Youtube: Former homosexuals and children of LGBTs speak the truth

polymoog

Superstar
is there always a religious component with homosexual conversions?

Maes17

Superstar
is there always a religious component with homosexual conversions?
Is there?
Most religions celebrate man/woman. Not same sex stuff.
It's nature.
Hard to see homosexuality and religion intertwining in a positive way

polymoog

Superstar
Is there?
Most religions celebrate man/woman. Not same sex stuff.
It's nature.
Hard to see homosexuality and religion intertwining in a positive way
let me clear this up a bit: from what ive seen and heard, the converted person has always found christianity during or prior to their conversion. do you know any non-religious types that have converted? yes, the last woman seemed to be far less religious than the others, but she, IMO, is the rare exception (i didnt look at her bio, though, and im not sure she was ever truly gay at all-- just caught up in that situation).

JoChris

Superstar
Great question from you all. I don't know whether becoming straight is only claimed by religious people.

Your question now has made me wonder how many people claim to become straight when they they join non-Christian faiths/ return to childhood faith (which has beliefs incompatible with gay lifestyle).

I honestly don't think something as deep-rooted as sexual identity could be overcome by mere secular human counselling or deprogramming.

JoChris

Superstar
let me clear this up a bit: from what ive seen and heard, the converted person has always found christianity during or prior to their conversion. do you know any non-religious types that have converted? yes, the last woman seemed to be far less religious than the others, but she, IMO, is the rare exception (i didnt look at her bio, though, and im not sure she was ever truly gay at all-- just caught up in that situation).
I got the impression from the video above that she was never gay despite mol*station from both parents.
Yes she says she is a Christian. http://mannsword.blogspot.com/2018/05/moira-greyland-and-intolerant-religion.html

From several things I have noticed on YouTube clips about her parents' works- blending of Science Fiction, the Occult and alternative sexualities, especially MA rated ones. That should be investigated further. How widespread is this amongst Science Fiction writers and fans?

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar

Maes17

Superstar
Gotcha gotcha.
I misinterpreted the video. But did notice a lot of what you and JoCris pointed out