YouTube Purge Continues

I think it is mainly the leadership of these companies that get their orders from think tanks like CFR. So, in essence, yeah the elite.
Still don't know what NPC means.
you clearly didn't get the joke or reference (Non playing character) Not important anyways.

So you think the CFR is ordering youtube to ban certain content that you described as "dissenting views" ?

You still haven't given me examples of what specifically you think these "dissenting views" are, because that is a very broad and generalized idea.

I would like to know what you think people said that got them "censored" and see some examples of this.

justjess

Superstar
you clearly didn't get the joke or reference (Non playing character) Not important anyways.

So you think the CFR is ordering youtube to ban certain content that you described as "dissenting views" ?

You still haven't given me examples of what specifically you think these "dissenting views" are, because that is a very broad and generalized idea.

I would like to know what you think people said that got them "censored" and see some examples of this.
In all fairness that’s probably an impossible task. Videos being banned means they are no longer available to provide.

also I will agree that this is getting a bit out of control.. my husband commented on some video showing a women doing a nutty thing on fb that “women are nuts lol” and was thrown in fb jail, comment was not hateful or mean spirited or sexist. A friend (A white lady) from childhood also got herself in fb jail for posting a video of a racist white lady blocking a black mom from getting to her car in a parking lot and said the woman was trash. Which she clearly was. But apparantly the word “trash” was an issue

The definition of hate speech is being exaggerated beyond its intended scope in some situations imo. :rolleyes:

In all fairness that’s probably an impossible task. Videos being banned means they are no longer available to provide.
sure, but a brief summary of views that are banned, and those content creators, wouldn't be hard to provide, especially if there is supposedly a major purge of ideas taking place.

justjess

Superstar
sure, but a brief summary of views that are banned, and those content creators, wouldn't be hard to provide, especially if there is supposedly a major purge of ideas taking place.
I don’t do YouTube but you can see my above edit

show me hardcore proof that the elites do not want right wing beliefs to be accessed by the public. Because I think you will fail in that regard. So you then have to ask yourself what is the real reason for many of these people getting kicked off youtube.

For instance, Do you really think the elites thought Alex Jones was a threat so they banned him from youtube ?

Do you want to have a real discussion, or just be a rightwing NPC who swallows all the elite created talking points ?
Because they've been deplatformed from everything you fooking maniac. The absolute cope saying that this was done "to make right wingers think there is a conspiracy against them" is some deep, deep, mental gymnastics, and then saying prove that this happened... I always regret taking 15 seconds from my life to read your posts.

youtube and google etc are a monopoly, and they came to prominence through publicly funded works such as power lines without which their companies would be impossible to run. Multi national corporations who take no loss of profits from deplatforming users, who brought millions to their site and made them the monolith they became, is not a simple issue of private companies etc.

Tidal

Star
Fortunately, @VigilantCitizen is more tolerant than you.

I don't know who owns VC or what their views are, but they don't seem to go around like little Hitlers warning people or deleting their posts, so out of respect for them I tone down my comments a bit..:)

The definition of hate speech is being exaggerated beyond its intended scope in some situations imo. :rolleyes:

yeah I agree, and those examples you gave are ridiculous.

But I think what is truly going on is far more deceptive and inciduous than what seems to be going on at surface level.

So I think we have a double game going on and while there is over policing of political correctness, we also have simultaneously people using "free speech" to legitimately push hateful and racist agendas. These people can then hide their truly racist and hateful agendas behind the excuse of "being persecuted by political correctness" and while there are genuine cases of this happening, (ie the examples to gave with your husband and friend) the whole purpose of this is to create a shield which the more malevolant actors can hide behind.

then we have political correctness issues like anti-semitism, where the legitimate criticism of Zionism gets conflated with anti-semitism, and again the real anti-semites get to hide behind the excuse of overpolicing of political correctness. The legitimate anti-semite can claim he or she is simply anti-zionist.

But again getting kicked off of facebook or youtube or twitter is NOTHING compared to going to jail. The Trump administration have taken steps or even voiced opinions to criminalize protests of flag burning, and also state funds have been withheld from people who support BDS. This is where REAL first ammendment issues lie.

Protecting some of the people getting banned feels like a weird hill to die on. Do you really want to be like "oh, look, discrimination against conservatives, David Duke and Richard Spencer is banned"? A lot of the people getting banned are either flat out white nationalists, or at least adjacent. Many of them will be reinstated, before long.

What are you even doing here? Vast right wing conspiracy is real? All others fake?
Conspiracy theorists have always been a varied bunch of people. You have fascistic/white supremacist wings, Christian fundamentalists/fanatics, Islamic people from various walks of life , weird New Agers, and the rare dirty leftist like me who believes a lot of same things most people do but view in from an entirely materialistic point of view rather than spiritual one. Hell, you'd even have the occasional non-believer, reminding people that sometimes not everything is part of the conspiracy...

justjess

Superstar
yeah I agree, and those examples you gave are ridiculous.

But I think what is truly going on is far more deceptive and inciduous than what seems to be going on at surface level.

So I think we have a double game going on and while there is over policing of political correctness, we also have simultaneously people using "free speech" to legitimately push hateful and racist agendas. These people can then hide their truly racist and hateful agendas behind the excuse of "being persecuted by political correctness" and while there are genuine cases of this happening, (ie the examples to gave with your husband and friend) the whole purpose of this is to create a shield which the more malevolant actors can hide behind.

then we have political correctness issues like anti-semitism, where the legitimate criticism of Zionism gets conflated with anti-semitism, and again the real anti-semites get to hide behind the excuse of overpolicing of political correctness. The legitimate anti-semite can claim he or she is simply anti-zionist.

But again getting kicked off of facebook or youtube or twitter is NOTHING compared to going to jail. The Trump administration have taken steps or even voiced opinions to criminalize protests of flag burning, and also state funds have been withheld from people who support BDS. This is where REAL first ammendment issues lie.
I agree with all that but I think there is a piece your missing.. by allowing or not caring that YouTube or Facebook or whatever are censoring free speech, by their not being an uproar over THAT you cement the conditions they need for the government to actually crack down on free speech in the ways you mention and others.

it’s a “first they came for.. and no one cared” situation

we’ve always had people who exploited free speech for devious reasons, prohibiting or punishing it just causes the opposite intended effect in the long run. Better to let it go or counter it with your own free speech then censor it and give them an excuse or an opening

Because they've been deplatformed from everything you fooking maniac. The absolute cope saying that this was done "to make right wingers think there is a conspiracy against them" is some deep, deep, mental gymnastics, and then saying prove that this happened... I always regret taking 15 seconds from my life to read your posts.
youtube still has plenty of right wing content so no they haven't been "deplatformed"

in fact youtube and social media as a whole played a major role in radicalizing the right and getting DT elected.

the right wing has a massive victimhood complex, and yes virtually all of their conspiracy theories revolve around them being victims of some "liberal/communist" conspiracy, so no it is not "mental gymnastics" The president just gave a 4th of July speech claiming there is a "leftwing conspiracy against them"

its out in the open that the fascists are and always have portrayed themselves as victims of a conspiracy. Trump is saying it openly.

youtube and google etc are a monopoly, and they came to prominence through publicly funded works such as power lines without which their companies would be impossible to run. Multi national corporations who take no loss of profits from deplatforming users, who brought millions to their site and made them the monolith they became, is not a simple issue of private companies etc.
by this same logic every single business would not be possible without public funded works such as power lines, roads, telephones, etc. etc. and would also be impossible to run.

Do you not believe in "free markets" If so, and if there are many people who think like you, start up your own alternative, you have a "free market" opportunity to make money and promote your own ideas.

Or are you scared that not that many people support your ideas ?

youtube still has plenty of right wing content so no they haven't been "deplatformed"

in fact youtube and social media as a whole played a major role in radicalizing the right and getting DT elected.

the right wing has a massive victimhood complex, and yes virtually all of their conspiracy theories revolve around them being victims of some "liberal/communist" conspiracy, so no it is not "mental gymnastics" The president just gave a 4th of July speech claiming there is a "leftwing conspiracy against them"

its out in the open that the fascists are and always have portrayed themselves as victims of a conspiracy. Trump is saying it openly.

by this same logic every single business would not be possible without public funded works such as power lines, roads, telephones, etc. etc. and would also be impossible to run.

Do you not believe in "free markets" If so, and if there are many people who think like you, start up your own alternative, you have a "free market" opportunity to make money and promote your own ideas.

Or are you scared that not that many people support your ideas ?
I’m not going to give you much because I’ve tried to converse with you as if you were a reasonable person a lot of times and it has never been fruitful.

Yes the free market meme is largely a lie because there are other factors that exist beyond economics

So you believe that the world conspiracy who are right wingers are banning right wingers to make right wingers think there is a conspiracy against them, congratulations let me engage with this sophisticated line of thinking (not)

I agree with all that but I think there is a piece your missing.. by allowing or not caring that YouTube or Facebook or whatever are censoring free speech, by their not being an uproar over THAT you cement the conditions they need for the government to actually crack down on free speech in the ways you mention and others.

it’s a “first they came for.. and no one cared” situation

we’ve always had people who exploited free speech for devious reasons, prohibiting or punishing it just causes the opposite intended effect in the long run. Better to let it go or counter it with your own free speech then censor it and give them an excuse or an opening
yeah I get what your saying but you cannot leave certain things unregulated.

Alex Jones got kicked off for spreading bullshit about Sandy Hook, saying that parents were "crisis actors" and that nobody died, one of the parents of the victims commited suicide, and others ended up sueing Jones.

Sorry but that type of rubbish is not "free speech" and should not be allowed to pollute the airways. Again I understand the slippery slope argument, and I wouldn't agree with banning people who do not break the terms of agreement.

There are terms of agreement to posting on youtube, if these terms are legitimately enforced, and not selectively, then I have no problem with that.

People forget that youtube have advertisement sponsors and I believe a lot of this started when peoples ads were being shown on controversial material.

Businesses have a right to not have their ads pop up on some crackpot going on about Sandy Hook. Perhaps youtube could not play commercials on certain material.

So you believe that the world conspiracy who are right wingers are banning right wingers to make right wingers think there is a conspiracy against them, congratulations let me engage with this sophisticated line of thinking (not)
No thats not quite what I said, but let me hit you with one right back at you

You believe that right wingers are being banned for their views even though the President of the US shares those same views on the daily, and even though Fox News (most watched cable news in America) promotes those views daily, and even though social media played a MAJOR role getting Trump elected in the first place, and even though there are still plenty of those views on Youtube TODAY.

Yeah thats real sophisticated. :rolleyes:

No thats not quite what I said, but let me hit you with one right back at you

You believe that right wingers are being banned for their views even though the President of the US shares those same views on the daily, and even though Fox News (most watched cable news in America) promotes those views daily, and even though social media played a MAJOR role getting Trump elected in the first place, and even though there are still plenty of those views on Youtube TODAY.

Yeah thats real sophisticated. :rolleyes:
The president was elected to serve as a face for what is still the majority of America, so when his ratings are sinking he will address his base, although will never do what they want.

Other than that, all institutions, including the trump presidency, are controlled by interests contrary to the interests of the American public. Fox News is allowed to exist because they are Zionist, same with all right wing content still on YouTube, eg ben Shapiro and Ezra Levant. The fact that people used social media to express their views during the 2016 election is not a bad thing that should be changed you fooking maniac, people should be allowed to say what they think on their public profile. “ Social media”doesn’t influence elections, it exists as a platform for people to speak, so it’s people influencing their own elections. Elections which you get to choose between left aka Marxism and right aka Zionism but in principle you should be allowed to speak about it. so if they are only going to allow certain views they should say that so that people can leave. They are a monopoly because people from all perspectives used them for the last 15 years which led to their companies becoming huge.

The president was elected to serve as a face for what is still the majority of America,
Wrong. More people voted for Hillary Clinton, and that's despite record low voter turnout. Trump in reality represents a minority of America.
so when his ratings are sinking he will address his base, although will never do what they want.
He has always addressed his base, regardless of his ratings. His base wants a "culture war" and he is giving it to them.

Fox News is allowed to exist because they are Zionist,
No they exist because they push the agenda of the right wing elites. Zionism is only one part of that agenda.

same with all right wing content still on YouTube, eg ben Shapiro and Ezra Levant.
again Zionism is only one part of the overall right wing agenda, and you can still go to youtube and watch anti-Zionist right wingers like Adam Green, and being kicked off of Youtube does not mean that person is silenced. They all have websites that host their content.
The fact that people used social media to express their views during the 2016 election is not a bad thing that should be changed you fooking maniac, people should be allowed to say what they think on their public profile. “ Social media”doesn’t influence elections,
yes social media does influence elections, especially when targeted "fake news" ads were used strategically in swing states. Cambridge Analytica, and other organizations like Psy Group prove otherwise.

it exists as a platform for people to speak, so it’s people influencing their own elections. Elections which you get to choose between left aka Marxism and right aka Zionism but in principle you should be allowed to speak about it. so if they are only going to allow certain views they should say that so that people can leave. They are a monopoly because people from all perspectives used them for the last 15 years which led to their companies becoming huge.
there are terms of agreement for use, you break them you get kicked off, its not that hard a concept.

Youtube is not the entire world, there's still a thing called internet and people are free to consume or watch whatever they want. Nobody has truly been silenced.[/QUOTE]

DavidSon

Star

Politically I'm more left/center but even to me it's obvious there's a bias on these platforms favoring progressive, PC content while discouraging material that doesn't fit their rigid ideals. As others have said the frustration is because of double standards. Hebrew Israelite theology is allowed while a white power channel would be banned in seconds. It's OK to promote transgender lifestyles but a Bible quote about homosexuality is hate-speech. 3rd Temple Orthodox supremacy is tolerated but any criticism of BGLM (black gay lives matter as I heard someone say lol) and you're done.

In the case of Jones we know why he was banned: for calling out Jewish influence. It's no secret that that all the big tech/media corporations and their investors are Jewish- if you question their influence or the hypocrisy of Zionism you're shadow banned, de-platformed, de-monetized, etc. There's no two ways about it.

It's not just the right being censored. Critics of the United States' perpetual wars are facing censorship too.

You made a good point about private companies setting their own rules. But it bothers people because we value open dialogue (unless truly inciting violence) and the mainstream sites have so many more viewers. Who wants to join a platform with like 30 people? We're dependent on them to reach the masses, at least until other hubs gain popularity. I guess the criticism is the tech giants are guilty of false advertising- they claim to support free-speech but are acting as gate-keepers, filtering the wide range of beliefs into palatable, Zio-friendly fragobytes.

this is literally nothing to do with "right wing" *facepalm* apparently the censorship now is being done to make right wingers look credible, lol ok.

London Real
David Icke

all really not right wing at all. possibly disinfo, but yeh vce ur view is so narrow its draining to listen to u try to fit everything into ur anti trump paradigm.

Tidal

Star
A TIP- if you see an interesting vid on youtube or anywhere else, SAVE it to your hard drive (and for extra backup also save it to an external hard drive or burn it to DVD if you like) so that you'll have it forever, even if it should mysteriously vanish from the sites later on.
You needn't necessarily save the whole vid, you could just save a short snippet that makes it's point.
Hey Pred mate, what do you say about vids getting taken down?