Would you date a broke man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aero

Superstar
I think the concept of being "broke" is a bit misleading. Basically someone can be poor, but not be overleveraged. And someone can be rich, and completely over-leveraged. In that sense, true wealth is measured by how much a person can spend on a day to day basis. Not by their yearly income.

If a dude makes 200k a year but spends 200k a year. That dude is "broke".

morita

Veteran
Hi guys hope everyone is well :)

Yes I have dated someone who was broke.I earned more than him too.He lost his job and I supported him throughout it all.I Paid rent,food well basically for everything.

He then found a new job and I thought things would get better but they actually got worse.He ended up finding a new girlfriend at his work place and stopped paying attention to me(Not engaging with me at all even though we were staying together) he got her pregnant too.Then one day when I got back from work he had packed everything and left me with an empty apartment:)

Dating a broke man comes with consequences but remember not all men are the same.Girls just be careful...
jeez, broke and disrespectful. A terrible combo.
I'm sorry he did this to you.

morita

Veteran
If a dude makes 200k a year but spends 200k a year. That dude is "broke".
ok but no one here said the opposite... whether soemone is broke because they have a shitty job, no job at all or because they aren't smart with their money, it's the same result...smh.

Last edited:

Bent8484

Established
ok but no one here said the opposite... whether soemone is broke because they have a shitty job, no job at all or because they aren't smart with their money, it's the same result...smh.
I think his point is just that someone who's responsible with money should be a better partner than someone who has a lot but who's wasteful. I'd tend to agree. I've known some hippie/punk couples that seemed pretty happy...they didn't have much, but they had just enough. The rest was just about sharing effort in finding resources... sharing tasks and responsibilities created a similar strain, even with money only minimally involved, so I think working well as a team towards shared goals and survival is what makes the difference. Anyway, I'm sure you realize money isn't the only resource, and it could apply to any other shared resources, but I think people are sticking to a money centric paradigm because of the word "broke" in the title. That was kinda my initial reaction too. (Don't tell that guy who thinks I'm a communist that I've hung out with people who lived in communes lol)

Aero

Superstar
You implied in your original question that a man should be "well off". As in, has a high yearly income. You didn't ask about dating someone who was "smart" with money.

Tidal

Star
Topic title- Would you date a broke man?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Or, from another angle, would a man date a broke woman?
Speaking personally I would without batting an eye, because my soppy protective instinct would kick in and I'd want to look after her. And if she was a bit fed up and lonely so much the better because my soppy instinct would then be firing on all cylinders..:)

morita

Veteran
You implied in your original question that a man should be "well off". As in, has a high yearly income. You didn't ask about dating someone who was "smart" with money.
Well, I figured people would be smart enough to know what the fuck broke means??! (maybe that was a mistake on my part). Everyone knows that if you waste all your damn money, it's gonna leave you broke, which is essentially what you said. So your comment wasn't some sort of huge revelation or anything...you're just arguing semantics.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
Unfortunately not in this day and age. The elite have made sure of that. Courtesy of the moneychangers.
It's always the elites fault tough. Men have always claimed to be the providers so they gotta deliver if they want to be resepected and taken seriously. Not being able to provide renders men obsolete.

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
It's always the elites fault tough. Men have always claimed to be the providers so they gotta deliver if they want to be resepected and taken seriously. Not being able to provide renders men obsolete.
Ahh this is the game you want to play. I'll bite. Let's start off with your hypocrisy. Not too long ago you were crying about the patriarchy and how men shouldn't be running society but yet you're here in this thread encouraging the patriarchy through men working and taking care of women. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick one.

Second, if it wasn't for the feminists falling hook, line, and sinker for the elites garbage in the 60s and adding surplus labour into the market perhaps you women would be able to stay home with men taking care of all the expenses. If all you can find are broke men than blame women for putting us in the situation we are now. Can't blame the elites for everything , right?

If women want men to be the providers women better stay home and be obedient to their husbands, right Morita?

Aero

Superstar
Well, I figured people would be smart enough to know what the fuck broke means??! (maybe that was a mistake on my part). Everyone knows that if you waste all your damn money, it's gonna leave you broke, which is essentially what you said. So your comment wasn't some sort of huge revelation or anything...you're just arguing semantics.
There's no semantics here; it's more like you are avoiding the more significant issue. People aren't that smart, and the word "broke" is pretty loaded, especially in the broader context of perception and sociology.

You can't honestly be implying that the average person looks at the vice president or CEO of a company and thinks, "well, he might be broke, we don't know." If you are, I can only say to get real. People are out there measuring success by what they see. Not the cold hard data that exists on a spreadsheet somewhere.

If you want to perpetuate shallow-minded stereotypes, go ahead. But I'm not signing off on that.

morita

Veteran
Not too long ago you were crying about the patriarchy and how men shouldn't be running society
I don't remember saying that but OK.
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick one.
Second, if it wasn't for the feminists falling hook, line, and sinker for the elites garbage in the 60s and adding surplus labour into the market perhaps you women would be able to stay home with men taking care of all the expenses. If all you can find are broke men than blame women for putting us in the situation we are now. Can't blame the elites for everything , right?
Actually women can have their cake and eat it too. Even high earning women can still find partners who make more than they do (the wage gap, anyone?). And, you seem to forget that women had no choice but to depend on men for financial securtiy because they couldn't enter the workforce. Feminists gave women more freedom, can't blame them for the fallout of a society that men (your brethren) designed.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I don't remember saying that but OK.
No need to lie and try to back paddle. Your hypocrisy is duly noted.

Actually women can have their cake and eat it too. Even high earning women can still find partners who make more than they do (the wage gap, anyone?). And, you seem to forget that women had no choice but to depend on men for financial securtiy because they couldn't enter the workforce. Feminists gave women more freedom, can't blame them for the fallout of a society that men (your brethren) designed.
Okay, if they can why are you complaining about women getting with broke men? If feminism gave you the freedoms that you wanted than move on and stop complaining about men. You are responsible for your own life. But if you still want to live a life where a man has to take care of you financially but can't because of the day and age we live in please direct your complaints to the feminists of the 60s. Surplus labour equals lower wages.

However if you're insisted on wanting a man to take care of you financially you'll have to bring something to the table. Nothing in this life is free.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Her sparkling personality?
If a woman wants a financially secure man which allows her to live freely and be taken care of financially than she better have the personality of an angel, be funny, look like a supermodel, and or etc. My point is it takes two and so if she's not providing the money she better be providing something else, which the man in question values.

Status
Not open for further replies.