Yahweh or Jehovah?

PlaneJane

Established
I’ve been calling “Jesus” by His real name Jeshuah for several years now.
I thought I had it figured out that the true name of God was Yahweh for a few years too. It has come to my attention that Yahweh May have been the name of that jerk god Jupiter that the tribe of Judah took over from the Caananites.
Has anyone truly studied up on this?
My study seems to show that Jehovah may be what our Father wants us to call him. What are your thoughts on this?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I thought I had it figured out that the true name of God was Yahweh for a few years too. It has come to my attention that Yahweh May have been the name of that jerk god Jupiter that the tribe of Judah took over from the Caananites.
My study seems to show that Jehovah may be what our Father wants us to call him. What are your thoughts on this?
Reflecting on this, God confused the languages at Babel. Some people think that the "original" language may have been Hebrew but that might also be conjecture.

The Bible also talks of tongues of Men and of Angels so the name(s) of God must be transposed into at least two distinct types of speech.

Given the fact that demons are still rebuked in the name of Jesus (and they know who Christians mean), I think there is less in getting the exact Hebrew pronunciation right than has become popular in some Christian circles of late...

Daciple

Star
Please dont get caught up in the Sacred Name Cults, they will drag you down a terrible path that leads nowhere but to Cultism and rejection of True Doctrine.

Here is the simplest statement I can think of concerning this entire thing:

~A rose would smell the same by any other name~

Crying out to Christ, the Savior, the Son of God, He will know regardless of the name you are calling out. Just think about it, in Japan do they use the English name we use for Jesus or God? No, but are they still saved when they cry out to イエス and however you pronounce that?

Of course, same with this any name or pronunciation of God and Christ, only deluded people would come to think that if they dont say some special name then they are praying to the wrong God. There is also a name for that as well, its called Occultism/Kabbalahism...

PlaneJane

Established
I appreciate all interest in this subject.
I belong to no cult, nor even a physical church. I belong only to our Father, and the body of Christ.
Ephesians 4:12 - 4:15
1 Corinthians 3:2

JoChris

Superstar
Where did you get the belief that Jesus' real name is Jeshuah from?

The god Jupiter was the god of the Romans, not the Canaanites. https://www.ancient.eu/jupiter/

He is not listed amongst their gods. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Canaanite_religion

Christians are not commanded to call God any particular name really. https://carm.org/does-god-have-a-name

Be careful of forming a type of legalism RE names.

PlaneJane

Established
My response is that I do choose to believe the Bible over random junk listed in the top pages of google and Wikipedia.
As a viewer of this Vigilant Citizen website, you should understand that.
Indeed, it takes A LOT of digging and STUDY to find the TRUTH
I’ve studied many many denominations of deities. Half of my life I’ve spent studying everything from Judaism, to the Book of Mormon, to the Koran, to Scientology and even Buddhism, and Hinduism. To name a few.

Praise Jeshuah for showing me the way of the TRUTH.
Mark 11:24

DavidSon

Star
There are near 30 names/titles for the Almighty in the original Hebrew scriptures. I'm not sure why anyone would conceal the fact or try and convince us it isn't relevant. I write "God" for the sake of clarity, but in my own prayers, songs, meditation feel freedom to call any of His holy titles, including in other languages. Godfrey Higgins in his Anacalypsis writes this(pg. 62):

" ...In the original, God is called by a variety of names, often the same as that which the Heathen gave to their gods. To disguise this, the translators have availed themselves of a contrivance adopted by the Jews in rendering the Hebrew into Greek, which is to render the word Iueu, and several of the other names by which God is called in the Bible, by the (greek letters) or Lord... In this the Jews were justified by the commandment which forbids the use of the name Ieue. But not so the Christians, who do not admit the true and evident meaning adopted by the Jews- "Thou shalt not take the name of Ieue , thy God, in vain." And, therefore, they have no right, when pretending to give a translation, to call God by any other than that of the original, whether it be Adonis, Ie, or Ieue. This the reader will immediately see is of the first importance in offering a correct understanding of the book."

How important to understanding is the original language? That's for each individual to decide.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
My response is that I do choose to believe the Bible over random junk listed in the top pages of google and Wikipedia.
As a viewer of this Vigilant Citizen website, you should understand that.
Indeed, it takes A LOT of digging and STUDY to find the TRUTH
I’ve studied many many denominations of deities. Half of my life I’ve spent studying everything from Judaism, to the Book of Mormon, to the Koran, to Scientology and even Buddhism, and Hinduism. To name a few.

Praise Jeshuah for showing me the way of the TRUTH.
Mark 11:24
There are plenty of Christian bible study websites which could help you answer your question.
E.g. https://www.preceptaustin.org/search/node?keys=Canaanite+gods

Vytas

Star
In critical moments in my life i always call Jesus, and he always responds. So whatever...If some people are hell bent to be fancy ( as there is nothing more to it ) it's their choice. But on believers priority list it shouldn't make it to the first hundred.

TokiEl

Superstar
That is a big mistake.

It's not genuine for you to say His name in a foreign language. It's pretensious at best.

So you might as well stop with that. And be real.

He knows His name in all languages.

Jesus is our Father.

You see God is a little bit more complicated than most can comprehend.

Here is how Moses wrote the actual Name of God. It's called Proto-Sinaitic.

See the hand and the person and the nail and another person ? That's how the Name of God was written in the beginning.

PlaneJane

Established
That is a big mistake.

It's not genuine for you to say His name in a foreign language. It's pretensious at best.

So you might as well stop with that. And be real.

He knows His name in all languages.

Jesus is our Father.

You see God is a little bit more complicated than most can comprehend.

Here is how Moses wrote the actual Name of God. It's called Proto-Sinaitic.

See the hand and the person and the nail and another person ? That's how the Name of God was written in the beginning.

I appreciate that you have given me a new perspective to look into. This is more of what I had in mind when I wrote this question.
Thank you

I do disagree with your thoughts on the name of Jesus, as I eat meat, not milk.
My birth father is named James, and it would not be appropriate for me to tell people that his name is William, nor would he want me to call him that. That is not his name.

Furthermore, on a different note, I would not wear a cross on my neck or have one hanging on my wall, just as I would not have a knife necklace or knife on my wall to remind me if my mother had been stabbed to death with a knife.

TokiEl

Superstar
I appreciate that you have given me a new perspective to look into. This is more of what I had in mind when I wrote this question.
Thank you
No problem. You're welcome. Am i the best ? You don't have to answer that.

I do disagree with your thoughts on the name of Jesus, as I eat meat, not milk.
My birth father is named James, and it would not be appropriate for me to tell people that his name is William, nor would he want me to call him that. That is not his name.
So not a baby bottle Christian ?

Very well it would be strange to call Jesus say for example Arthur... in that i totally agree with you.

Furthermore, on a different note, I would not wear a cross on my neck or have one hanging on my wall, just as I would not have a knife necklace or knife on my wall to remind me if my mother had been stabbed to death with a knife.
Oh ok... Muslims are very weary of the cross too... you know those whiners who can't conquer Israel if their souls depended on it ?

PlaneJane

Established
I truly enjoy your sense of humor :)
As for your last words, I think we both understand their own religion better than they do......shhh they are listening

elsbet

Superstar
I appreciate all interest in this subject.
I belong to no cult, nor even a physical church. I belong only to our Father, and the body of Christ.
Ephesians 4:12 - 4:15
1 Corinthians 3:2
I typically run with Father, as well.

I dont call my dad by his first name... I can imagine the look I would get :D

elsbet

Superstar
Exactly.

^^ Like the Jesus-on-a-stick scepter the pope is so fond of. Sacrilege.

No problem. You're welcome. Am i the best ? You don't have to answer that.

So not a baby bottle Christian ?

Very well it would be strange to call Jesus say for example Arthur... in that i totally agree with you.

Oh ok... Muslims are very weary of the cross too... you know those whiners who can't conquer Israel if their souls depended on it ?
Muslims have had "Israel" even after centuries of Christian crusades
We've lost it by our own hands and our own collective sin..and Jesus (ironic isn't it?) Will take it from dajjal/the antichrist

You Christians are so fecking bitter it's unreal.
You're actually bragging about the whore of babylon.

Also the cross means something to me..even if it doesn't to other Muslims.
It symbolises the death of our carnal nature.
It symbolises the conquest of spirit over flesh.

Anyway this thread is dumb ...Jesus spoke Aramaic.
He called HIM "Elah"

Oh and YHWH does not mean what you keep I stating it does. I have corrected you many times over before. You keep repeating that nonsense.

TokiEl

Superstar
Muslims have had "Israel" even after centuries of Christian crusades
We've lost it by our own hands and our own collective sin..
There is the god of your religion in the Bible. I know you've been looking... and there he is... squatting on Mount Zion.

Isaiah 14 12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!

How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.

and Jesus (ironic isn't it?) Will take it from dajjal/the antichrist
Jesus will take Israel from the antichrist and give it to Muslims ? L0L

Oh and YHWH does not mean what you keep I stating it does. I have corrected you many times over before. You keep repeating that nonsense.
I'm not stating anything.

I just show how His name was written in the beginning.

A hand and a person and a nail and a person.

There is the god of your religion in the Bible. I know you've been looking... and there he is... squatting on Mount Zion.

Isaiah 14 12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!

How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.

Jesus will take Israel from the antichrist and give it to Muslims ? L0L

I'm not stating anything.

I just show how His name was written in the beginning.

A hand and a person and a nail and a person.
1) isn't that like today where modern Israel with satanic symbolism and masonic lodges in Jerusalem along with gay pride events. Like it said in revelation 11 "like sodom and Egypt"
Wasnt like that before.

2) "give it to Muslims" erm yeh because when Jesus is here Muslims Christians and Jews are still going to be arguing over the trinitarian doctrine or whether Jesus was the messiah right?

Qur'an chapter 17
104 And We said to the Children of Israel after him: "Dwell in the land, then, when the final and the last promise comes near [i.e. the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ ['Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) عليهما السلام on the earth], We shall bring you altogether as mixed crowd (gathered out of various nations). (Tafsir Al-Qurtubi,).

This is the original promise of Zion. Through and for the messiah, not the imposter mystery Babylon version.
That time hasn't come yet.

In fact I have talked about the above verse 4-5 diff times on this forum.

3) YHWH
Yad doesn't mean hand like "palm of the hand" but in the context of pointing/finger. Hence it also refers to a pointer. Or rather the pointer is called the Hand.

I actually believe in the crucifixion. It's the fact you're wrong on this I'm pointing it out

TokiEl

Superstar
1) isn't that like today where modern Israel with satanic symbolism and masonic lodges in Jerusalem along with gay pride events. Like it said in revelation 11 "like sodom and Egypt"
Wasnt like that before.
There are also ungodly Jews even in Israel... and i suppose God will deal with them in due time.

2) "give it to Muslims" erm yeh because when Jesus is here Muslims Christians and Jews are still going to be arguing over the trinitarian doctrine or whether Jesus was the messiah right?

Qur'an chapter 17
104 And We said to the Children of Israel after him: "Dwell in the land, then, when the final and the last promise comes near [i.e. the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ ['Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) عليهما السلام on the earth], We shall bring you altogether as mixed crowd (gathered out of various nations). (Tafsir Al-Qurtubi,).
You are quoting from the book whose author is called out as an impostor squatting on Mount Zion by the prophet Isaiah.

3) YHWH
Yad doesn't mean hand like "palm of the hand" but in the context of pointing/finger. Hence it also refers to a pointer. Or rather the pointer is called the Hand.
In the beginning the letters were pictographs and YHWH was written or drawn as a hand and a person and a nail and a person.

You say a drawn hand doesn't mean a hand ? L0L

There are also ungodly Jews even in Israel... and i suppose God will deal with them in due time.

You are quoting from the book whose author is called out as an impostor squatting on Mount Zion by the prophet Isaiah.

In the beginning the letters were pictographs and YHWH was written or drawn as a hand and a person and a nail and a person.

You say a drawn hand doesn't mean a hand ? L0L
1) the very people who own, have built and are controlling Israel as those same ppl.
The Balfour declaration was written to Lord Rothschild.
You continuously diss muslims for opposing those people.

2) the God of Abraham and Isaac and Ismael and Noah and Moses and David and Jesus etc is "Lucifer" ? Even though in isaiah 14 that verse was not even about satan but the king of Babylon.
This is why I call you a faux Christian.
You even lie about your own book or you're too dumb to understand it.

3) Hebrew letters like Arabic are derived from earlier phonician which came from Egyptian heiroglyphs. However by that point they had evolved. Hebrew never contained images.
God said don't make images and you're associating His name with Egyptian images.
Don't you see the flipping irony in that?

When Jesus said

For verily I say unto you, Till. heaven and earth pass, one jot or one. tittle shall in no wise pass from. the law, till all be fulfilled.

The "jot" referred to is the smallest letter in the alphabet, Yod!!!
He didn't say arm or hand.