Would You Date An Atheist?

Etagloc

Superstar
I think atheists are....... I don't hate them. But I refused to date a woman because she was atheist. I don't care what race someone is but I would not dateth an atheist.

Lurker

Star
I think atheists are....... I don't hate them. But I refused to date a woman because she was atheist. I don't care what race someone is but I would not dateth an atheist.
Dateth an atheist. Ha, that's funny. How about an agnostic or Wiccan or Jew or American Indian or Hindu, et cetera? We all have different beliefs.

JoChris

Superstar
Anyone who is even slightly serious about their religious faith should not get involved with an atheist. Take it from a wife of one!

No matter how well some atheists can "word-game" that Atheism is not a faith (blah blah blah) in practice it is one. It is a worldview and it shapes how they think and respond to every issue in their life. Many atheists still have a social conscience but what good they do is because their god - themself - is pleased by them doing good things.

Etagloc

Superstar
Dateth an atheist. Ha, that's funny. How about an agnostic or Wiccan or Jew or American Indian or Hindu, et cetera? We all have different beliefs.
Agnostic..... not sure. I'd have to very closely examine them. Maybe if they turn around. Okay then turn around again. Okay now lift the arms... hmmm...

Wiccan...... why not....

Jew.......... maybe. What if they try to get me to support Israeli foreign policy or take umbrage with my love for Palestine and they won't help me fight for the freedom of Palestine? What if they refuse to watch Tomorrow's Pioneers and mourn for Farfour with me? What if this leads to her telling me I have to sleep on the couch and me telling her "woman I pay for this house! You sleep on the couch!". Then she calls the police and says I cut off her arm. Then the police come and I say if I cut off one of her arms why does she have two arms? Then she says she's reptilian and grew it back. Then she flees in shame. Then I become an alcoholic. Then I become a homeless alcoholic. Then I become a homeless alcoholic who is stuck in the 1920's and everything goes to black and white..... just some things to consider.

Indian....... ya know, I am part Indian myself. My family is Catholic. Not all Indians practice indigenous religion. I don't even know if most do. I would never exclude someone because of their race!

Hindu.... sure why not?? Kinda cool I think...... oooooooh what if she has the beauty mark....... woaaaaaahhh......

Et Cetera..... most certainly not. Sounds like a cult if you ask me.

Etagloc

Superstar
Anyone who is even slightly serious about their religious faith should not get involved with an atheist. Take it from a wife of one!

No matter how well some atheists can "word-game" that Atheism is not a faith (blah blah blah) in practice it is one. It is a worldview and it shapes how they think and respond to every issue in their life. Many atheists still have a social conscience but what good they do is because their god - themself - is pleased by them doing good things.
Someone in my family married an atheist and I was and am extremely upset about this. They're both cool people but I do not want my little relatives raised by an atheist! We HAVE to believe in God!

Tatilina

Star
Not if it is a conflict of interest and you are a very spiritual person, then no. I think it would cause way too much tension in the relationship. My husband is a creator believer as he is native Aboriginal, we do quite well together since we are both believe being one with nature and mother earth and being intune with her. :)

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
What If an atheist comes into your life or you come into their life to improve it in some way, or to teach each other something?
That's the attitude I had.
I am exceptionally blessed. In most ways we are very well suited. However we see life and religion extremely differently. I feel like an important aspect of myself has to keep silent because conflict happens. And yes, it is possible to argue without words.

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
you sound like an evolution-believer! by jove!

You might think it's fun and games to dateth an atheist.

Then you get married and the baby comes out atheist and you have to send the baby to re-education camp.
Please explain how a child (new born) is going to be born an atheists....New borns have no idea what an atheists, christian or jew is. There is a difference here. Take for example a baby chimp...At birth it knows instinctively to fear things say a cobra...Human new borns have to be taught to fear, they have to be taught what is right and wrong....There fore unless the child is taught to be an atheists the likely hood of said child being one is nil....Its idiotic to think that just because a parent or parents are atheists that the child will be born an atheists.....You religious fanatics are all the same.....take off those rose colored glasses and see the world for what it is. A dog eat dog world where the only ones who get ahead are the politicians that con people into thinking they are there for the good of the people! My ass!

See religion for what it is, an excuse for having to die.....Its like health nuts, eat right, live healthy and die the hell anyway!

Etagloc

Superstar
I didn't know the Bible spoke about dating? I know the Bible says not to be unequally yoked. But dating is not being yoked. Sure if your intent in dating is to find a spouse then wisdom would say don't date an Aethist if you are a beleiver.
If y'all are serious it is to be yoked. And you cannot date without the intent of finding a spouse. It would be extremely unBiblical.

What are you going to do? Take her out to dinner so you can work your way up to holding hands with her? And then "not be looking for anything serious" so you take a long string of women out to dinner and work your up to holdings hands with them?

There is no point in dating without the intent of finding a spouse- not from a Biblical way of doing things. The hedonistic idea of dating a bunch of people just to date a bunch of people is absurd and makes no sense Biblically. It's just a pretense for fornication.

Etagloc

Superstar
What If an atheist comes into your life or you come into their life to improve it in some way, or to teach each other something?
Have you ever seen a discussion between an atheist and a Christian?

"you go against the Bible!"
"you go against Science!"

The only way they can get along is if they absolutely refuse to talk about religion. And then they'll both be resentful because they won't be able to say what they're thinking.

People have to accept that not everybody is meant to be friends with everybody. This has nothing to do with hatred or anything like that. If my coworker is an atheist, whatever. Of course I wish they shared my beliefs and I'm sure they'll probably wish I shared their beliefs. But it's not that big a deal if that's my coworker. I be like "yeah man..... the weather". They be like "yeah man..... the weather". Then things go fine.

But as Tanya said, if you are very spiritual and it's a clash... it is what it is.

You can't let just anyone in your "inner circle". Jesus had 12 disciples. He didn't just find random people. He had an inner circle of people he vibed with. You have those closest to you and you have your acquaintences. It has nothing to do with hatred. You can't let just anyone inside your house.

There's a really good movie called Viridiana about this. A very idealistic nun turns her house into a homeless shelter and then some guy has to save her from getting raped by one of the homeless people and it all becomes a disaster.

Be idealistic, as idealistic as you want to be. Never let go of your ideals. But you have to merge your ideals with practicality. Viridiana (the nun) had high ideals but she went about fulfilling them in a way that was not practical. We have to take reality into account. There is a whole natural law, a Tao that we have to abide by. It might sound good "let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya" but you take the West Coast liberal (because that is a West Coast mentality) who says that and you put them in a close relationship with a hardcore redneck Trump supporter...... either the liberal will have to lose their mental independence and adopt the redneck's way of thinking.... or the reverse.

Either way, this is not good. Regardless of whether or not we agree with someone, we have no right to violate another's mental integrity and try to colonize their mind.

There are levels of intimacy. You don't share your body with just anyone and it is like that with closeness in general.

Etagloc

Superstar
Please explain how a child (new born) is going to be born an atheists....New borns have no idea what an atheists, christian or jew is. There is a difference here. Take for example a baby chimp...At birth it knows instinctively to fear things say a cobra...Human new borns have to be taught to fear, they have to be taught what is right and wrong....There fore unless the child is taught to be an atheists the likely hood of said child being one is nil....Its idiotic to think that just because a parent or parents are atheists that the child will be born an atheists.....You religious fanatics are all the same.....take off those rose colored glasses and see the world for what it is. A dog eat dog world where the only ones who get ahead are the politicians that con people into thinking they are there for the good of the people! My ass!

See religion for what it is, an excuse for having to die.....Its like health nuts, eat right, live healthy and die the hell anyway!
It was a joke. It's not that serious.

"You religious fanatics are all the same"..... you sound like someone saying "you blacks are all the same" or "you *insert whatever group* are all the same". It is an extremely ignorant way of thinking.

Look at how intolerant you are. It is funny that I am portrayed as the intolerant one. I would not marry an atheist, true, but I also would not talk to an atheist that way.

I am not about hate as you seem to be. You can tell me more about how I'm a stupid religious believer and how we're all the same but I'm not like you and I'm not about hating people just because they disagree with me. I have a right to my own mind and opinions and I have a right to disagree with others but I'm not out to talk to them in hateful ways.

You can be included in the topic. I want you to be included. Since you are an atheist, for you the question can be "would you date a religious believer?"

I was a hardcore atheist for years. I know what it's like to be an atheist.

Perhaps you see yourself as more logical than religious believers. If that is how you see yourself then please show how logical you are by answering the question in a calm, logical way and not by spewing hate and "all you people are the same" type logic.