Would a ban on all public religious representations and displays ease religious hatreds and violence?

The Catholic church became very evil, there is good reason why Protestants called the Pope the antiChrist.
You know that already though, and us regulars know you know that already.

One thing USA did right was keeping church and state (and assume legal system?) separate. Weren't your laws still influenced by Christian values? Aren't your laws very different to non- Christian countries?
America was the first enlightenment country and I would argue that is where our laws were primarily influenced from.

As I said above I think the ethical doctrine of Christ is wonderful and quite valuable, set aside from cultural norms at the tim and the supernatural silliness that arose as he was deified.

Wigi

Veteran
I would argue though that humanists originated from the enlightenment probably starting with Baruch Spinoza.
Well, Erasmus was humanist back in the 16th century.

That being said, I think it's a bit far fetched when non-religious people pretend to care about the conditions of women when many of those I've met in real life don't have moral objection against polyamorous/polygamous relationships, nor problems to call them female dog (to be polite) and see 'women liberation' as a way to get 'chicks' more easily.

In my opinion, the problem that non-religious people have with religious women has everything to do with sexual purity.

So guys, you don't need to feel sorry for women who want to please God rather than men.

That being said, I think it's a bit far fetched when non-religious people pretend to care about the conditions of women when many of those I've met in real life don't have moral objection against polyamorous/polygamous relationships, nor problems to call them female dog (to be polite) and see 'women liberation' as a way to get 'chicks' more easily.

In my opinion, the problem that non-religious people have with religious women has everything to do with sexual purity.

So guys, you don't need to feel sorry for women who want to please God rather than men.
Well you can trace it back as far as Cicero and Confucianism has elements that would be considered humanist so I don’t think it’s accurate at all to state that it started with Christians

Why would I object to polyamorous relationships? As long as everyone is consenting it’s not by business.

I don’t think women’s liberation makes it “easier to get chicks” however it does give women agency to choose their partners.

Why should they please God or men? They now can choose their own life path and I think it’s great.

justjess

Superstar

I’m a woman. What’s far fetched about that?

Paul. You asked for New Testament and I give you Paul. You can tell me those letters are out of context or only meant for a specific time and people.. and I will tell you that if that was the case they had no business being incorporated into the official religious manuscript to be used for the rest of eternity.

elsbet

Superstar
Leviticus 19:20-22 teaches us that a man can r*pe his female slaves and be forgiven, though the slave must be punished.
FALSE.

Likewise, Deuteronomy 22:28-29 reminds us that a man can r*pe a virgin, though he must marry her, and also pay her father 50 shekels.
Ehh.. he's responsible for her for the rest of her life, if she's not betrothed.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
Deuteronomy 22:28-29.--SEDUCTION
Some use the term Seduce-- probably based on the latter part of they verse ".. if they are discovered or caught in the act "

You should read this yourself, instead of gleaning from half-assed articles and out of context verses.

Thanks for this.

I agree that banning the various head gear is an infringement on freedom, but I also see that in many cases, Muslim men are forcing women to wear them and for health and security in our panopticon world, it is better to infringe to have them off.

Regards
DL
So you think it is okay to infringe on a person’s God-given AND Constitutional RIGHT to FREEDOM of Religion by assigning a dress code??

Who the Hell do you think you are?

And how do you know every woman in a hijab is being “forced” by a man to wear it??!

What if she CHOOSES to wear it to comply with the religion she believes in?

Who are you to say she can’t?

She isn’t harming anyone by wearing a hijab, she isn’t running around naked & you cannot ASSUME she is being forced into anything, and even if her husband or father did purchase her clothing, it’s none of your business.

You atheists pretend to care about freedom but your Communist mindset reveals that you really want to eradicate religion altogether.

If people don’t share your views on humanistic atheism you would rather force it on us through legislation?

That is absurd & unacceptable.

This is confirmation that open atheism should not be tolerated. You let the atheists have this, have that..... next they're calling to oppress everyone who isn't of their sect. This is what society gets in exchange for tolerating atheists and this is where it will lead, so now I know open atheism shouldn't be tolerated.

This is confirmation that Islam should not be tolerated, when left unchecked they behead people, torture women and political dissidents and blow themselves up at bus stops, r*pe children ( like your p***phile prophet, Mohammad was a child raping warlord ) and can only achieve their aims through force.

All of the Abrahamic religions are a cancer but Islam is by far the worst.

DavidSon

Star
This is confirmation that Islam should not be tolerated, when left unchecked they behead people, torture women and political dissidents and blow themselves up at bus stops, r*pe children ( like your p***phile prophet, Mohammad was a child raping warlord ) and can only achieve their aims through force.

All of the Abrahamic religions are a cancer but Islam is by far the worst.
Little emotional? This is why people shouldn't drink and text. :D

DavidSon

Star
This is the truth, there is no emotion here. Right wing fucks like toothpaste are the ones who can’t control their emotions.

You and I know both know what Johnny Jihadi is,
I've been around a few months and find we have a lot of similar beliefs. It's funny in different ways, depending on the topic, we all do.

I think the main debate we have (that I've commented about before) is your complete hatred for religion. Word history is rife with genocide and slaughter since we can remember, but you have an infatuation with pinning the crimes of humanity on Judeo-Christianity and Islam. All nations of the ancient world kept slaves, raped their enemies, etc. As I've said, the Mosaic law (for their people) was actually an upgrade to Hammurabi's Code. I won't go into ancient Greek lifestyle or the atrocities of WW2. It seems like your problem is with humanity in general?

Do you loathe Native American beliefs this much? My guess is if they were the dominant view of the majority you probably would be rebelling against the water spirit and corn goddess as vehemently. It doesn't bother me that you are more of a "rebel". I have compassion for people that don't have a natural, easy connection to what is called the Almighty, or Creator, (or common inherited religious traditions) but you've got to come to grips that you are the outlier. Christian and Muslim make up over 4 Billion people, over 1/2 the world's population. How can you hate the majority of human being we're supposedly fighting for?

You're portrayal of Islam is exaggerated and misleading. It actually sounds like a Muslim describing the Saudi/CIA funded jihadists.

One last thing: Religion isn't the opiate of the masses, oxycontin is!

I've been around a few months and find we have a lot of similar beliefs. It's funny in different ways, depending on the topic, we all do.

I think the main debate we have (that I've commented about before) is your complete hatred for religion. Word history is rife with genocide and slaughter since we can remember, but you have an infatuation with pinning the crimes of humanity on Judeo-Christianity and Islam. All nations of the ancient world kept slaves, raped their enemies, etc. As I've said, the Mosaic law (for their people) was actually an upgrade to Hammurabi's Code. I won't go into ancient Greek lifestyle or the atrocities of WW2. It seems like your problem is with humanity in general?

Do you loathe Native American beliefs this much? My guess is if they were the dominant view of the majority you probably would be rebelling against the water spirit and corn goddess as vehemently. It doesn't bother me that you are more of a "rebel". I have compassion for people that don't have a natural, easy connection to what is called the Almighty, or Creator, (or common inherited religious traditions) but you've got to come to grips that you are the outlier. Christian and Muslim make up over 4 Billion people, over 1/2 the world's population. How can you hate the majority of human being we're supposedly fighting for?

You're portrayal of Islam is exaggerated and misleading. It actually sounds like a Muslim describing the Saudi/CIA funded jihadists.

One last thing: Religion isn't the opiate of the masses, oxycontin is!
I don’t deal with hypotheticals and I doubt the corn goddess would produce such a loathsome creature as toothpaste.

“You singin' hymns in church, I'm lookin' for the her's
In 66 books in the Bible, they ain't let a lady say one word”

- Ab Soul
I see it as all a part of the misogyny that Christians and Muslins are known for.

They have systematically tried to write whatever women have contributed right out of the holy books.

The immoral men like to forget that women do the male child rearing in most families until the men start teaching their boys how to discriminate and denigrate women and gays without a just cause the way they do.

I will respect that when it snows in hell.

Regards
DL

Then what? you'll wish death to all males because everything including science has been used to justify Misogyny ?
Wishing death is a religionist tactic as evidence by their quick use of inquisitions and jihads.
So no, I do not recommend that non-theists or thists like me use your religions tactics.
Moral people are above that.

My with is that men like you not discriminate and denigrate without a just cause, as you continue to do.

Regards
DL

That is not in the 10 Commandments-- women as a possession of men. Thanking God for not being a woman is not in the Torah-- maybe the Babylonian talmud, but that is not biblical.
Where in your commandments are women spoken of and where in the same commandments are a man's possession spoken of?

The same G D commandment. Are you blind or just not too bright?

Regards
DL

Harsh rules and nregulations in Old Testament were not moral commandments, they were legal ones.
Legal rulers are not moral to you.

Are you saying you would follow the law even if it was not moral?

Are your god's laws more important to you than your morals?

If so, holy fuck, religions are more harmful to the mind than I thought.

Regards
DL

One thing USA did right was keeping church and state (and assume legal system?) separate. Weren't your laws still influenced by Christian values? Aren't your laws very different to non- Christian countries?
While having a faith test for all politicians which negates what you put.

Your laws basically mimic what other countries had as no Christian law is authentic and new as all of scriptures have been plagiarized from the Jewish holy books which were based on the views of Sumer and Egypt.

That is why there is nothing new or unique in your bible.

Hell, there were about six other saviors born of virgins before Jesus.

That is likely why your own bible tell you that if you want to perfect your wisdom you have to ignore your own dogma.

You might want to follow your bible's advice in this one issue while ignoring what has corrupted your moral sense.

Regards
DL

Last edited:
“So you think it is okay to infringe on a person’s God-given AND Constitutional RIGHT to FREEDOM of Religion by assigning a dress code??”

No. That is why I do not like religions that impose a dress code against their women.
That is also why I would free women from that imposition by individuals and use state laws to reverse it.

“ Who the Hell do you think you are?

In this case, a person giving women more freedom. You seem to support the vile religious men who would reduce that freedom for women.

“ And how do you know every woman in a hijab is being “forced” by a man to wear it??!”

I do not and I am sure that some cowed women do. Too bad for those poor brainwashed women.

“What if she CHOOSES to wear it to comply with the religion she believes in?

Then she is stupid as her own religion says that it has nothing compulsive in it. Who are you to say she can’t?
Who are you to say she can be forced to wear what her husband forces her to wear?

“She isn’t harming anyone by wearing a hijab, she isn’t running around naked & you cannot ASSUME she is being forced into anything, and even if her husband or father did purchase her clothing, it’s none of your business.”

Yes it is because for evil to grow, all I need do is take your position. If you do not see the harm of public one-upmanship then you are a dim bulb.
It is the state’s business when it incites violence against her by those who do not like signs of slavery in their free countries.

“You atheists pretend to care about freedom but your Communist mindset reveals that you really want to eradicate religion altogether.”

Don’t use stupid labels you do not even understand or define as I do. I am a Gnostic Christian and you are stupid.

“If people don’t share your views on humanistic atheism you would rather force it on us through legislation?
That is absurd & unacceptable.”

Better through legislation than by the inquisitions and jihads that your type seems to prefer.

Regards
DL