Woman Wants White Doctor

Trenton

Veteran
Thought this video would contribute to the topic:
As for the frequency of marijuana usage and arrests, I'd say that's probably accurate.

Of all my white friends who've been pulled over with weed in the car... The cops would always just confiscate the weed and give them a verbal warning.

I've heard this at least 10 different times.

I only have a handful of black friends and I don't think any of them have been pulled over with weed in the car, but I doubt it would go over the same way if they did. :/

Glad to see the video without her face obscured. I feel sorry for the kid, actually. First of all, he has a mother who’s clearly rude and up-talks. Secondly, she knows nothing about what clinics are for. I thought people know that if you have chest pains, you go straight to the ER. Oddly enough, if she went to the hospital, her son would've been seen immediately because people with chest pains are first on the list when it comes to patients in the ER, and she wouldn't have had time to complain.

Trenton

Veteran
This woman, and other people like her disturb me so much. I don't understand how anyone can be that outwardly racist. How can someone be so confident in their assholish views that they can just speak them with demand and conviction?

I could understand wanting ba doctor to speak English well. That's important for communicating. But to say evil shit like "without brown skin or brown teeth" what the ever loving fuck?

I have had many Indian doctors. Most of them were great doctors. Sometimes better at their jobs than many white doctors I've been to.

The only time I ever had a problem, was with one neurologist my boyfriend went to see. She was Indian, and her English wasn't very good. So she misunderstood a lot of what he tried to explain to her and she prescribed him a medication he didn't need and he ended up having a bad reaction to it.

His Physician is a Vietnamese doctor, and she's one of the most kind and patient doctors I've ever met. She is also good at her job.

Our orthodontist is also Indian. And she's really good at what she does too.

Fuck this stupid bitch. #mad

My VC spidey senses say this is a contrived situation, simply because it takes place in Mississauga of all places.
Either that or she is scoring points with some dimwits.:D
Yes, that is a possibility seeing that she does seem to look at the person who's recording her when she starts her tangent, and she never tells anyone to stop filming her. However, the anger and resentment towards her from the people in the clinic appears to be authentic.

Trenton

Veteran
Glad to see the video without her face obscured. I feel sorry for the kid, actually. First of all, he has a mother who’s clearly rude and up-talks. Secondly, she knows nothing about what clinics are for. I thought people know that if you have chest pains, you go straight to the ER. Oddly enough, if she went to the hospital, her son would've been seen immediately because people with chest pains are first on the list when it comes to patients in the ER, and she wouldn't have had time to complain.
I went to the day clinic once with chest pain. They rushed me in immediately to get an EKG. So quick in fact they forgot to clean my elbow pit with an alcohol swab before drawing my blood @_@

She probably went to a clinic instead of the ER because (at least here in America) it's only ~300$ vs 3000$ at the ER. With insurance, if you even have it.

I know medical is socialized in Canada so IDK. She dumb

DesertRose

Superstar
....Indeed, if all goes well and he continues living in that city he will deplore his mom's views....
.........we can only hope:)
My biggest pet peeve is the 'school to prison pipeline' in the States......
Police officers in schools that were initially put in for major events such as a Columbine but now are there for minor disciplinary infractions......
Now that is systemic racism ......
I think @justjess mentioned that another thread......heartbreaking stuff.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/oct/30/school-discipline-race-suspensions-expulsions-south-carolina

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
A lot of these rural areas get doctors shipped in from out of the country who work for an outside company and rotate out - aren't tied to the community, aren't necessarily that experienced etc.. because native born doctors don't want to work in these places because there's no money to be mad here. The doctor shortage into places like this is soo bad the federal government will literally pay for you to go to med school - your school fees and living expenses - if you agree to work in one of these communities for a certain amount of years.

I actually live in a place like this right now and it's frustrating trying to get decent medical care to say the least.

That does not in any way justify this woman's racism and I doubt her temper tantrum even has anything to do with that but just trying to give a little background.

As for systemic racism in the schools - it's disturbing. I currently work with a five year old black boy with dreads who has trouble regulating his emotions which results in temper tantrums that they labeled with conduct disorder (precursor diagnosis for sociopath) who isn't at all VERSUS the 7 year old white boy I work with who I actually think is a sociopath - no evidence of emotion or concern for anyone but himself, manipulative and spiteful - that the school won't diagnose at all and just say "he's a good boy" when he's clearly not and makes no progress with any intervention used thus far, doesn't get suspended when he hits people, never gets restrained while the 5 year old is suspended and rsdtained all the time for far less behAviors and they go to the same damn school.

polymoog

Superstar

Here in Canada a woman walked into a clinic but demanded to see a white doctor. Racism has always been here and will continue to be here.

Thoughts?
she has a right to speak her mind, although i this she is rude and disagree with her.

the slippery slope begins when we start legislating about curtailing racism. after all, entitlements, special compensations, affirmative action, etc. are the biggest causes of racism, as these things breed resentment to those who want a level playing ground, regardless of race, creed, etc.
further, and this is slightly off topic, when we impose restrictions or sensitize ourselves to words so that we cannot laugh at the stereotypes and self-deprecation of ones own race, we cannot ease the tension between races and allow dialogue for understanding. those of us who remember what it was like to be living in a time of normality will recall this. perhaps this is a reason why off-color jokes are prohibited these days.
by making race and racial slurs off limits, that dialogue ends and MISunderstanding grows into what we have today.

the racism is real film looks like a lot of social justice justification to me. life can be tough for some groups. toughing it out through the BS and roadblocks to get ahead only makes them stronger individuals. they deserve a higher level of respect from us-- thats how i feel. conversely, whining about discrimination when it does appear doesnt help.

before i am rebutted by the social justice folks in here, i speak from experience. i get discriminated in my country. and i walk it off.

Etagloc

Superstar
she has a right to speak her mind, although i this she is rude and disagree with her.

the slippery slope begins when we start legislating about curtailing racism. after all, entitlements, special compensations, affirmative action, etc. are the biggest causes of racism, as these things breed resentment to those who want a level playing ground, regardless of race, creed, etc.
further, and this is slightly off topic, when we impose restrictions or sensitize ourselves to words so that we cannot laugh at the stereotypes and self-deprecation of ones own race, we cannot ease the tension between races and allow dialogue for understanding. those of us who remember what it was like to be living in a time of normality will recall this. perhaps this is a reason why off-color jokes are prohibited these days.
by making race and racial slurs off limits, that dialogue ends and MISunderstanding grows into what we have today.

the racism is real film looks like a lot of social justice justification to me. life can be tough for some groups. toughing it out through the BS and roadblocks to get ahead only makes them stronger individuals. they deserve a higher level of respect from us-- thats how i feel. conversely, whining about discrimination when it does appear doesnt help.

before i am rebutted by the social justice folks in here, i speak from experience. i get discriminated in my country. and i walk it off.
#StuffWhitePeopleSay

Kung Fu

Superstar

You're right they shouldn't be arrested or fined but if they happened to be knocked out cold because of some racist remark they make than they should live with it because the things people say have consequences. I say this because I knocked a bouncer on his ass cold because he told a black friend of mine that "little slave niggers like you don't amount to anything". I told him to back off and then just stared at me thinking he was going to intimidate me lol. I hope he learned his lesson.

Kung Fu

Superstar

If we use race and colour in a civilized manner in terms of debate and discussion I'm all for it but when you use it a context which is belittling well that's where the problems begin.

marcecar10

Established
If we use race and colour in a civilized manner in terms of debate and discussion I'm all for it but when you use it a context which is belittling well that's where the problems begin.
What do you think it should be a proper punishment for this scum? Maybe jail time is too much, but it should be something. There's nothing to say about it. Racism is a real and horrendous thing deeply rooted in societies, so there should be some kind of punishment, although I believe public criticism and repulse could be.