Am I Being Detained? Am I Free To Go?

Lol no. I'm a skinny white boy who looks the opposite of dangerous. But I throw the hammer down like Thor or something.
Do you have long hair?

Before genetics decided to fuck me, my hair was long. Had a beard, too... And cops always gave me dirty looks and security guards would often be assholes.

Maes17

Superstar
Personally, I'm on the fence. I think what is be done can be done, but per usual it's being done wrong. I haven't really read a lot of the news on this as my give a damn is busted, but if Confederates can be labeled traitors for seceding, what are these autonomous zones? Seems like they are traitors and it becomes a federal issue.
I’m on the fence too. Seems rather nazi like but I’m also annoyed by the gang banging around here. The lack of enforcement because we’re a blue state. Something has got to give. A couple weeks ago a park up the street from my house, I take my son there. A 7 year old kid got shot. A 7 year old kid!

No more excuses for these fuckers. I’m for it but suspicious at the same time

Tidal

Star
The cops call people who make a fuss "heatseekers" because they attract heat from the authorities..:)

Awoken2

Superstar
my point on this is that NO ONE should stand to have their rights trampled on in the name of "safety".
As we fast approach a time where EVERYBODY will have their rights trampled on in the name of safety.

That old problem, reaction, solution thing works every time I guess.

threepwood

Rookie
i love watching US citizens stand up to the dronelike border patrol. YT is FILLED with footage. this is a new one....
I dont get it. Dont they have to verify your citizenship, to grant you these rights? Or do they apply to everyone?

Lurker

Star
I dont get it. Dont they have to verify your citizenship, to grant you these rights? Or do they apply to everyone?
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

Note that it reads people, not citizen.

threepwood

Rookie
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

Note that it reads people, not citizen.
Thanks for clarification. And I also didn't realize, that this happened within the US, not at the border. Boy.. this is getting out of hand. I always thought, conservatives (Trump-Supporters?) were more likely to defend the constitutional rights.

Why are there checkpoints within the US, anyway? Has this something to do with 9-11, or is this a Trump-thing?

kind regards,
threepwood

Lurker

Star
that this happened within the US, not at the border.
Border patrol has jurisdiction up to 100 miles from any border, land or sea. Meaning they can operate in all of Florida. With that said, I have never seen one, they probably congregate in the port cities.
Why are there checkpoints within the US, anyway? Has this something to do with 9-11, or is this a Trump-thing?
More a 9/11 thing. I remember walking back across the border from Tijuana, Mexico. The agent (for time and breath reasons, I'm sure) had shortened his question to "Citizen?" I said "yeah" and that was the end of our interaction.

justjess

Superstar
They’ve been using 911 as an excuse to erode rights for 20 years now. I’m over it. Immigrants have nothing to do with American and Israeli financed Saudi terrorist “patsies”

even if the official story was 100% true - a single terrorist attack should not be used as justification to suspend and violate constitutional rights for decades and to continue to decrease those rights year after year with no end in sight

Last edited:

Lurker

Star

“Proactively arresting” - here’s those “thought police” everyone claimed to be so worried about
Yeah, that's total bull shit. While I don't think they necessarily need permission, the Sheriff can kick them out. I don't particularly like my Sheriff, but she is the highest official in my county.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah, that's total bull shit. While I don't think they necessarily need permission, the Sheriff can kick them out. I don't particularly like my Sheriff, but she is the highest official in my county.
It doesn’t appear that the courts are agreeing with that take. I agree with it, yet they are still there. The last I heard the court dismissed the Oregon case because they said the DA didn’t have standing to file it.

Lurker

Star
It doesn’t appear that the courts are agreeing with that take.
Not surprised that the courts are siding with feds.
The last I heard the court dismissed the Oregon case because they said the DA didn’t have standing to file it.
I agree, The DA doesn't have the standing. In my view, the Sheriff would. Sadly, these appointed judges would probably still side with the feds.

justjess

Superstar
Not surprised that the courts are siding with feds.

I agree, The DA doesn't have the standing. In my view, the Sheriff would. Sadly, these appointed judges would probably still side with the feds.
No clue if Oregon even has sheriffs tbh. I don’t think we have a sheriff here.. if we do I’ve never heard of or seen them

threepwood

Rookie
They’ve been using 911 as an excuse to erode rights for 20 years now. I’m over it. Immigrants have nothing to do with American and Israeli financed Saudi terrorist “patsies”

even if the official story was 100% true - a single terrorist attack should not be used as justification to suspend and violate constitutional rights for decades and to continue to decrease those rights year after year with no end in sight
If only the public opinion had not fallen apart...

Aero

Superstar
Do you have long hair?

Before genetics decided to fuck me, my hair was long. Had a beard, too... And cops always gave me dirty looks and security guards would often be assholes.
Nah I never had hair that long. I really don't know why I would get profiled. I just know that if we looked at cops like they looked at us, they would be afraid for their lives and pull their guns out. And somehow we all deal with their staring without shitting a brick.

Have you tried Rogaine?

Maes17

Superstar

Yeah this does seem like years in the making. I am getting a gestapo like vibe

polymoog

Superstar
ZERO people from the bush administrations "terror cells" have been convicted in court. all of these measures to secure us from "terror" yielded nothing except a loss to our freedoms.

(this is discussed in part 3 of this great series by adam curtis.)