X-mass - Yuletide (a Pagan Festival)

JoChris

Superstar
Thank you. Have you looked at all at the opposing point of view? These people appear to have done so and they state:

...THE CORRECT MEANING OF "ECCLESIA"
Now, let's look at the word, "ecclesia". This Greek word appears in the New Testament approximately 115 times. That's just in this one grammatical form. It appears also in other forms. And in every instance, except three, it is wrongly translated as "church" in the King James Version. Those three exceptions are found in Acts 19:32, 39, 41. In these instances the translators rendered it "assembly" instead of "church." But, the Greek word is exactly the same as the other 112 entries where it was changed to "church" wrongly.

In Acts 19, "ecclesia" is a town council: a civil body in Ephesus. Thus, the translators were forced to abandon their fake translation in these three instances. Nonetheless, 112 times they changed it to "church." This fact has been covered-up under centuries of misuse and ignorance. The Greek word "ecclesia" is correctly defined as: "The called-out (ones)" [ECC = out; KALEO = call]. Thus, you can see how this word was used to indicate a civil body of select (called, elected) people.

According to the Encyclopedia Britannica:

In the New Testament, "ecclesia" (signifying convocation) is the only single word used for church. It (ecclesia) was the name given to the governmental assembly of the city of Athens,duly convoked (called out) by proper officers and possessing all political power including even juridical functions.

Obviously, in Greece an ecclesia had no resemblance to a church. An "ecclesia" was a civil assembly in Athens even before the writing of the New Testament. In the Oxford Universal English Dictionary (considered the standard for the English language) the word "ecclesia" is listed in its English form as used by our English forefathers. (Nowadays, only forms of the word appear - like, "ecclesiastical").

Quoting from the Oxford Universal English Dictionary on the word "ecclesia":

Ecclesia [mediaeval Latin, and Greek - from : SUMMONED] -A regularly convoked assembly, especially the general assembly of Athenians. Later, the regular word for church.

Thus, two of the most prestigious word resources in the English language confirm the fact that an "ecclesia" was originally a select civil body, summoned or convoked for a particular purpose. What, then, did the writers of the New Testament mean when they used the word "ecclesia" to describe a Christian body of people? We can assume that they intended to convey the original Greek meaning of the word: a body of Christians called out of the Roman and Judean system to come together into a separate civil community. It meant a politically autonomous body of Christians under no king but Jesus; under no other jurisdiction but that of Jesus. No man ruled them! Only Christ. And that was the reason these same Christians ran into trouble with kings and rulers; were arrested, crucified and martyred. They dropped Caesar as their King and took up Christ....

Might be interesting to study their complete article. The people who wrongly translated it as "church" would obviously then also try to redefine what ekklessia originally meant and try to push their point of view in the popular sources.

These people look like they did a thorough study about it, which I just found by doing an internet search:

http://www.aggressivechristianity.net/articles/ecclesia.htm
I will not look at opposite viewpoints which I already know distort/ reject bible passages in favour of their own worldview.
You display all the characteristics of what is warned in this cult-busting website.
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/5849-scripture-twisting

You were shown the correct translation of ekklesia, and you're still doing this:

Daciple has more patience with people of your type.

Forever Light

Veteran
...Essentially there no difference other than the Religion associated with the words, Synagogues are usually Jewish, Mosques Muslim, Church Christian.
Exactly. Therefore, those words all mean the same thing. The only difference in them is that they are referring to different denominations/sects (i.e. divisions) of the established organised religions.

Actually they did, do you not consider Paul an Apostle? Revelations mentions 7 of them, most of the New Testaments is written to Churches. The building doesnt matter, the Church is the people in the building, where they meet matters not, its a community that comes together to worship the Lord, to love and support each other. Again if we are to take your point of contention you have with Churches as Jesus saying not to meet at Churches then He also said not to meet in the Streets or open air. That is nonsensical claim.
In the Gospels, it is written how Jesus taught the disciples to pray and worship The Father.

The public prayers (led by a priest) and having to put money into their bowl (which shames and puts guilt on the people who have less, or have nothing to give), the indoctrination that happens in churches, and the idolatry that is still being practised in most of them, make most people very uncomfortable. The reason it does that, is because people intuitively know that it is wrong (because God is telling them it is wrong, by intuition).

If you could therefore, take the publicly prayers (led by a priest), public alms giving (?... alms? is the money people donate used to help the community ("love one another") or the priests/pastors? - you know the answer) out of the church. If you could take the idolatry and the middle-men (the priests - who stand in between you and God) out of the church. Then, you will no longer have a church, but just a meeting place for people. Wouldn't that be much better? Of course it would.

But then ask yourself, would they allow it? The Vatican (the "mother" church described in Rev.17) is full of idols and is one of, if it is not the richest organisation on the Earth. While billions of people all over the world suffer poverty. If they really were working for God, that would not be the case.
http://jahtruth.net/darth.htm

What does that matter? Jesus went to "Church" all the time, every Sabbath, every Holy Day, Jesus never missed a day to be with the congregation, dont you think we ought to do the same?
As above.

That makes no sense, your aversion to Church isnt supported in the Word of God.
Only by Jesus, and for the reasons stated. If you could change it and make it just a meeting place where people could assemble and help and support one another and have discussions and meetings, and take away all of the "churchianity" aspects, it would be just a building and different story. But, ask people who have tried.. It usually ends by them leaving the "church". I know it hurts. The truth sometimes hurts. But it's always for our benefit. Some things have been mentioned to you here. Just think about it. Ok? That's all I'm saying brother.

I agree we are to make disciples of all nations, by preaching the Gospel and by living as the Light of the World. A building in which people meet to worship God and hear the Word Preached is a method of how people are discipled...
If it was just a building, just a meeting place. I think (just me personally) something like a recreational centre might fit that description much better and could be a better example and can for instance have quiet areas and reading rooms (like a library), for people who might want access to that and to be able to get away from noise for the peace and quiet, to be able to talk to God etc., but it needs to be without "religion" and without "church" and there absolutely must be no priests.

P.S: Because God abolished the priesthood. See: http://jahtruth.net/rabbis.htm

I can tell you if you dont meet with others who are Born Again at a meeting place wherever it be regularly to praise the Lord and hear the Preached Gospel then you are doing a disservice to your walk and growth in Christ.
I like to study it myself, and do meet people and get to share experiences and have discussions with them, including sometimes about Faith. I find, God arranges for all these things to happen, and so they do.

But, because of what I know God has shown and confirmed for me personally, about it all, which is all confirmed in His Word, I won't attend them any more and prefer to stay away from churches.

I've been there. And for the reasons stated, I don't feel comfortable in them at all.

Every human being is actually a church (a real one).
We don't need churches and organised religion.
http://jahtruth.net/noti.htm

The Bible is absolutely clear we need to gather together (doesnt matter where) as a body of believers to worship God and support and love each other. Why are you opposed to this and why are you or this JAH person trying to teach against the Word of God?
As above. I'm not against gathering together with others. I'm against organised religion, for the reasons stated (and there is much more that could be added about that).
http://jahtruth.net/darth.htm

Then YHWH is a liar to say He is the only Savior? That He is the King? That He is the only Judge?
YHWH is not a liar.

Cant have YHWH say He is the only Savior and only Him be Savior then try and say an Angel is the actual Savior. Only YHWH is Savior, and Jesus is YHWH...
Christ explained about The Father (YHWH) being in Him:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only incarnated Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [Him].
John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the Will of the Father which hath sent me.
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The Words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works.

"the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works"

Please explain how that addresses that Jesus, not Michael is King? And how this proves Michael is YHWH the King...
It proves that Michael is Christ.
Please, read it again if this is still not clear to you.

So lets just get this out in the open here, are you this JAH person? If you are not this JAH person then you are literally after every single post telling everyone to go and read and be influenced and have the ideas fed to them by this JAH person. Or if its you, then by you. So please explain to me the difference of someone getting their ideas "fed" to them by a guy in a building or a guy on the internet?
No, I'm not JAH.
The difference is, that JAH is saying that you need to read it for yourself and then go and test it, so that you may see if it is the Truth from God, or if it is not.

Then you are suffering and doing a disservice to your faith and walk with Christ. I mean you are out here promoting lots of False Doctrine, it might do you well to go be in a Gospel Preaching Church and get under the Spirit and power of the Lord!
Thank you, but regarding churches, please see my replies above. Christ said this about His doctrine:
John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me.
7:17 If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself.

Again, are you this JAH guy?
No.
If not arent you just letting him teach you all sorts of things?
No. As it says in John 7:17. If any man will do His will, then God will confirm for you, whether the doctrine is true or if it is not.
If you are him arent you trying to teach everyone your ideology?
Once again, no. I'm not a teacher and this is not about any ideology.
I'm a student, not a teacher and am not striving to teach, but only pass on what I have learned, so that others may look at it too and also test it.

So why did God even tell Moses this?

If we read what happened before this statement we see that Moses was basically making excuses as to why he cant be the one to deliver the message to Pharaoh.

Ex 6:30 And Moses said before the Lord, Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh hearken unto me?

So God says this is no excuse, but since you wont talk I will use you in the position of a god, in that you will have the Power and you will speak to Aaron and he will be the prophet or the mouthpiece of what you tell him.
It does not in any way change what God said to Moses.
This was pointed out to you, just to give you an opportunity to think about it and see how it shows us how God does things. Because, once you are able to see and get that, then literally everything else start to fall into place.

Would you like to tell me God is afraid or wont speak to us, or humanity at all? Because He is there speaking to Moses right?
Speaking to Moses through Prince Michael (Rev. 12:7 - Christ).
God is a Spirit (John 4:23-24)

Your ideology doesnt justify why Thomas calls Jesus God, and if anything now you are adding even more confusion to the mix. So Jesus is God to us but isnt God? Really thats infinitely more hard to grasp than to say Jesus is God.
It is not an idealogy or about ideology. Its just about Scripture and what it actually says.
Why is it infinitely more hard to grasp? It is not and is really quite simple:

God (speaking to Moses through Christ) made Moses god to Pharaoh.
No one can deny this, because God said so.
God then instructed Moses to go and deliver His Message to Pharaoh.
So to Pharaoh, Moses was god, because God sent him. (Just like in John 5:23-24)
How can this be, someone might ask?
It can be so, very simply and easily, and it also was.
Simply, because God said so!

God made Moses god to Pharaoh.
Moses could then go to Pharaoh and tell him what God said he must do.

So, its not that hard to grasp (if you can suspend what you think you already know, just for a moment and then think about it. Its really actually not that hard to understand!
Although, it took me quite a long while before I finally got what God was showing me!
But, after I prayed and kept doing my studying of The Word, it finally somehow got through this body's thick skull, and now to me it makes perfect sense.
And the peace that came with finally being able to understand it and get how it works, is just beautiful. The best feeling ever. Now, I have peace about it. SO... I'm not saying anything about ideology. Its just about understanding Scripture and what it really says. I have such peace now, because I can read BOTH the Bible and Koran from cover to cover, and can see there are NO contradictions!
So, all I'm saying to you (and anyone reading this) is think about it, ok?
Peace be upon you, brother.

Right cuz Jesus isnt the Father, but YHWH is made up of the Father the Son and the Spirit. Do you know what a Theophany is? If so how do you marry the fact that God who is Spirit who can not be seen, has appeared to mankind, even speaking face to face with Moses?

Can the Father be seen? How can people see God? You say YHWH is the Father, so how can people see YHWH?

When have I said Jesus is The Father? I say Jesus is God, He is the Creator, there is only one Creator, I say Jesus is Savior there is only one Savior, I say Jesus is King, there is only one King, no matter how you dice it Jesus is God the Son as He is equal to and has all the exact attributes of God. Either you must deny Jesus as Creator, Savior, King, or the other verses that say He is the exact express image of the Father (aka He is identical to the Father in power position and authority) or you must admit Jesus is God. Its one or the other...
All you have to do, is follow Jesus' instructions. Read what Christ said and then DO what Christ said. And keep at it and keep doing it. And don't give up. Just keep at it. Do that and more and more things will begin to make sense to you. That is all you have to do! Soon, you won't even want to go to church anymore. You won't because you will come to realise, that your real church is you. And you will begin to see things, and know things, like you never saw or knew them. It is something so amazing, and it is totally beyond being able to describe it. You begin to really understand what it means to love one another, and the future that would bring with it, if more people got it and started doing it. It would be truly wonderful, far beyond any words can describe it!

Ok so you have lost me here, are you trying to insinuate that Paul is quoting Psalm 97 in Hebrews 1?

Otherwise here is the Greek:

32 [e]
angelous
ἀγγέλους
angels
N-AMP
Trying to insinuate?
I think it is plain to see for anyone and is obvious, just by reading it that he was quoting from Psalm 97.
Its obviously the same verse.

You also have misquoted or mis interpreted verse 6, the word you have incarnate is:

4416 [e]
prōtotokon
πρωτότοκον ,
firstborn
Adj-AMS
To be correct it should be incarnated. "begotten" is a human term and is a misinterpretation.
God is a Spirit. Not a human.
That is why it rightly upsets the Muslims, because they know what it says about this issue in The Koran.
It is a fact that Mary gave birth to Jesus whilst still being a Virgin as it is also confirmed in The Koran.

The correct interpretation therefore, is incarnated, not "begotten" as the church wrongly translated it.

Also I dont follow how any of this has to do with the question I asked you, how can Moses see God? The Word that say LORD in the quote concerning Moses is:

11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

3068 [e]
Yah·weh
יְהוָ֤ה
the LORD
Noun

So YHWH spoke to Moses, please walk me through your logic again, I do not follow what you are trying to say...
YHWH spoke directly to Moses through Christ, Who (Christ) had come down and appeared to Moses as His Real (heavenly - Rev.12:7) Self - Prince Michael The Archangel.

That is why it says Christ is our The Lawgiver, Saviour and Judge.
Because YHWH (God The Father) has sent Him (Christ) to us, and is speaking to us through Christ, so that we may could physically see and hear Him speak (as well as being able to physically see His Example of how it is we all need to learn to be like and live, as Jesus demonstrated).

YHWH sent His Son (Prince Michael - Rev. 12:7 - The Archangel) - Christ - to come and talk to us, similar to how He sent Moses to Pharaoh (see Ex. 7:1 - and left this to us as an example in the Scriptures, so we may be able to understand it).

Because Jesus isnt the Father. Pretty simple, He is the Son who holds all the identical attributes of YHWH, He is Creator, Savior, King ect, as I have stated before Jesus must be God in order to possess these attributes. He is the visible manifestation of YHWH, He is who is always seen in the Old Testament, because The Father is Spirit and Spirit cant be seen by the natural eye.
Close to agreeing here! but there is still a difference.
Yes, Christ is Who we see appearing in the Old Testament. And speaks to us as the Voice of YHWH, because YHWH (his Father) is in Him and is speaking to us, through Him.
Like Christ explained about it, in the Gospel of John.
He said, YHWH his Father (and our Father) is IN Him.
He said YHWH, his God and our God is IN Him, not is him, and HE (YHWH) does the work.

Jesus was the human body (physical - born on the earth) that was used by Christ approx 2000 years ago.
Christ the Spirit-Being incarnated and used Jesus to be able to talk to us and show us The Way.

This is all explained, and in a much better way, in The Way home or face The Fire - By JAH.
http://thewayhomeorfacethefire.net

Otherwise explain Theophanies...

If you dont understand what I mean by Theophanies, here is the most blatant example of YHWH Himself appearing as a man to Abraham:

Gen 18:1 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

13 And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the Lord.

26 And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:

And to be crystal clear, everytime we read LORD in these verses it is the Word YHWH, every, single, time. So we have YHWH (who you say is ONLY the Father) manifesting Himself to Abraham as a man, speaking with Him, so please explain how we can say no one has ever seen God the Father face to face if we have Abraham literally speaking with Him face to face?
Because God said so, in The Bible, and it is written in the Gospel of John and 1 John.

Well I am sure there are many reasons why it was written, one is to establish the Jesus is the Son of God:

Matt 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

As for the last verse I will have to answer that when I have more time I wrote this while I have been at work and I am about to leave and that verse deserves more time than allows at the moment...
The Bible explains it to us.
If you throw out EVERYTHING you have learned in church, and forget all about it and start over.
Read it all again, by yourself, from the beginning and ask God to show you.
That might be the best advice for anyone, I think.

To end with, what I have done here is try to explain it as I have come to understand it at this time, being a student myself, hopefully without making too many mistakes.
However, I'm not the teacher.
I've also told you the source of the information, and where you can go to read and study more about it, if that happens to be your, or anyone's wish.
Peace, and God Bless.

Last edited:

llleopard

Established
If you could change it and make it just a meeting place where people could assemble and help and support one another and have discussions and meetings, and take away all of the "churchianity" aspects, it would be just a building and different story
I was brought up in fellowship with a group who don't really even have a name for themselves, although others labelled us Open Brethren. One of the things that distinguishes our fellowships all over the world is NOT having a 'One Man Ministry'. The fellowship is overseen by a group of 'elders' as close to the New Testament model as possible. Brethren are not perfect. However, they are also not unique. There are many places of Christian fellowship who do not have an 'umbrella' person or organisation dictating to them; but run as autonomous places of worship, fellowship, discussion and support. Just because one person or organisation is not running it, does not mean these kinds of gathering are just a social group in a building. We are the body of Christ. If you truly want fellowship with other believers, hunt them out.

Forever Light

Veteran
I was brought up in fellowship with a group who don't really even have a name for themselves, although others labelled us Open Brethren. One of the things that distinguishes our fellowships all over the world is NOT having a 'One Man Ministry'. The fellowship is overseen by a group of 'elders' as close to the New Testament model as possible. Brethren are not perfect. However, they are also not unique. There are many places of Christian fellowship who do not have an 'umbrella' person or organisation dictating to them; but run as autonomous places of worship, fellowship, discussion and support. Just because one person or organisation is not running it, does not mean these kinds of gathering are just a social group in a building. We are the body of Christ. If you truly want fellowship with other believers, hunt them out.
Thank you. Just read about the Open Brethren movements having had their beginnings in Ireland. It's interesting that they started out from Ireland, as Ireland (The "Isle of Destiny") also happens to be the place where Jeremiah (the Bible prophet) took Princess Teia Tephi (she was king Zedekiah's daughter) after the fall of Jerusalem in 588 B.C.

Jeremiah also brought with them, the Ark of The Covenant and Jacob's Pillar Stone that is known today as the "Stone of Destiny" and was buried in Ireland (at Cairn T, Loughcrew, located in County Meath). Princess Teia Tephi married the then High king of Ireland and became the queen of Ireland in 583 B.C. This is an extremely interesting and revealing part of the true history that not everyone knows about, but there are some people that do.

Last edited: