Word Challenge

Forever Light

Veteran
I had to look up Boere lol

Are you from South Africa? Just curious - please don't feel compelled to answer.
I will answer. Yes, I was born and grew up there.
Here, I will show you some of the people from my tribe, from where I come from:
In this you can see some of the people commemorating the Day of the Vow in 2016 and you can see some of the traditional dress.
It is a very special day there, which is remembered every year, on the 16th of December.
The reason it is remembered, is because it was the day when my ancestors were COMPLETELY outnumbered and surrounded by enemies in unknown land and out in wilderness and on which we saw, first hand, the Salvation of YHWH. It was the day of the Battle of Bloedrivier (Bloodriver).
It was called that, because the river is said to have flowed red, from the blood of the enemy.
There were THOUSANDS of them coming from all around and they were coming to kill the small camp of Boers (who were believers in YHWH) who they wanted to wipe out. There were only about 470 in the camp that consisted mostly of the Boers, but the people prayed to YHWH for His Salvation, and when the enemies (they were not believers) came they were completely defeated, THOUSANDS of them died, and not a single one of those in the Boer camp died, there were only a few small injuries. Some of my ancestors were there and I read what they SAW.. IT was miraculous. A woman who was handling and passing the ammo to some of the men and she remained protected and unharmed. She wrote about what she SAW, ABOVE the camp.. a "bright cloud" appeared and it protected them and scared away the enemy attackers.. The ones who did not die, almost instantly, that is. It was told by those afterwards, from BOTH sides of the battle, that they SAW the "bright cloud" above the camp, and how it protected the Boers but it was not because of them, it was only because they were trusting 100% in YHWH, knowing that they were of His people, and they called upon Him and He sent His Salvation... If that day did not happen as it did, there wouldn't be any Boere today.. because they would have been completely wiped out, but YHWH saved us.. So, ALL Praise and Glory be to Him, all praise be to YHWH.