Zombie Apocalypse Strategies

Aero

Superstar
What types of zombies are we up against though? Like can they run, can they jump?

All you do against dumb zombies is dig a giant trench. Ideally it would be so deep that gravity literally crushes the zombies. But it doesn't have to be that deep. You can simply trap them and burn them with fire. Or use any other type of melee weapon and just lure them into a choke point. The point is to kill the zombies. Hiding sounds counterproductive

Maes17

Superstar
In a way that sounds dangerous.

However, if there is anything I have learned from George Romero movies it is that during a zombie apocalypse it is often your fellow humans who get you.
And walking dead.

Maes17

Superstar
Poster above says dig a trench. I say I agree. Very smart.
I'd also have my group of people trained physically, mentally.
Tip top shape, learn how to cultivate and become self sufficient and come together as a thriving community

SkepticCat

Veteran

... but if there's an actual zombie apocalypse - as in, really - I'll be out there doing whatever I can to help; I imagine there'll be no shortage of freaked out people and all hands on deck are required. This is what being a Vigilant Citizen is all about, yae?

What types of zombies are we up against though? Like can they run, can they jump?
There are various options for answers indeed...

1) Thoroughly researched zombie outbreak guidelines based on conclusive empirical evidence model:

2) iPhone apocalypse: (ongoing!)

In this case you simply remove the phone's battery or, failing that, blow up the local power plant.

All you do against dumb zombies is dig a giant trench. Ideally it would be so deep that gravity literally crushes the zombies. But it doesn't have to be that deep. You can simply trap them and burn them with fire. Or use any other type of melee weapon and just lure them into a choke point. The point is to kill the zombies. Hiding sounds counterproductive

Maes17

Superstar
So is team of people best approach or the Meccanian solo approach?
Obviously strength in numbers.
But it does help to have skills to be able to survive solo in case of such situations. That's one thing that has always baffled me about the walking dead, the fact humans are trying to survive the zombie apocalypse yet they still turn on fellow humans.

I get the greed and wanting more aspect.
But realistically I think most people would seek and try to build a liveable community

Aero

Superstar
Yes you need to establish some type of community. Sure some people will be able to survive alone, but it will be a bitter struggle. Why do that, when you can have basic comforts. Like rest, decent food and shelter.

I don't think that a zombie virus like on the walking dead would ever spread. Who would get infected by those dumb slow zombies? Seriously though. Even a child can run faster. Someone in a wheelchair could outrun them.

Lurker

Star
I guess you could say zombies are like alligators. You don't have to outrun the alligator; you just have to outrun the people you're with.:p