Zeitgeist Debunked: Jesus Is Not A Copy Of Pagan Gods

Helioform

Star
Just to add to this @Etagloc

I have watched this video and it's basically all a bunch of appeal to authority, guilt by association and strawman fallacies. "This author dabbled in spiritualism therefore what he says is untrustworthy" kind of biased nonsense. Mixed with a lot of cherry picking. A basically worthless video that tries to play on conspiracy thinking when it suits the author, and then turns around to use mainstream sources that appear to refute the astro-theological connection.

As for the part about the picture of Horus with 12 disciples being "cut off":

"The image is from p. 48 of Dr. Erik Hornung's book The Ancient Egyptian Books of the Afterlife - it has not been cut off. The original depiction is in the tomb of Tuthmosis III, as found on p. 39 of Hornung's book, in which the other figures are not only separated from the 12 in front of the seated god but they are also facing the other direction. Clearly the artist meant them to be in groups of TWELVE. Moreover, Hornung describes this scene as "the sun god...enthroned as 'Horus of the netherworld.'" (Hornung, AEBA, 39) This book can be viewed online using Amazon's "Look Inside" feature. As I explain in my book in the many pages of "The Twelve Followers" chapter, these "stars" are personified as human beings, just as the sun has been. They are also considered "helpers" or "assistants" of Horus, Ra or Osiris. The word "disciple" is used in order to illustrate a point - no one has said that the Greek word, which simply means "learner" or "pupil," is found on the walls of the Egyptian tombs. The point is that there certainly DOES exist a common and popular motif of a god with 12 "helpers" - by whatever name - in pre-Christian Egyptian religion, as elsewhere. This motif was fervently denied until I brought forth this evidence, and now that it can't be denied it is being dismissed with ultimately meaningless nitpicking. Nevertheless, the fact will remain that long before Jesus and the 12 supposedly existed, there were Amun and the 12, Osiris and the 12, Ra and the 12, and Horus and the 12, again among others. (See my "ZEITGEIST Sourcebook" for a thorough list of "the 12" motif in pre-Christian and biblical mythology/religion.)"

As for the historicity of Jesus, all of the points brought up in there are mentionned and rebutted here:

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/jesusgodmanmyth.html

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Colonel Valerio and @Helioform

Out of respect for our free will, God lets people believe what they want to and do what they like. You accept some authorities and reject others. I do the same. In the same spirit as my Father, I leave you both to choose. I offer no smart lines, no rebuttals. I don't care about winning a point but I do care about both of you. So does the one who gave Himself for you.

Vytas

Star
I have watched this video and it's basically all a bunch of appeal to authority, guilt by association and strawman fallacies.
Like this ?

First idea that Christ never existed appeared in 18 century :D

All authors present different versions who mythical Jesus was.

@Colonel Valerio and @Helioform

Out of respect for our free will, God lets people believe what they want to and do what they like. You accept some authorities and reject others. I do the same. In the same spirit as my Father, I leave you both to choose. I offer no smart lines, no rebuttals. I don't care about winning a point but I do care about both of you. So does the one who gave Himself for you.

I reject fundamentalism and literalism but I still believe in Jesus, his “divinity” and the resurrection, while understanding there is a great deal of myth surrounding him.

Vytas

Star
Very interesting belief..wiki says :

Broadly it is taken as the belief that Jesus only seemed to be human, and that his human form was an illusion.
Im not sure that count's, not because of complete idiocy but because they admit he was something...