Thankfully, it's not as contagious and/or deadly, or we might be stuck in a parallel situation. I have to wonder, though, if we were, would the people who have read (or seen) "The Stand" be in a better position, mentally, to deal with the aftermath of such an epidemic? Having "practiced" it in their head, through the vehicle of the story, like children do with play, we would be ready to accept the gathering of survivors into groups, rebuilding microsocieties, everyone has a niche, etc., etc. I doubt that we would have the luxury of a Mother Abigail IRL, though the notion of a Randall P. Flagg seems a bit more likely. Especially headquarted in Vegas.

I bet he’s going to change Randall Flagg’s character to Donald Trump, and I’m not even kidding.
To be fair, in King's extended mythos, Flagg is Nyarlathotep. Nyarlathotep, in the Lovecraft mythos takes many forms... All to sow chaos. Him taking the form of a reality-TV-star-turned-politican who's sowed political discord in a country like no one else..? Well, it makes sense.