Abortion : The Otherside of the slippery slope

Well they are black women in both places...what’s the difference? One place has healthcare, the other not so much, but the place with the healthcare they women are dying in childbirth? It doesn’t make sense to me.

What long term consequences are there? And that wasn’t what those people were pointing out. They were saying things would be catastrophic in 10 years time and they weren’t. They lied.

Well, I can’t see God or touch Him..so what’s your point?
High birth rates does not mean that maternal death rates are low.

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=2223

Lisa

Superstar
High birth rates does not mean that maternal death rates are low.

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=2223
Untied states was ranked 137th out of 181. So, then they have really low rates then the rest of the world, which would seem that what was claimed here isn’t totally true either. I also didn’t see where it said just black women, just women...so idk on the theory that mostly black women are dying because of healthcare. I believe its another black/white article wanting to inflame the race divide.

Do you even read the articles that you proclaim to be untrue Lisa?
We can all post articles that claim we are right. I listen to what you say and whether or not I agree with it. I figure that there is some website somewhere that backs up your claim. As there is some website somewhere that backs up mine.

Untied states was ranked 137th out of 181. So, then they have really low rates then the rest of the world, which would seem that what was claimed here isn’t totally true either. I also didn’t see where it said just black women, just women...so idk on the theory that mostly black women are dying because of healthcare. I believe its another black/white article wanting to inflame the race divide.

We can all post articles that claim we are right. I listen to what you say and whether or not I agree with it. I figure that there is some website somewhere that backs up your claim. As there is some website somewhere that backs up mine.
The United States has the highest maternal death rate of any developed country, with it being highest for black women. Statistics don’t care about your feelings or perception.

justjess

Superstar

Reading something other than the Bible would do you a world of good Lisa. Even if it was conservative partisan crap... they still sprinkle some truth in there, would be better than the nothing you apparantly are currently working with.

Lisa

Superstar
The United States has the highest maternal death rate of any developed country, with it being highest for black women. Statistics don’t care about your feelings or perception.
I didn’t see it said black women, it just said women.

Lisa

Superstar
Reading something other than the Bible would do you a world of good Lisa. Even if it was conservative partisan crap... they still sprinkle some truth in there, would be better than the nothing you apparantly are currently working with.
I read the news plenty, thanks Jess for your concern.

You get your news from npr? :rolleyes: See what I mean?

justjess

Superstar
I read the news plenty, thanks Jess for your concern.

You get your news from npr? :rolleyes: See what I mean?
No hun I get my news from literally everywhere. Try reading it. I spent all of 2017 obsessed with the maternal mortality rate in the United States. I’ve read plenty, that was just the first article that popped up which didn’t scream the race angle so I thought you might bother to read. Forgive me for giving you too much credit

Lisa

Superstar
No hun I get my news from literally everywhere. Try reading it. I spent all of 2017 obsessed with the maternal mortality rate in the United States. I’ve read plenty, that was just the first article that popped up which didn’t scream the race angle so I thought you might bother to read. Forgive me for giving you too much credit
I don’t have time to read everything posted...or I’d be on here longer than I already am. Life/forum balance ya know.

justjess

Superstar
I don’t have time to read everything posted...or I’d be on here longer than I already am. Life/forum balance ya know.
Your here all day and night lately Lisa.. I find it hard to believe you don’t have five minutes to actually evaluate atleast some of the topics you so readily offer opinions on

Lisa

Superstar
Your here all day and night lately Lisa.. I find it hard to believe you don’t have five minutes to actually evaluate atleast some of the topics you so readily offer opinions on
One has to cut time here somehow.

Damien50

Star
Honestly, I did.
There have have been numerous times I've just kept her on ignore or put my horse blinders on. I'm glad racism doesn't exist for her, I'll call Oakley and see if they'll sponsor her rose tinted glasses.

justjess

Superstar
The problem is that black women have a higher incidence of preeclampsia, they are more predisposed to it, which is one of the major causes of maternal death. That in itself does not indicate racism.

But paired with the fact that the lower your income the worse your prenatal care... and minorities are more likely to be lower income, you have a situation that could be argued is institutional racism to some extent. I’d argue classism personally but they intersect.

Now maternal mortality is up across the board in this country over the last decade or so, it isn’t only black women. Or even only poor women.

And when every other country on earth has seen maternal mortality DECREASE over the same time period you have to be left to wonder why?

The article I posted does a pretty good objective job of highlighting some of this stuff.. for anyone actually interested.

Lisa

Superstar
The problem is that black women have a higher incidence of preeclampsia, they are more predisposed to it, which is one of the major causes of maternal death. That in itself does not indicate racism.

But paired with the fact that the lower your income the worse your prenatal care... and minorities are more likely to be lower income, you have a situation that could be argued is institutional racism to some extent. I’d argue classism personally but they intersect.

Now maternal mortality is up across the board in this country over the last decade or so, it isn’t only black women. Or even only poor women.

And when every other country on earth has seen maternal mortality DECREASE over the same time period you have to be left to wonder why?

The article I posted does a pretty good objective job of highlighting some of this stuff.. for anyone actually interested.
Well, I decided to check out the pre eclampsia thing after reading this, and you are right about this.

No need for the rose colored glasses @Damien50.