Would you date a broke man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bent8484

Established
What a great pieces of advice here. You might be some kind of a genius.
Radfems are not taken seriously in academia, and barely tolerated in activist circles...if it's that hard to find an audience these days, that might explain why you're here antagonizing these nice people and assuming sinister power dynamics in every gender interaction.

You clearly believe that cooperative and equal relationships between people of different income classes are impossible. That viewpoint is not compatible with modern feminist theory, or my personal experience.

justjess

Superstar
A mans bank account does not and never has had any bearing on my willingness to date him.. Jesus that’s just kinda shallow. I was raised wealthy-ish, my husband was from the other side of the tracks. It never made a difference. Throughout twenty years there have been times I took the financial reigns and times he has. There is more to life then money. As long as your values and goals are in line and no one is lazy and unwilling to work for them I see no issue.

If you want a wealthy good looking man be prepared to get cheated on and treated like a servant. Also be prepared to bring similar level “qualifications” to the table (namely a hot body and a quiet mouth). Just saying.

Lisa

Superstar
We split all costs half half. The trick is to keep your costs low. The relative value of our savings has no effect on our daily lives. We both value experiences more than material goods, and we live a pretty modest lifestyle. You don't stay rich by spending money...
Sounds like you’ve found someone that values what you value.

Bent8484

Established
Sounds like you’ve found someone that values what you value.
I have, yeah. I realize that's rare... it's easy to be pessimistic about the possibility of it after a few bad experiences, though, I can understand that.

morita

Veteran
A mans bank account does not and never has had any bearing on my willingness to date him.. Jesus that’s just kinda shallow. I was raised wealthy-ish, my husband was from the other side of the tracks. It never made a difference. Throughout twenty years there have been times I took the financial reigns and times he has. There is more to life then money. As long as your values and goals are in line and no one is lazy and unwilling to work for them I see no issue.
Well some people aren't about that struggle life. And the point of being in a relationship is not to make your life harder, I don't think I'm the only woman who will actually make sure to find a man who has an actual job and a comfortable situation before engaging with them.
If you want a wealthy good looking man be prepared to get cheated on and treated like a servant. Also be prepared to bring similar level “qualifications” to the table (namely a hot body and a quiet mouth). Just saying.
Ok well, let's make one thing clear.
I said previously I wouldn't date an UGLY man, okay? That means exacty that. Some people are attractive, some are average. I dated men who were attractive, others who were above average, I never dated an UGLY man. Maybe you should actually read what's being said instead of assuming what other people are saying based on whatever preconceptions you have about them.
If we follow your logic, it seems like women have to date ugly, poor, fat men to not be treated like trash. Ridiculous.

Lisa

Superstar
I have, yeah. I realize that's rare... it's easy to be pessimistic about the possibility of it after a few bad experiences, though, I can understand that.
No doubt...but sounds like you’ve found a keeper.

justjess

Superstar
Well some people aren't about that struggle life. And the point of being in a relationship is not to make your life harder, I don't think I'm the only woman who will actually make sure to find a man who has an actual job and a comfortable situation before engaging with them.

Ok well, let's make one thing clear.
I said previously I wouldn't date an UGLY man, okay? That means exacty that. Some people are attractive, some are average. I dated men who were attractive, others who were above average, I never dated an UGLY man. Maybe you should actually read what's being said instead of assuming what other people are saying based on whatever preconceptions you have about them.
If we follow your logic, it seems like women have to date ugly, poor, fat men to not be treated like trash. Ridiculous.
You have made two threads: one about not dating ugly men, one about not dating men that aren’t wealthy. This is a conspiracy forum first of all so I don’t even understand the relevance of these thread to this site. Second, if you don’t want people making assumptions about your character maybe you shouldn’t portray your own character in such a bad light? I would hope that a potential partners character was more important than their looks or bank accounts. I mean.. that’s what women ask for isnt it? To be judged for who they are. Not their vaginas or bra size. Your entitled to have whatever standards you have but when you put them open for public comment... don’t be mad when you get what you get.

Lurker

Star
Every truly wealthy man I’ve ever known has wanted a quiet trophy wife. It is what it is. I’m too outspoken for that life.
I'll probably get in trouble for this comment. But a grudge match is in order. You v. my wife, Italian catholic v. Irish catholic. Who's more outspoken? lol

Lisa

Superstar
I'll probably get in trouble for this comment. But a grudge match is in order. You v. my wife, Italian catholic v. Irish catholic. Who's more outspoken? lol
My bet is on the Italian catholic..not that anyone was asking ;)

morita

Veteran
You have made two threads: one about not dating ugly men, one about not dating men that aren’t wealthy. This is a conspiracy forum first of all so I don’t even understand the relevance of these thread to this site.
There are threads about tons of topics here that have nothing to do with conspiracy theories.
Second, if you don’t want people making assumptions about your character maybe you shouldn’t portray your own character in such a bad light?
Portraying myself in a bad light?? I mostly speak about women's issues on here. That's it.
I mean.. that’s what women ask for isnt it? To be judged for who they are. Not their vaginas or bra size.
Because that's the criteria men judge you on? So men don't see women as anything more than a sex object?

justjess

Superstar
There are threads about tons of topics here that have nothing to do with conspiracy theories.

Portraying myself in a bad light?? I mostly speak about women's issues on here. That's it.

Because that's the criteria men judge you on? So men don't see women as anything more than a sex object?
For thousands of years for the most part yeah, that is what women were judged on. Their looks, their childbearing capabilities and for a certain class of men the size of their dowry’s. I mean women fought for how long to break free of that? And now you want to put men in the same box we broke out of? Doesn’t seem fair.

morita

Veteran
For thousands of years for the most part yeah, that is what women were judged on. Their looks, their childbearing capabilities and for a certain class of men the size of their dowry’s. I mean women fought for how long to break free of that? And now you want to put men in the same box we broke out of? Doesn’t seem fair.
Come one, you're not that stupid. You understand damn well how systemic oppression works. You know women don't have the power to systemically oppress men or objectify them. You want to keep believeing in your ideal world where men and women are equal because you're a sellout, period.
You've admitted yourself you prefere men to women, so you're probably one of these pickmes who care more about coddling male ego than anything.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
Can't be the trophy wife, and feminist.
Women should be valued for their minds more than their boobs.
You want respect in a "mans world" take the high road and use your mind, not your behind.
Not dating a broke man is not the equivalent of only dating a rich man. Anything more intelligent to add, Einstein?

Last edited:
Not dating a broke man is not the equivalent of only dating a rich man. Anything more intelligent to had, Einstein?
You put that in the title but that hasnt been what youve been talking about
Broke = destitute, bankrupt, no money. I assume you mean no ambition to change that as well
For the thread youve been talking about a woman making more than the man. Don't blame that poster for seeing that

Status
Not open for further replies.