Would You Buy A Alexa Or Not?

hyorishthottie

Established
Anyway Alexa could be used to put you in jail, your cellphone can do also. Porobably more likely as your phone can tell the authorities when and where you have been.
lmao. alexa can store EVERYTHING you say and god forbid if they make aelxa more advanced with some video capability it will record it to. where have you been does not mean shit opposed to if alexa catches you saying one wrong thing that could be used against you. let's say you and your mother don't get along, always argue, on and off, you two have a bad relationship. for whatever reason it gets to a point that you say threatening things to her or about her then she ends up dead. you don't think that your words won't be sent to the authorities as well?

everyone knows- it's common sense your phone WILL be used to put you in jail. nobody is saying it won't. it's as equally capable if not more capable of putting you in jail than your phone is. the common public who consumes alexa has the standard reaction like most people in this thread - looking at everything at face value instead of the details. it's not going to be black or white nor will it be a bold face simple explanation in one sentence for how it can be used against you. there is a system just like with phones. I don't see how you're mentioning phones as if I stated they don't pose a threat.

but us the public know all there is to know about the phones. alexa is a fairly new technology so we know the gist.

just like fit bits help throw murders in jail if a person who is being murdered is wearing one when it's on and it tracks and records the heart rate spike and flat line before the person dies. and that has happened. But in cases like that it helps families and saves lives. Alexa is capable of the same thing in the case of burglary, murder of a loved one, or a plot / heated argument recorded before a murder takes place.

alexa and cell phones can do the same things but alexa is wired to cater to your needs and needs to know about you fairly inside and out. a cell phone primary use at the core is just making phone calls period. if you have strong enough mentality or
don't follow society you can just use your phone for calls and nothing else. Sooner or later there will be a technology to analyze your usual voice pattern and every form of pitch, tonality, emotion and stressors in your voice through alexa that they will store and use - as well make new applications or features for our living.

case closed.

Todd

Star
Okay but my contention all along that is if you have a smartphone it can do anything Alexa can do. If you are afraid of Alexa, you should be afraid of your smart phone. The power behind Alexa isn’t in the little speaker in your living room. It’s what is connected to through the internet.

Unless you trust Apple, or makers of Android phones, sprint, AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile more than Amazon you fear of Alexa shouldn’t be any more than your fear of your smartphone.

Helioform

Star
Your smartphone also has an AI in it, Google Assistant for Android and Apple is working on an AI chip for their iPhones. So if you think Alexa is something special then you are mistaken. Alexa is more like a toy compared to modern smartphones.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Do
Your smartphone also has an AI in it, Google Assistant for Android and Apple is working on an AI chip for their iPhones. So if you think Alexa is something special then you are mistaken. Alexa is more like a toy compared to modern smartphones.
Do you know Petra the parrot? It surely is a toy to her. I'm on mobile and for a reason I can't paste links, search for Petra all lights on on youtube, so cute.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Cheaters and the sinister normalisation of our surveillance society
This article, while old (iam also tired of seeing RING ads), made me wonder if the average person’s protestations against gov’t surveillance are still legitimate, since it seems most have gotten in on the surveillance act with all the gadgets in their homes. For those against gov't surveillance but who, at the same time, keep pilling up surveillance gadgets to keep an eye on people in your everyday life, feel free to explain why.

ps: i used to watch the show quite a bit, back in the day.

DevaWolf

Veteran
Yeah, both are tools to monitor and control. Try talking about something you never talk about with your phone near, I can guarantee you'll see facebook adverts for it soon. Happened to me too many times to count. I'm currently slowing phasing out of social media because of this.

sickgirl15

Established
Recent news articles and video's online stating that the machine is infact connected with the cia.. and it's known that jeff bezo's the creator of amazon is infact linked with the cia! So The device is probably recording your every word more advanced than any other technological equipment, as it carries all your personal data address, mobile number, bank details, your shopping lists, appointments, likes dislikes basically all your information is stored onto it. I personally will not be buying one my family have done, Just wondering what others views are on this. Would you buy one if so why? if not why?

Helioform

Star
Yeah, both are tools to monitor and control. Try talking about something you never talk about with your phone near, I can guarantee you'll see facebook adverts for it soon. Happened to me too many times to count. I'm currently slowing phasing out of social media because of this.
You're right of course. FB is a plague I only use it to keep in touch with friends I know in real life. It even sends out friend requests without your permission. Most of social media is a tool of the devil where people live fake lives to try and collect likes and seek approval. Better use it in moderation or not at all.

polymoog

Superstar
Attention: Amazon Devices will Soon Automatically Share your Internet with Neighbors

2:45.

youve been officially warned.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Attention: Amazon Devices will Soon Automatically Share your Internet with Neighbors

2:45.

youve been officially warned.
I can't stand Amazon. Avoid like the plaque. I'll pay more to local buisness than give them a dime of my money.

Daze

Superstar
This is VCF.
This shouldn't even be a question lol.
The people who use Alexa remind me of a recent video where a couple discovered an iphone was taking there picture every 4 seconds with an infrared camera. When they found this they didn't seem at all deterred. For lack of a better word they seemed to be giddy about it.

I guess 1.6 billion have taken the vax. Maybe within 5 years a sizable chunk of this kind of humanity will be weeded out?

The Agrarian

Veteran
The people who use Alexa remind me of a recent video where a couple discovered an iphone was taking there picture every 4 seconds with an infrared camera. When they found this they didn't seem at all deterred. For lack of a better word they seemed to be giddy about it.

I guess 1.6 billion have taken the vax. Maybe within 5 years a sizable chunk of this kind of humanity will be weeded out?
At this point, anyone giddy about their near-constant techo-violation deserves what they paid for.

My only advice for us here is to stand tall and remind yourself of your own dignity.