Americans Gave $410.02 Billion to Charity in 2017, Crossing the $400 Billion Mark for the First Time

Thunderian

Superstar
The increase in donations is almost entirely driven by rich guys using their increase in parasitic dividends to donate back to themselves via their own foundations. They are just buying an even bigger write off and giving themselves a slap on the back and gaining ever more influence.

And I work for a charity and it is nothing but a business. If you knew how much went to administrative and executive fees you’d never donate a dime.

The average American lives check to check and one major expensive away from eviction.

Yeah the US economy is booming for the much maligned “elite”.

Anytime you want to switch citizenship with me, I’m down man.

And if you want to know what real charity is, go to left anarchist sections of social media and see people giving what little they have to people they don’t know with no expectation of reward or praise.

I think there is a relevant bible passage on that, i think I’ll go read it.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Americans Gave $410.02 Billion to Charity in 2017, Crossing the $400 Billion Mark for the First Time

That was nice of them. Apparently, this largesse is tied to the improved economy, but people keep telling me that things are terrible, economically, and the numbers are just being fudged by far right economists. So I guess Americans are doing worse than ever, but digging deeper than ever. God bless the USA!
This actually includes tithes that are tax exempt, doesn't it-- and I am NOT trying to start a convo on that, lest anyone be tempted. :p

If so, then it wouldn't be restricted to charitable organizations-- regardless of their nature, and that of the nay-saying, propaganda driven media we all enjoy.

Awoken2

Superstar
There have been far too many scandals involving charities to be purely coincidental.

The best way to get closest to the needy and vulnerable is to set up a charity.

It enabled Jimmy Saville to become one of the UK's most prolific predatory pedo's.

I'm sure you will find that some of society's sickest offenders all hide under the cloak of benevolence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/oxfam-prostitution-charity-aid-workers-haiti-un-peacekeepers-a8206646.html

I am in no way implying that all people who work for these organisations are morally corrupt, on the contrary, most people who work for these organisations are very selfless and caring people but that makes a very good shop front for the characters with more sinister intentions.

justjess

Superstar
The rich are getting richer, the tax code encourages charitable donations from people to simply lower what they are paying in taxes. Most of these same people serve on the boards of those charities or set up their own charities and hire family or friends or themselves to run them for a salary (or like trump just taps his charities money for personal expenses)... just sophisticated ways of hiding money or moving money around.

I don’t think anyone ever claimed the economy wasn’t doing swell for those at the top. It is not doing well for the rest of us at the bottom. Which is the majority in case you were unaware.

free2018

Star

That was nice of them. Apparently, this largesse is tied to the improved economy, but people keep telling me that things are terrible, economically, and the numbers are just being fudged by far right economists. So I guess Americans are doing worse than ever, but digging deeper than ever. God bless the USA!
Americans are not doing well economically. It's a credit card facade.

polymoog

Superstar
I do believe that economic conditions are contrived, to a degree, but they have improved dramatically, afaic.
not sure where everyone else is, but in the area where i am the economy has definitely picked up.

polymoog

Superstar
The increase in donations is almost entirely driven by rich guys using their increase in parasitic dividends to donate back to themselves via their own foundations. They are just buying an even bigger write off and giving themselves a slap on the back and gaining ever more influence.

And I work for a charity and it is nothing but a business. If you knew how much went to administrative and executive fees you’d never donate a dime.

thats true, the admin and exec fees take most of the donations. but one does not need to donate to a charity. ive given a bit to VC for this forum, several YTers to support their work, stormfront (thats a joke for TMT!), and to the local animal rescue people (although if i thought that they were scuttling the funds for themselves, they take physical donations of pet food and other stuff just as gratefully).

i used to look at charity navigator, but i dont even trust that site. do you have any opinion on that website?

thats true, the admin and exec fees take most of the donations. but one does not need to donate to a charity. ive given a bit to VC for this forum, several YTers to support their work, stormfront (thats a joke for TMT!), and to the local animal rescue people (although if i thought that they were scuttling the funds for themselves, they take physical donations of pet food and other stuff just as gratefully).

i used to look at charity navigator, but i dont even trust that site. do you have any opinion on that website?
I’m not sure you were joking. Good on you for the animals though.

I don’t have an opinion on the website, sorry.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

So why are you hoarding your ca$h up north while we carry the load? Dont you wish to enjoy the very same benefits we do under your hero Trump?

hyorishthottie

Established

The average American lives check to check and one major expensive away from eviction.

Yeah the US economy is booming for the much maligned “elite”.

Anytime you want to switch citizenship with me, I’m down man.
same. charity is a scam. most of these charities help nobody. are they going into the communities and handing it out to the people?
most people they target for the charities don't have the access or the smarts / education to go and seek the supposed "Resources" they offer for it,

And a lot of natural disasters are man made and they use the money to fund their own pockets.