Wondering: Any form moderators

Valtharia

Rookie
I was just wondering. I don't have a problem or anything.

I haven't seen any since I joined.

mecca

Superstar
There are no mods... but if someone posts something that breaks the rules, there is a report button.

Valtharia

Rookie
Ah, thank you. Though it irks me that there are none, but thank you regardless.

Aero

Superstar
You like moderators? Some are fine sure, but so many people use the job as an excuse to be dumb.

Valtharia

Rookie
Yes I like moderators, so what? Without moderators, to me, it feels like a nuthouse. All of these troll threads, spammers, people calling someone else a cunt, bitch, etc.

We need moderators here. I've been looking though some of these threads and it's ridiculous.

Aero

Superstar
Yes I like moderators, so what? Without moderators, to me, it feels like a nuthouse. All of these troll threads, spammers, people calling someone else a cunt, bitch, etc.

We need moderators here. I've been looking though some of these threads and it's ridiculous.
Lol fair enough. This is the nuthouse. That's why I like it. The idea of people policing themselves does work though. For the most part anyway. Every community ends up with a few black sheep. And I don't think it's a good idea to just let any moderator babysit people. So If you find a good moderator than I'll vote for it.

rainerann

Star
I think a moderator would make things worse. There have been a couple people banned that has helped alleviate some of the abuse, and since VC doesn't post on the forum, he makes for the most impartial judge. I actually think it works better that way.

However, I don't like some of the manners at times too. I find that if I say something, it helps alleviate the frustration a little bit because no moderator is going to have a magic wand that is going to make someone behave better. If anything, that could lead to censorship, which is what I hear people talking about on other forums. I think it called truthzone, but they have a whole thread dedicated to discussing the David Icke forum. There are like 50 people who were banned from the David Icke forum and they talk about the moderators censoring everybody or banning them. It was hilarious to read.

Overall, this place is very interesting. Recently, I have been reading about how technology creates ethical challenges because it is rapidly changing the way we socialize. Witnessing the way people behave in social media is seeing something historic happen before our eyes.

In 20 years, who knows what will be normal because of this change in the way we communicate with each other. It is all very fascinating to me. I would like to think that I am forming some conclusions independently, but they say hindsight is 20/20. Who knows what we think about this experience in 20 years.

Maes17

Superstar

Just ignore the bad posters.
In my short time here, I've encountered a lot of solid and friendly people.

Sure we have our disagreements and ways of seeing things in some threads. But disagreements have always been respectful.

If someone chooses to be angry at me, I let it be. Life moves on.
As for spammers? The threads or messages that have some type of pill or whatever, yes they are obvious.

And trolls? All part of being on a forum

Aero

Superstar
I've been part of a few different message boards. And moderators kind of remind me of the bouncers at a club or bar. So they are either going to respect the power of my presence or be a wuss about it. It might sound petty but shit like that matters. A lot of bars fail, and a lot of message boards fail over the dumbest stuff.

Wanting to punch or slap someone isn't a good feeling. Maybe it's a little bit different for you women. But for a man out in public, sometimes other men have to know you wouldn't hesitate to hit them. You avoid more confrontations this way. At least as far as I've noticed. I'm not Mr. Bar Hopper

Maes17

Superstar
I've been part of a few different message boards. And moderators kind of remind me of the bouncers at a club or bar. So they are either going to respect the power of my presence or be a wuss about it. It might sound petty but shit like that matters. A lot of bars fail, and a lot of message boards fail over the dumbest stuff.

Wanting to punch or slap someone isn't a good feeling. Maybe it's a little bit different for you women. But for a man out in public, sometimes other men have to know you wouldn't hesitate to hit them. You avoid more confrontations this way. At least as far as I've noticed. I'm not Mr. Bar Hopper
One of the things about being an adult is you realize not everyone is gonna like what you like etc.

And I acknowledge that. So yes, I put with and respect a lot of posters opinions on here.
It's the territory for being on a forum.

Just goes to show how classy everyone on VC can be without the intervention of a moderator.

I'm sure VC is not afraid to ban if someone oversteps boundaries.
For the most part however I feel VC allows us to come in and be amongst various deep thinkers.
This message board is a great one.
Keep it alive!

:)

Tikawanda

Established
I mean, this forum is usually tame aside from occasional religious arguments, spambots, and that one chick who makes a new sock puppet account every two weeks, so I can see why we have no moderators. But I wouldn't necessarily see the harm in having one or two as back-up.

Valtharia

Rookie
I think a moderator would make things worse. There have been a couple people banned that has helped alleviate some of the abuse, and since VC doesn't post on the forum, he makes for the most impartial judge. I actually think it works better that way.

However, I don't like some of the manners at times too. I find that if I say something, it helps alleviate the frustration a little bit because no moderator is going to have a magic wand that is going to make someone behave better. If anything, that could lead to censorship, which is what I hear people talking about on other forums. I think it called truthzone, but they have a whole thread dedicated to discussing the David Icke forum. There are like 50 people who were banned from the David Icke forum and they talk about the moderators censoring everybody or banning them. It was hilarious to read.

Overall, this place is very interesting. Recently, I have been reading about how technology creates ethical challenges because it is rapidly changing the way we socialize. Witnessing the way people behave in social media is seeing something historic happen before our eyes.

In 20 years, who knows what will be normal because of this change in the way we communicate with each other. It is all very fascinating to me. I would like to think that I am forming some conclusions independently, but they say hindsight is 20/20. Who knows what we think about this experience in 20 years.
I've seen my fair share of forms with moderators who respect the power they have. Of course, there are the ones who are bad seeds that need to be weeded out.

About technology, it's moving too damn fast. Even I, a millennial, can not keep up. Though I really don't care about keeping up.
One of the things about being an adult is you realize not everyone is gonna like what you like etc.

And I acknowledge that. So yes, I put with and respect a lot of posters opinions on here.
It's the territory for being on a forum.

Just goes to show how classy everyone on VC can be without the intervention of a moderator.

I'm sure VC is not afraid to ban if someone oversteps boundaries.
For the most part however I feel VC allows us to come in and be amongst various deep thinkers.
This message board is a great one.
Keep it alive!

:)
How can someone being called a bitch, cunt, etc. be classy?

I know VC isn't afraid to ban anyone for overstepping. I've been apart of the form before. The last 2 times it was open. I wonder how long these forms will be up.

Maes17

Superstar
I've seen my fair share of forms with moderators who respect the power they have. Of course, there are the ones who are bad seeds that need to be weeded out.

About technology, it's moving too damn fast. Even I, a millennial, can not keep up. Though I really don't care about keeping up.

How can someone being called a bitch, cunt, etc. be classy?

I know VC isn't afraid to ban anyone for overstepping. I've been apart of the form before. The last 2 times it was open. I wonder how long these forms will be up.
Hence why I said most everyone here.

Those who resort to name calling especially using words like cunt, bitch etc are just angry people who eventually get weeded out. If they stay around you can always ignore them.

Vytas

Star
There is a moderator, like just few moments ago posts were deleted but VC is not online...The only reason for him to be that sneaky is if he is active member...Conspiracy ! :)

elsbet

Superstar
Moderators seem unnecessary here. I have been on forums with and without mods-- the ones without are FAR better, as long as the site owner pays attention to the member reports. Never seen an objective mod before, anyway.

Ah, thank you. Though it irks me that there are none, but thank you regardless.
I think it would be a good idea to have them as there is an increase number of members here and people tend to post unnecessary stuff and also flood the threads.But you never know,maybe VC does have moderaters under cover.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Geez fam, have ya been over to Facebook or Youtube or many other sites? Compared to this site , those places are on a discourse level akin to The Purge, figuratively speaking. This is still The Front Of The Class while those places are Shop Class. Easy rule: don't make it personal. Argue the point, not the person. Debate not drama. After all, even cage matches have got rules, man...

See, VC's the Sheriff here and he's got it under control. I have no complaints. Anyways, we got a MOD. His screen name is Deputy Report P. Button. What does the P. stand for? Press. He walks the tough beat (man, the stories that guy could tell ya <shudder>) So, got a problem? Hit him up and he will kick it upstairs to the proper Authoritahs...;)
Having MODS be like...

It's all good though. If anybody needs to go to the bathroom I'll be checking hall passes...;)
1517614327002.png1517614453306.png

Last edited:

Valtharia

Rookie
Geez fam, have ya been over to Facebook or Youtube or many other sites? Compared to this site , those places are on a discourse level akin to The Purge, figuratively speaking. This is still The Front Of The Class while those places are Shop Class. Easy rule: don't make it personal. Argue the point, not the person. Debate not drama. After all, even cage matches have got rules, man...

See, VC's the Sheriff here and he's got it under control. I have no complaints. Anyways, we got a MOD. His screen name is Deputy Report P. Button. What does the P. stand for? Press. He walks the tough beat (man, the stories that guy could tell ya <shudder>) So, got a problem? Hit him up and he will kick it upstairs to the proper Authoritahs...;)
Having MODS be like...

It's all good though. If anybody needs to go to the bathroom I'll be checking hall passes...;)
View attachment 3576View attachment 3577
There's no need for your condescending attitude on here. Come back when you change your attitude so we can have a proper conversation.