ANCIENT CHINESE RECORDS ON JESUS.. ?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

elsbet

Superstar
I think it's a really interesting area of study. I came across the whole subject via a number of routes. I only heard the 31ad observation myself recently but there is a lot in ancient calligraphic signs (especially when the individual elements are broken down)...

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/ancient-chinese-writing-and-archaeology-unveils-a-few-secrets.3145/
I remember that thread... I think I'd watched the video too, around the same time.

Asia has caverns (underground cave systems, really) with unbelievable architecture, as well.

LONGYOU CAVES

BATU CAVES

Karlysymon

Superstar
What i find intriguing is the scarcity of 'secular' sources, corroborating the biblical account of the earthquake and dark hours, within the Roman world. I mean, where are the North african sources? Arab sources or even Persian? What i think happened, is the HRC located every source and locked it away inorder to, as odd as it may seem, perpetuate doubt around the crucifixion.

How is it possible that hardly anyone recorded the phenomenon of the sun going dark at noon? Wouldn't the Roman soldiers have written to their families back home about such events? Something just seems off...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The darkness which suddenly occurred during the time of Jesus Crucifixion in the Gospel of Matthew, is confirmed by secular sources. It is interesting that those who claim that the narrative of Jesus death and resurrection in the New Testament is a fabrication and myth–ignore the Historical records of these events. How is it that a myth could be confirmed by non-interested and hostile parties? Roman historians record a supernatural event of unknown origin–precisely occurring at noon on the day Jesus was crucified and lasting until 3 pm the same day–precisely as the New Testament Gospels describe.

“Search your writings and you shall find that in Pilates time, when Christ suffered, the sun was suddenly withdrawn and darkness followed”. –Rufinus, Greek Historian

https://robertcliftonrobinson.com/2015/01/10/the-darkness-at-noon-during-jesus-crucifixion-is-confirmed-by-secular-historians/

Karlysymon

Superstar
The darkness which suddenly occurred during the time of Jesus Crucifixion in the Gospel of Matthew, is confirmed by secular sources. It is interesting that those who claim that the narrative of Jesus death and resurrection in the New Testament is a fabrication and myth–ignore the Historical records of these events. How is it that a myth could be confirmed by non-interested and hostile parties? Roman historians record a supernatural event of unknown origin–precisely occurring at noon on the day Jesus was crucified and lasting until 3 pm the same day–precisely as the New Testament Gospels describe.

“Search your writings and you shall find that in Pilates time, when Christ suffered, the sun was suddenly withdrawn and darkness followed”. –Rufinus, Greek Historian

https://robertcliftonrobinson.com/2015/01/10/the-darkness-at-noon-during-jesus-crucifixion-is-confirmed-by-secular-historians/
Thanks! I was only aware of one person, Phlegon.

So, all those accounts are a slap in the face for those (religious or otherwise) who deny the crucifixion.

TokiEl

Superstar

The authorities of the world have rejected Jesus Christ.

So they obfuscate and censor truths that would prove His story.

But thank God there are leaks...

https://www.neverthirsty.org/about-christ/historical-quotes/phlegon/

“In the fourth year, however, of Olympiad 202, an eclipse of the sun happened, greater and more excellent than any that had happened before it; at the sixth hour, day turned into dark night, so that the stars were seen in the sky, and an earthquake in Bithynia toppled many buildings of the city of Nicaea.” – Phlegon’s 13th book quoted in Jerome’s translation of Eusebius’ Chronicle, 202 Olympiad.

(The fourth year of Olympiad 202 was between Summer 32 AD and Summer 33 AD).