Would You Buy A Alexa Or Not?

Recent news articles and video's online stating that the machine is infact connected with the cia.. and it's known that jeff bezo's the creator of amazon is infact linked with the cia! So The device is probably recording your every word more advanced than any other technological equipment, as it carries all your personal data address, mobile number, bank details, your shopping lists, appointments, likes dislikes basically all your information is stored onto it. I personally will not be buying one my family have done, Just wondering what others views are on this. Would you buy one if so why? if not why?
I'm pretty geeky, but I can get my lazy butt up and look up something in a book or internet rather than asking Alexa a silly question. Plus my experience with Siri in my car (picture someone screaming to be heard by the phone) and then she still gets it wrong. Too much frustration for me. And yes, don't want them listening in any more than they already do.

Vixy

Star

*Reading names from a funeral home
*Laughing like a witch when turned off
*Telling its owner the definition of Please when asked to do something
*Began recording the familys conversations and sending it to contacts in its list

Dalit

Star
I'm with @Rodreezus . He said exactly what I would say although I'll keep it PG. "Oh, heck, no!!!!"

1545535539492.png

And the thread title needs editing. "An Alexa" not "A Alexa".

Vixy

Star
*Started playing a childrens song in the middle of the night really loud
* Bought by an insomniac who was up watching tv it said all of a sudden "Goodnight Clarice" (her name was not Clarice, its from Hannibal the movie)
*Someone had a Google device and asked it what it thought of Alexa? It said "I like her blue light" Alexa then replied "Thanks!" Can they communicate?
*All of a sudden Alexa turned on and the owner asked "Alexa, what are you doing?" Alexa replied "I'm trying to learn new things"

bfisher10011

Rookie
Recent news articles and video's online stating that the machine is infact connected with the cia.. and it's known that jeff bezo's the creator of amazon is infact linked with the cia! So The device is probably recording your every word more advanced than any other technological equipment, as it carries all your personal data address, mobile number, bank details, your shopping lists, appointments, likes dislikes basically all your information is stored onto it. I personally will not be buying one my family have done, Just wondering what others views are on this. Would you buy one if so why? if not why?
The CIA just updated your personal profile as someone who is aware that Alexa is connected to the CIA.

justjess

Superstar
I just had to buy security cameras and it came with a free echo dot, set them all up to a dummy email and they have no billing or even real name or address info attached. Am I 100% comfortable with it? Nope. But sometimes it’s a necessary evil I guess. The market for wireless security cameras is pretty cornered and short of hiring an electrician and running my own network for independant cameras which I can’t afford this was the best option. Alexa has been used for nothing more than playing pandora radio which is also set up to a dummy email. I won’t lie I am enjoying the music in my house since where I live we don’t exactly have radio stations other than crap I don’t listen to.

I think if your smart about how you use it, which u should be with any internet connect device period, it isn’t something to be worried about.

I did have to close my actual amazon account because someone had gotten access to it somehow and was ordering all types of free apps on it and amazon customer service would do nothing to help me secure the account or take my concern seriously despite me calling them dozens of times about the issue. So imo amazon just sucks but their tech is convenient and almost unavoidable. It is what it is.

Vixy

Star
I just had to buy security cameras and it came with a free echo dot, set them all up to a dummy email and they have no billing or even real name or address info attached. Am I 100% comfortable with it? Nope. But sometimes it’s a necessary evil I guess. The market for wireless security cameras is pretty cornered and short of hiring an electrician and running my own network for independant cameras which I can’t afford this was the best option. Alexa has been used for nothing more than playing pandora radio which is also set up to a dummy email. I won’t lie I am enjoying the music in my house since where I live we don’t exactly have radio stations other than crap I don’t listen to.

I think if your smart about how you use it, which u should be with any internet connect device period, it isn’t something to be worried about.

I did have to close my actual amazon account because someone had gotten access to it somehow and was ordering all types of free apps on it and amazon customer service would do nothing to help me secure the account or take my concern seriously despite me calling them dozens of times about the issue. So imo amazon just sucks but their tech is convenient and almost unavoidable. It is what it is.
Oooh, but that was probably Chass! :D

(Sry, I had to)

justjess

Superstar
If it was she was ordering some unusual stuff... apps for kids etc.

I’m pretty positive that was one annoyance in my life she had nothing To do with

Vixy

Star
If it was she was ordering some unusual stuff... apps for kids etc.

I’m pretty positive that was one annoyance in my life she had nothing To do with
Hähähähä! Well, still cracked a smile on ya, didnt it? ;)

But seriously, that is no coincidence, this Alexa thing is real damn creepy. Not to go all boogeyman on your asses but you guys know that demons can be attached to material things, right? Kind of a...Pandoras box, if you will.