Would you date an ugly man?

morita

Veteran
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my dear.
I said objectcively unattractive, I'll post photos later.
My friend's boyfriend is objectively unattractive, she said it herself she wishes he would put more effort into looking presentable.:(

Cintra

Star
When you say ugly, do you mean the way they present themselves? Hair, clothes, and so on.

Or do you mean their face or body configuration?

justjess

Superstar
I’m really surprised to see this thread here...

If women want to be respected and appreciated for more then their physical looks and attributes that needs to be a mutual thing.

If for some reason my marriage did not work out, yes I’d date an “ugly” man. Who a person is, is more important then what a person looks like.

Aero

Superstar
People see what they want to see. So why does it matter? And sure maybe 99 out of 100 think a dude is ugly, but there's always that one person that will think they are hot.

morita

Veteran
When you say ugly, do you mean the way they present themselves? Hair, clothes, and so on.

Or do you mean their face or body configuration?
It's both. My friend's boyfriend doesn't workout, deosn't take care of himself, never went to a hair salon. I don't get it because my friend is a cute girl, but what you gonna do? He was a slob when she met him, he'll stay a slob...

morita

Veteran
I’m really surprised to see this thread here...

If women want to be respected and appreciated for more then their physical looks and attributes that needs to be a mutual thing
It's a place to have discussion, not everything has to be political. I wish people would actually read my op instead of answering the title.

And belive it or not, some women are for gender equality and still want to be objectified or admired for their looks; if we're talking about true gender equality there should be a seat at the table for these women.

justjess

Superstar
It's a place to have discussion, not everything has to be political. I wish people would actually read my op instead of answering the title.

And belive it or not, some women are for gender equality and still want to be objectified or admired for their looks; if we're talking about true gender equality there should be a seat at the table for these women.
I read your op. I answered your question. If I ever end up dating again, yeah I’d date an “ugly man”

So I read it and answered it and still found it shallow as all hell. I’m not sure you can argue you want to be treated as an equal and want to be objectified at the same time. That’s an oxymoron. And in the event that it isn’t you are reducing ALL PEOPLE to nothing more then the sum of their physical attributes which is a horribly vein shallow ridiculous way to look at life.

Todays society has huge problems with vanity, some people would even be willing to date someone who's troublesome but also appears beautiful, isn't that sad? Well for me, looks do not matter but if my soul mate willingly doesn't bother with brushing his hair or whatever, that would mean he's lazy as @halley said and I would have to encourage him to get out of laziness. As long as he has a good personality and is mature, all is well. Coming from a 15 year old here because I can't seem to find any other teenagers who think like me.

Awoken2

Superstar
I read your op. I answered your question. If I ever end up dating again, yeah I’d date an “ugly man”

So I read it and answered it and still found it shallow as all hell. I’m not sure you can argue you want to be treated as an equal and want to be objectified at the same time. That’s an oxymoron. And in the event that it isn’t you are reducing ALL PEOPLE to nothing more then the sum of their physical attributes which is a horribly vein shallow ridiculous way to look at life.
Do you think it may possibly be yet another thread designed to get the sexes squabbling?....I do....and it's a.piss poor effort also.

morita

Veteran
Who talked about reducing people to their physical appearance?
You can be attractive, put effort into your appearance, it doesn't mean you can't also be educated, and have other qualities etc; Imo the two aren't mutually exclusive.

It means he is lazy not ugly.
Dude is not even 25, already growin a muffin top, haven't shaved since forever and looks like a neanderthal...:confused:
I've met guys who weren't particularly attractive but they would at least work out to stay fit, and put effort into looking presentable. I didn't find them handsome but they weren't repulsive either.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Who talked about reducing people to their physical appearance?
You can be attractive, put effort into your appearance, it doesn't mean you can't also be educated, and have other qualities etc; Imo the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Dude is not even 25, already growin a muffin top, haven't shaved since forever and looks like a neanderthal, like he didn't shower for days...:confused:
I've met guys who weren't particularly attractive but they would at least work out to stay fit, and put effort into looking presentable. I didn't find them handsome but they weren't repulsive either.
If all those other qualities ONLY matter if a persons physically attractive - which is what your saying here, don’t be mistaken - then yeah that’s what you are reducing people to

Vixy

Star
But think about it. A guy with straight, symmetric facial features can be a complete scrub, unshaved, long haired and havent showered but he'll still be damn goodlooking. It's really all about a goodlooking face with an at least normal body.