Would you approve of your son/daughter marrying an atheist?

Etagloc

Superstar

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
Most likely i would, depends what kind of person that atheist is. My kid would not listen to any clever advices anyway, genes :D Damn i would love to have one now, what looked like a nightmare 10 years ago now looks like a dream...

Dalit

Star
2 Corinthians 6:14 (NASB)
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

cfowen

Established
I would hate it but it wouldn't be nearly as bad as her marrying a devout Muslim, Hindu, Mormon, or Catholic, in that order. Atheists can change.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
If I had a son or daughter and they married an atheist, I wouldn’t mind as long as they married a good and kind person... same for anything else. They would be an adult when they got married so I really would have no right to prevent them from marrying anyone in the first place.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Payback for what exactly chassidy?

I don’t stalk you. I don’t harass you. (That’s what YOU do to me) 95% of the time you show back up here I do not engage you at all. You were banned of your own accord, not my fault. So what is the payback for? Some sort of delusional fucking fantasy you made up in your own head is all I can think of.

Enjoy your night chassidy and what little remaining time you have left here. I’m good and while u seem to think You airing my dirty laundry here is some kind of major win, I hate to break it to you but it is not. I’ve always been an open book and I’m not ashamed or embarrassed about any single part of my life - including this messy episode - at all.

The man in that picture is a good man with a huge heart, a loving husband and father to our TWO beautiful children, a hard worker and a beautiful soul. I am grateful for every single minute I’ve spent with him even if we’ve gone through some shit or continue to go through some shit. Your ugly vindictive shit doesn’t change that and if anyone here thinks less of me because of it, so be it. Don’t care.

I’m only even engaging with u at all because that picture shocked me since I hadn’t even seen it or known it was posted. You caught me off guard, end of story.

If it brings some small amount of happiness to your empty lonely miserable life, I’m glad for it actually.

Etagloc

Superstar
@Shawna I'm not taking sides here

however, I do wonder your opinion- would you be cool with your son/daughter marrying an atheist?

Etagloc

Superstar
Isaiah 45:9-10 NIV

9“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker,
those who are nothing but potsherds
among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
‘What are you making?’
Does your work say,
‘The potter has no hands’?
10Woe to the one who says to a father,
‘What have you begotten?’
or to a mother,
‘What have you brought to birth?’

That’s my biggest issue right there, always quarreling with him.....and no matter how much I quarrel or disagree with God’s ways, it won’t change my attitude towards those who still disbelieve, so no I definitely would not be okay allowing my daughter/son to date an atheist.

If I had a son/daughter and they wanted to date an atheist, I tell her to go get a JOB, get your own place, and then you can date whomever you like! Just not under my roof.

;-)
Very intelligent post : )

I have no idea what the thing with just jess is about and I am not taking sides.... however, if the thing with her gets you banned or whatever... I do hope you don't get yourself banned- that way you can enrich the discussions here by giving your takes on topics.

You are a very intelligent woman and have interesting things to say.

Maes17

Superstar
I cant say I would approve.
Marriage has a sacred religious God made man/woman union.
What does an athiest think of those values? Probably nothing. Unless she has a heart of gold or something

TonyVanDam

Established
If I had a son and/or a daughter, I would not be a fan of either one of them marrying an atheist OR a theist. But if they are adults, they will have their Freedom of Choice to marry whoever they want to spend to rest of their adult lives with.