"Yanny" "Laurel"--Testing?

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
Do you guys thing the "Yanny" " Laurel" thing was testing our ability to hear frequency? Kind of like a societal test. I personally have heard both, but I notice that depending on how I felt and how my brain functioned the name changed.

I heard Yanny first when I was more focused. I was really internal and introspective and in tune with my feelings.

I heard Laurel when I a little out of it, meaning bored, or disinterested to the point where I would daydream in my mind.

Which name did you hear?

Could this be linked to some sort of frequency testing for the future?

DeathlyHallows

Established
I heard both, Laurel when I had just awakened and saw it on the news. I didn't really hear Yanny, but more like Yally? I don't know what that means, but I did hear both. My friend at work heard Yammy.

mecca

Superstar
At first I heard Yanny then I noticed Laurel.

Now I can hear both of them playing simultaneously. And I can also switch between hearing one or the other by itself too.

I don't think it's any kind of social test, it's just a weird thing that people found and turned into a meme.

Tikawanda

Established
It's definitely strange. Clearly this is a byproduct of the Mandela Effect. :eek:

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
The explaination in this video kind of confirmed my suspicions if we can can hear a different word in another frequency, what will stop someone from putting subliminal messages in audio or music at a higher frequency? A one group will just hear “laurel” but the younger generation or targeted group can receive a whole other message.

I still think this knowledge can be used as a weapon

Trenton

Veteran
I only hear Laurel, I've even tried plugging my ears up a bit by yawning. I heard it's more common for children to hear yanny because kid ears.

Trenton

Veteran
I only hear Laurel, I've even tried plugging my ears up a bit by yawning. I heard it's more common for children to hear yanny because kid ears.
With this information the government now knows exactly who's gen y and who is gen z

Maes17

Superstar
Laurel was the actual word. From what I read last week.
Did have to do with frequency hearing though for sure

Thunderian

Superstar
My wife and I initially both heard Yanny, but before a movie the other night (Infinity War) they played it as part of the pre-show stuff and we both heard Laurel.

jesidayne

I heard yanny when I heard it the first time. Then I started to hear laurel. I saw the video that showed the different frequencies, and it was funny because before that I knew it had something to do with frequency, tone, and the way we pick up the vibrations of sound. I guess it could be a sort of test, and yeah, makes total sense it could be used to hide subliminal messages. Eeeks...

mecca

Superstar
My wife and I initially both heard Yanny, but before a movie the other night (Infinity War) they played it as part of the pre-show stuff and we both heard Laurel.
There's probably more bass in movie theater speakers.