Wonder Woman - Great Is Diana Of The Ephesians?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
592ec59379a50.image.jpg I just came back from watching Wonder Woman with the family. They all loved it but I couldn't help spot the Ishtar symbolism...

Rather than say anything more, I wonder if anyone who has watched it picked up on a deeper message?

Last edited:

Victoria

Rookie
It's pretty blatant. I haven't watched the movie, yet, but the Ishtar/Inanna/Isis/Astarte symbolism is there. You could even go a bit further and say the headband, adorned with the 8-pointed star, also resembles a bit of the Argha Noa.

It's interesting how both sides of the story use the 8-pointed star. I know that General Erich Ludendorff's stars are somewhat historically accurate, which makes it even more interesting. Then again, the star is a common symbol and any toddler can pick up a crayon and figure out how to draw 8 lines in a pattern.

WWISH.gif

Dan

Veteran
View attachment 627 I just came back from watching Wonder Woman with the family. They all loved it but I couldn't help spot the Ishtar symbolism...

Rather than say anything more, I wonder if anyone who has watched it picked up on a deeper message?
Not seen the film yet but was thinking... is not the Ishtar symbolism associated with the star at the top of Xmas trees? Pole-star, Venus, etc... always thought the "holy days" were nonsense, to be honest. Maybe not to a powerful cabal.

Come to think of it, the "W" symbol on her chest resembles the Eagle. Power symbol of Rome, Nazi Germany, AND America, for example.

Dan

Veteran
It's pretty blatant. I haven't watched the movie, yet, but the Ishtar/Inanna/Isis/Astarte symbolism is there. You could even go a bit further and say the headband, adorned with the 8-pointed star, also resembles a bit of the Argha Noa.

It's interesting how both sides of the story use the 8-pointed star. I know that General Erich Ludendorff's stars are somewhat historically accurate, which makes it even more interesting. Then again, the star is a common symbol and any toddler can pick up a crayon and figure out how to draw 8 lines in a pattern.

View attachment 629
The Chaos Magick symbol is also an eight-pointed star or "compass". I first saw that in works of Grant Morrison, I think.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I wonder if anyone else has read "Forbidden Secrets of the Labarynth" by Mark Flynn? I did a year ago or so, and all kinds of alarm bells started going off for me while watching the film. I sat looking round wondering if anyone else was picking up on the same message as I was, but they all kept smiling and munching popcorn so perhaps not!!

irrationalNinja

Veteran
Understanding the origins of the character and background to the creation of Wonder Woman may assist with the esoteric interpretation and determining deeper meaning for today's audience. The creator of the Wonder Woman comic book, William Marston, based the character on his and his wife's live-in lover, Olive Byrne. Olive Byrne was the daughter of progressive-era radical feminist Ethel Byrne, who opened the first birth control clinic in 1916 with her sister, and fellow radical, Margaret Sanger. Marston viewed Olive Byrne as the personification of the feminist ideal.
"Wonder Woman is psychological propaganda for the new type of woman who should, I believe, rule the world." -- William Marsten.
Writing for The American Scholar in 1943, Marston described his motivations in creating Wonder Woman (observe the determination to blend male and female characteristics):
"Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."
The phenomena of androgynous representations in media (what I humorously refer to as "Dude In A Dress" and "Sword In A Dress") is clearly embodied in the character (and name) Diana Prince. (Just for fun, a screenshot of an actual sword in a dress -- I could not have asked for a more symbolic representation of SIAD than if I wrote it myself, lmao when I viewed the trailer...)

Before feminist classic Fifty Shades of Grey galvanized the modern independent woman to embrace sexual "liberation" through bondage and submission for the purpose of controlling a man (i.e. "pussy-whipping"), William Marston was using Wonder Woman to accomplish a similar goal in readers of comic books, abundantly depicting various acts of bondage and submission in its pages.

On the value of embracing the "noble practices" of bondage and submission with the purpose of inducing eroticism in readers; part of Marsten's "sex love training" -- reminiscent of themes from Brave New World (e.g. hatchery and conditioning centre):
"The only hope for peace is to teach people who are full of pep and unbound force to enjoy being bound... Only when the control of self by others is more pleasant than the unbound assertion of self in human relationships can we hope for a stable, peaceful human society... Giving to others, being controlled by them, submitting to other people cannot possibly be enjoyable without a strong erotic element."
Marston's view of male readers:
"Give them an alluring woman stronger than themselves to submit to, and they'll be proud to become her willing slaves!"
Combined with his "sex love training," Marston appears to be following a similar philosophy to Aldous Huxley when he wrote:
"There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And it seems to be the final revolution."
IMHO... Wonder Woman is textbook ideological subversion designed to aid in bringing about a "utopia" not unlike Paradise Island.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Understanding the origins of the character and background to the creation of Wonder Woman may assist with the esoteric interpretation and determining deeper meaning for today's audience. The creator of the Wonder Woman comic book, William Marston, based the character on his and his wife's live-in lover, Olive Byrne. Olive Byrne was the daughter of progressive-era radical feminist Ethel Byrne, who opened the first birth control clinic in 1916 with her sister, and fellow radical, Margaret Sanger. Marston viewed Olive Byrne as the personification of the feminist ideal.

Writing for The American Scholar in 1943, Marston described his motivations in creating Wonder Woman (observe the determination to blend male and female characteristics):

The phenomena of androgynous representations in media (what I humorously refer to as "Dude In A Dress" and "Sword In A Dress") is clearly embodied in the character (and name) Diana Prince. (Just for fun, a screenshot of an actual sword in a dress -- I could not have asked for a more symbolic representation of SIAD than if I wrote it myself, lmao when I viewed the trailer...)

Before feminist classic Fifty Shades of Grey galvanized the modern independent woman to embrace sexual "liberation" through bondage and submission for the purpose of controlling a man (i.e. "pussy-whipping"), William Marston was using Wonder Woman to accomplish a similar goal in readers of comic books, abundantly depicting various acts of bondage and submission in its pages.

On the value of embracing the "noble practices" of bondage and submission with the purpose of inducing eroticism in readers; part of Marsten's "sex love training" -- reminiscent of themes from Brave New World (e.g. hatchery and conditioning centre):

Marston's view of male readers:

Combined with his "sex love training," Marston appears to be following a similar philosophy to Aldous Huxley when he wrote:

IMHO... Wonder Woman is textbook ideological subversion designed to aid in bringing about a "utopia" not unlike Paradise Island.
Extremely observant and to the point. Several things I was unaware of as well!