Youtube Takes Steps To Censor "controversial" (a.k.a. "conservative") Content

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by UnderAlienControl, Aug 4, 2017.

1. UnderAlienControl

UnderAlienControl Star

2. mecca

mecca Star

They're not against conservative content, they're just against non advertiser friendly content. All youtubers that make many different forms of content are getting their videos secretly demonetized for the dumbest reasons because advertisers don't want to put their ads on anything.

So youtube is rolling out all these features to control the type of content people make so they can get more money.

williejonesjr likes this.
  3. UnderAlienControl

UnderAlienControl Star

They're against people exposing the truth...RIP YouTube...Soon to join Twitter on the downward spiral...

4. Haich

Haich Star

Advertising killed YouTube, I was giving a tedtalks based lesson and a Clearblue ad decided to ruin my lecture.

5. Undertaker

Undertaker Established

6. polymoog

polymoog Star

wrong. pulling the advertisers was just the first step in an effort to hurt 'extremist' channels. advertisers wouldnt care as long as the number of views were high. YT has the ADL involved in monitoring and censoring YT now. did you read the article? conservative is "alt right" and anything "alt-right" is now getting buried, having their subscribers removed randomly, and flat out censored. most truth channels are wiped out.

7. mecca

mecca Star

But that's also happening to non conservative channels as well.

8. Lurker

Lurker Star

I think poly's key word was "truth". Most truth sites are right leaning, but if they happen to be left leaning then the hammer will fall on them as well. YouTube ain't got no time for people to tell the truth.

9. mecca

mecca Star

Even non "truth" channels. Youtube hates everyone.

10. Lurker

Lurker Star

Good, good. Let the hate flow.

11. williejonesjr

williejonesjr Veteran

CP sites will never be censored by YT

12. polymoog

polymoog Star

i have never seen a left leaning truth channel or website. it would be a contradiction to truth.

im not saying that a truth site/YT channel needs to be conservative or pro trump, but i cannot imagine any truth channel supporting the liberal left after all we saw in 2016 and their agenda in the last few years. it would be an immediate red flag.

13. mecca

mecca Star

In what way?

14. UnderAlienControl

UnderAlienControl Star

15. UnderAlienControl

UnderAlienControl Star

polymoog, rainerann and Fl-Fr-Fa like this.
  16. rainerann

rainerann Star

That was very interesting. This is the link to a site that the article mentions. I can't figure it out entirely, but it seemed like it was worth pointing out.

"The good news is that many have seen this day coming and have made moves to combat it. One such move is the social media platform Steemit.

This uncensorable network is a blockchain-based social media platform where anyone can post and read what they want — and even earn money. It works in a similar fashion to Reddit, however, instead of being banned or censored for posts, if other users like your content, you make money."

https://steemit.com/@tftproject

**edit to add that the Steemit project has created a user video uploading website that is connecting with the Steemit site so that the same rules apply that allow articles or videos to profit when someone like the post. I don' t really understand it all that well, but it seems really interesting if anyone is interested.

"Last words

While I personally believe that decentralization is the future, don't get your hopes too high yet. Competing with YouTube is an heavy task that cannot be done by one man. My intent with this project was to practically demonstrate the possibility of decentralized video on top of IPFS. It works, but we don't know how well it will work in the long-term. YouTube also has a lot of extra features that makes the experience superior. What I built, represents maybe 1% of the work required to have something that can compete with YouTube. I built some walls, but there is no insulation, or painting, and the whole building might collapse at any time."
    https://steemit.com/video/@heiminda...ntralized-video-platform-using-steem-and-ipfs

There is still a reason to have hope.
    https://dtube.video/

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  17. UnderAlienControl

UnderAlienControl Star

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Fl-Fr-Fa likes this.