Work, Job, Money, Finance, Business, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, General Economics, and GLOBAL ECONOMY

polymoog

Superstar
open question to anyone:

is anyone having big problems finding decent help in their industry? this seems to be the worst year ever for small business, at least-- inflation, with price increases every few weeks, product shortages and backorders, fuel costs, and as i mentioned before, no one seems to want to work. the few that do (20-somethings) generally have a poor work ethic and arent interesting in working longer hours for extra pay.

Daze

Superstar
open question to anyone:

is anyone having big problems finding decent help in their industry? this seems to be the worst year ever for small business, at least-- inflation, with price increases every few weeks, product shortages and backorders, fuel costs, and as i mentioned before, no one seems to want to work. the few that do (20-somethings) generally have a poor work ethic and arent interesting in working longer hours for extra pay.
I can't speak for others but my industry is going strong. Theres enough work here to go 24/7.

New help has always been shoddy though, especially in my area where the majority are illegal. Plus the trade naturally takes time to learn and 8000 man hours need logged under a master to apply for a journeyman. Which is good i suppose since it does generate a higher pay rate for skilled workers. It is easy to replace nearly all trades, framers, masons, drywallers and so on. But electrical trade takes knowledge and if you don't have it, you won't last long. Its very dangerous work and the 3rd most deadly in the US. First being Lumberjacks and 2nd being Firefighters.

While the future will see many jobs replaced by automation, my job is safe for a bit God willing.

polymoog

Superstar
I can't speak for others but my industry is going strong. Theres enough work here to go 24/7.
oh, i am not complaining about work-- theres PLENTY of work. but in my field, there seems to be no one to do it. and the workers arent nearly as tough as they used to be.

there will always be repair work in any field.

Daze

Superstar
oh, i am not complaining about work-- theres PLENTY of work. but in my field, there seems to be no one to do it. and the workers arent nearly as tough as they used to be.

there will always be repair work in any field.
Maybe it has something to do with the gaming generation? Only Jobs kids want today are those that pay to play games, like a famous youtuber or something. Pewdewpie is it?

Idk, its probably like this old poem.

Hard times create strong men,
Strong men create good times,
Good times create weak men,
Weak men create hard times.

Generation X, Y and Zed, or whatever you want to call them, have had it easy for the past 20 years. Ice cold water at the turn of the tap, a hot meal at your nearest fast food joint. Literally everything has been handed to them.

Now we got hard times and weak men. It certainly doesn't help with all the garbage and pharmaceuticals in the water raising estrogen and killing off testosterone levels. But i can't highlight this.... because its hate speech. Just look at my thread showing men how to raise their own testosterone. Clearly i am a misogynist... /s

Daze

Superstar
But how can you tell if you are debating with a bot or not? Some of these chat bots have got real charisma you know....compared to some posters here anyway.

29 topics in four threads is pushing it a bit. I have no idea whatsoever what he's trying to get at.
I think i can see what you and others are getting at. Its just one video after another with no engagement, yet there is no slow down to posting them. The sources are wide and varied as well. From channels i watch, like Press for Truth, to main stream garbage, like Ted X.

For what its worth its pretty much impossible to tell a human from a bot online. Ai is very advanced.