Work, Job, Money, Finance, Business, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, General Economics, and GLOBAL ECONOMY

e-Enoch

Superstar
"BRICS New Development Bank breaks away from US dollar"

e-Enoch

Superstar
"Credit Suisse faced 'bank run', depositors withdrew $68 billion ahead of UBS takeover"

e-Enoch

Superstar
Bank of England economist to the people of UK: "You should accept that you are poorer now..."

clambot

Veteran
Sorry to hijack your thread, Boss, but I wasn't sure where to put the following, my diatribe concerning certain youth who dared enter my domain today. As background, my widdle nephew (who is 50 now I think) is gracing The Elder One with his presence this week (the Elder One lives in my house; the nephew used to live here until I kicked his lazy butt to the curb. He now lives in California, but The Elder One in her ancient wisdom decided that this is actually a hotel and is open to all and serviced by me.)

ANYWAY, widdle nephew also has a girl child (20 now I think) who lives with her boyfriend, and that is who appeared at the door today in all his tattooed glory. Apparently he is the chauffer to their little clan, and he came to whisk away the visitor. Good riddance. But this is the sad tale of woe that the tattooed child related:

The Big Bad Meanies at his "job" made him work the night shift, even though he TOLD them OVER AND OVER that NO, he CANNOT work the night shift. I guess that's when he's scheduled for tattooing instead. WELL he just HAD to quit because I mean, he has RIGHTS and all, ya dig me? His girlfriend also continually groans and moans about the HORRIBLE TORTURE she has to endure at that MEAN OLD JOB. I mean, they expect her to be NICE to those stupid old people customers, I mean, like, why can't they shop ON LINE like NORMAL people?? Now they're moaning about the AUDACITY of having to go work at Starbucks, man, I mean, like, they should pay us AT LEAST FIFTY DOLLARS AN HOUR MAN I mean, like, we're giving up our FREEdom like and stuff and we don't even DRINK coffee man, like, ITS NOT FAIR Dude and they even make us work in the morning, like, instead of sleeping off all the weed we smoke.

What a tale of woe. Are these the "post-millenials"? Is that the name of the generation that just graduated high school? Good God what a shit show. Unbelievable entitlement. Just unbelievable.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Sorry to hijack your thread, Boss, but I wasn't sure where to put the following, my diatribe concerning certain youth who dared enter my domain today. As background, my widdle nephew (who is 50 now I think) is gracing The Elder One with his presence this week (the Elder One lives in my house; the nephew used to live here until I kicked his lazy butt to the curb. He now lives in California, but The Elder One in her ancient wisdom decided that this is actually a hotel and is open to all and serviced by me.)

ANYWAY, widdle nephew also has a girl child (20 now I think) who lives with her boyfriend, and that is who appeared at the door today in all his tattooed glory. Apparently he is the chauffer to their little clan, and he came to whisk away the visitor. Good riddance. But this is the sad tale of woe that the tattooed child related:

The Big Bad Meanies at his "job" made him work the night shift, even though he TOLD them OVER AND OVER that NO, he CANNOT work the night shift. I guess that's when he's scheduled for tattooing instead. WELL he just HAD to quit because I mean, he has RIGHTS and all, ya dig me? His girlfriend also continually groans and moans about the HORRIBLE TORTURE she has to endure at that MEAN OLD JOB. I mean, they expect her to be NICE to those stupid old people customers, I mean, like, why can't they shop ON LINE like NORMAL people?? Now they're moaning about the AUDACITY of having to go work at Starbucks, man, I mean, like, they should pay us AT LEAST FIFTY DOLLARS AN HOUR MAN I mean, like, we're giving up our FREEdom like and stuff and we don't even DRINK coffee man, like, ITS NOT FAIR Dude and they even make us work in the morning, like, instead of sleeping off all the weed we smoke.

What a tale of woe. Are these the "post-millenials"? Is that the name of the generation that just graduated high school? Good God what a shit show. Unbelievable entitlement. Just unbelievable.
Hey, welcome to the thread. The Gen Z or "zoomers" are those born from 1997-2009...the oldest of them would be 26... the current gen is called Alpha, born in 2010...that makes the oldest of them only 13 y/o.

Well, the "millenials" are definitely "self-entitled" and loves blaming the "boomers" for what they lack in life...lol!

For "zoomers," it's not much about "entitlement" but more about "getting their money's worth..." in a ranting/complaining manner... This is the most "insecure" generation who are "super anxious" about money, livelihood, and life as a whole...Many of them would rather live alone than get married and have kids...However, they are more liberal-thinking when it comes to "coital relationships..." lol

I think one of the "redeeming" values of the zoomers, is that they really, really want to earn money for themselves...and live a practical life...Unlike the millenials who are filled with "idealisms" while they continue to live in their parents' basement... Haha!