Would a ban on all public religious representations and displays ease religious hatreds and violence?

Would a ban on all public religious representations and displays ease religious hatreds and violence?

We have to end inquisitions and jihads of all kinds, including the less lethal ones like homophobia and misogyny.

Some secular governments, led by the French of France and Quebec, are implementing bans on all religious iconography prayers and emblems and religious displays so as to ease religious tensions and violence. They call it laïcité, which translates to secularism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laïcité

The general secular population seems to dislike the one-upmanship that the religious practice on other religions, as well as those who do not follow a religion; even though statistics show that the less religion in a nation, the more peaceful and law abiding it is. Conversely, if we look at the Christian nation of the U.S., as an example; we see perhaps the least peaceful and law abiding nation on earth. This last aside, an example of this one-upmanship, would be Christian signage that tells us to turn to Jesus or be condemned and Muslim head gear and face covering that say that the wearer is more chastely than those who do not cover their heads and bodies.

Jesus said that we should pray in private so as not to be seen as trying to outdo each other in chastity, righteousness and other one-upmanship adjectives that you might think of. Yet most who say they respect Jesus do not follow his teachings of remaining private and insist on public displays of their perceived insult to others not of their brand.

I see the secular world as following Jesus’ advice on this while the so called religious ignore Jesus.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

yeah religion has no place in public, I’m ok with head coverings as I think banning that is an infringement on freedom

Absolutely though, the more religious a country the worse it is, see virtually every Muslim nation and as you said the US is a hyper-violent lawless empire and is behind Canada, Europe and Australia in almost every metric.

Also yes, prayer and worship is supposed to be s private matter but it’s always about showing off. It’s a way to make oneself feel superior over others.

5220B676-3E80-4A08-93C3-26260D6B7535.jpeg

Etagloc

Superstar
This is confirmation that open atheism should not be tolerated. You let the atheists have this, have that..... next they're calling to oppress everyone who isn't of their sect. This is what society gets in exchange for tolerating atheists and this is where it will lead, so now I know open atheism shouldn't be tolerated.

yeah religion has no place in public, I’m ok with head coverings as I think banning that is an infringement on freedom

Absolutely though, the more religious a country the worse it is, see virtually every Muslim nation and as you said the US is a hyper-violent lawless empire and is behind Canada, Europe and Australia in almost every metric.

Also yes, prayer and worship is supposed to be s private matter but it’s always about showing off. It’s a way to make oneself feel superior over others.

View attachment 21407
Thanks for this.

I agree that banning the various head gear is an infringement on freedom, but I also see that in many cases, Muslim men are forcing women to wear them and for health and security in our panopticon world, it is better to infringe to have them off.

Regards
DL

Etagloc

Superstar
I have seen this over and over again from atheists. You tolerate atheists, you let them get a little uppity and the next thing you know they're trying to oppress the normal people.

Thanks for this.

I agree that banning the various head gear is an infringement on freedom, but I also see that in many cases, Muslim men are forcing women to wear them and for health and security in our panopticon world, it is better to infringe to have them off.

Regards
DL

That is true, the misogyny of Islam exceeds that of even Judaism or Christianity. It’s a tricky subject.

Etagloc

Superstar
and "Gnostic," you are not only guilty of being an atheist...... but you're also guilty of being extremely pretentious and masking your straight-up atheism in fancy verbiage rather than simply being direct about what you believe

This is confirmation that open atheism should not be ted. You let the atheists have this, have that..... next they're calling to oppress everyone who isn't of their sect. This is what society gets in exchange for tolerating atheists and this is where it will lead, so now I know open atheism shouldn't be tolerated.
Some Muslim countries are making atheism illegal.

Would you like to live in a theocracy, given that the less religiocity a nation has, the more peaceful and law abiding it is?

What religion are you affiliated with?

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
I don’t think so, there’s always gonna be someone that is mad they can’t put their stuff out and there will always be some religion that gets a pass.

Wigi

Veteran
Some secular governments, led by the French of France and Quebec, are implementing bans on all religious iconography prayers and emblems and religious displays so as to ease religious tensions and violence. They call it laïcité, which translates to secularism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laïcité
It's not the goal of Laïcité at all. It's just a constitutional separation of state and church and there is a growing problem with Laicite in France nowadays because religiosity increase a lot, which is inevitable when you open the gates of immigration.

A growing number of persons aren't willing to respect Laïcité anymore because of those who confuse separation of state and church with state agnosticism/atheism.

Lisa

Superstar
Not if the law is well written. I sounds like you do not trust the law where you live.

Those who are mad can break the law and get arrested for it. Right?

Regards
DL
I had islam more in mind when I wrote it. Whereas they would have laws against say “Christian” displays but allow islamic ones.

I had islam more in mind when I wrote it. Whereas they would have laws against say “Christian” displays but allow islamic ones.
To my knowledge their law pertains to all religions, although it may have been the Muslim, murderous habits and discrimination against women and gays, much like Christianity does, that prompted France to try to protect it's people from all such vile religions that refuse to allow equality for all people.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
To my knowledge their law pertains to all religions, although it may have been the Muslim, murderous habits and discrimination against women and gays, much like Christianity does, that prompted France to try to protect it's people from all such vile religions that refuse to allow equality for all people.

Regards
DL
Jesus never discriminated against women. He was kind to them when He was on earth. And homosexuality is an abomination to God but they can still come to Him through Jesus, same as everyone. God doesn’t tell them to kill either women or homosexuals because He actually does want people to come to him and be saved.

Is that why France has many muslims now, they are going to protect their people by inviting muslims to live in France?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Perhaps you might recognize that they are not a democracy nor a secular state.

Then again, you knew that and just want to look the fool it seems.

Regards
DL
I remember watching my dog chew a nylabone once and wonder why it bothered as it got no value out of it!

3E452BEF-557F-4667-A9A9-F8ACAC7ECFBD.jpeg

I could use my time talking with you about this sort of stuff, or talk with other people who have not given themselves over to darkness.

Continuing to do the same thing and expect different results would make me a fool @Gnostic Christian Bishop

Au revoir