Wolves In Sheep's Clothing?

lamb

Established
what do you think the possibilities are of christian gospel singers being somehow involved in occultism?

Attachments

Violette

Star
Lecrae is definitely a sell out. It wouldn't surprise me if some Christian singers are somehow involved unfortunately. Even Katy Perry started out as a gospel singer. I'll never understand how people who are so involved in the Christian community could choose to dabble in the dark world of the occult.

JoChris

Superstar
Lecrae is definitely a sell out. It wouldn't surprise me if some Christian singers are somehow involved unfortunately. Even Katy Perry started out as a gospel singer. I'll never understand how people who are so involved in the Christian community could choose to dabble in the dark world of the occult.
IF Lacrae is even a Christian, he is exceptionally spiritually immature from the Christian perspective. http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/08/05/lecrae-counts-his-blessings-in-the-midst-of-sex-jokes-and-corrupt-speech-belittles-young-lady-for-questioning/
How a truly born-again Christian could behave like without repentance is unthinkable.

Katy Perry is an example of how a Christian upbringing is no guarantee of genuine Christian conversion.

TMT

Star
And I can never understand how people can have seen the light and go back to the darkness of Christianity.

Occultism isn't some single vast, monolithic thing. Most people here would consider traditional Christian mysticism "occult" in nature. Symbolism is always malign either.

As I said back in the old VC forums, in my fantasy stories there's an organization whose symbol is basically an "all-seeing eye" in a lantern. Some might call it "Illuminati symbolism" but if you could give me a better idea of a sigil for an organization that's purpose is to keep a vigil for all the dark horrors that hide in the world, I'd be might inclined to change it.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Isaiah 5

20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

22Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

23Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

24Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Occultism isn't some single vast, monolithic thing. Most people here would consider traditional Christian mysticism "occult" in nature. Symbolism is always malign either.

As I said back in the old VC forums, in my fantasy stories there's an organization whose symbol is basically an "all-seeing eye" in a lantern. Some might call it "Illuminati symbolism" but if you could give me a better idea of a sigil for an organization that's purpose is to keep a vigil for all the dark horrors that hide in the world, I'd be might inclined to change it.
Are you a writer?

I like to pretend I'm one at least.

I really don't have anything to show for it, but a handful of unfinished stories and a lot of notes, and with my father's health I really don't have the time to sit in the solitude I require to write anymore... But dream would be to finally finish something and get published.

TMT

Star
And how is Christianity dark compared to cannibalism, SRA, MK Ultra, p***philia and all the other sick things the elite enjoy?
If those things exist it's not how you imagine them, and those things have nothing to do with "occultism", it's a delusion created by fundamentalists to discredit their enemies.

But let's see Christianity has been responsible for mass murder since its creation, and has been used as a justification for all kinds of atrocities including slavery. The "God" of the Old Testament is a monster and it should be clear after reading it.

But the real darkness is that it is about obedience.

It has caused countless of generations of humans to sacrifice this life for a promise that will never come while putting insane restrictions on personal freedoms.

Violette

Star
If those things exist it's not how you imagine them, and those things have nothing to do with "occultism", it's a delusion created by fundamentalists to discredit their enemies.

But let's see Christianity has been responsible for mass murder since its creation, and has been used as a justification for all kinds of atrocities including slavery. The "God" of the Old Testament is a monster and it should be clear after reading it.

It has caused countless of generations of humans to sacrifice this life for a promise that will never come while putting insane restrictions on personal freedoms.
Those things do exist and it isn't hard to find evidence that link the occult to very sick and evil practices. You should know, you admire Crowley of all people. The only delusion here is that you think God is evil. You clearly either have a poor understanding of the Bible or you're just set on not following any rules besides your own if you think God is evil.
"He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered."
What insane restrictions on personal freedom? Not being able to have sex outside of marriage? Not conforming to a wicked world? Loving your neighbor as yourself? Jeez, the rules are truely impossible...not really.

lamb

Established

people misinterpreting the bible isn't His fault. i don't understand what's so bad about obedience when ultimately it helps you. being kind to your enemies can solve conflict. not being prideful, boastful, starting arguments, lying, isn't a bad thing. abstinence can protect from unwanted pregnancies and stds. is being morally sound and thinking of others rather than yourself so much to as for? He is not a monster in the Old Testament, He is being just. the people he cast plagues on were the ones who enslaved the Israelites or sacrificed their children to false gods like Moloch and Baal while having sex in front of temples. despite this, numerous times He was patient and forgiving. and He never hated anyone with a pure heart and pure intentions.

imo i don't see how being obedient puts insane restrictions on personal freedom. He gave us free will, many of people disobey and still do whatever they want with their life. what do you consider 'insane restrictions' on freedom that are hard to give up? 'sacrifice this life' I doubt any commandment would have that much of a substantial impact on someone's life

TMT

Star
Those things do exist and it isn't hard to find evidence that link the occult to very sick and evil practices. You should know, you admire Crowley of all people. The only delusion here is that you think God is evil. You clearly either have a poor understanding of the Bible or you're just set on not following any rules besides your own if you think God is evil.
"He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered."
What insane restrictions on personal freedom? Not being able to have sex outside of marriage? Not conforming to a wicked world? Loving your neighbor as yourself? Jeez, the rules are truely impossible...not really.
Crowley didn't promote any "sick practices" actually and his hands are clean compared to the prophets of the book.
Collective punishment that's what god is about, and he overreacts like crazy, because if someone commits no crimes or acts of maliciousness in his life but dies without swearing allegiance to the master then he gets tortured for eternity, that's a just god?
He is for genocide, child murder, the oppression and slavery of women etc, etc.

THE SMOKING DOG(18)

Each act of man is the twist and double of an hare.
Love and death are the greyhounds that course him.
God bred the hounds and taketh His pleasure in the
sport.
This is the Comedy of Pan, that man should think
he hunteth, while those hounds hunt him.
This is the Tragedy of Man when facing Love and
Death he turns to bay. He is no more hare, but
boar.
There are no other comedies or tragedies.
Cease then to be the mockery of God; in savagery of
love and death live thou and die!
Thus shall His laughter be thrilled through with
Ecstasy.

- Aleister Crowley

lamb

Established
@TMT

how can you defend crowley though, isn't it sort of hypocritical to say that the old testament is harsh and cruel but defend an occultist/satanist? he advocated for human sacrifice and is one of the main teachers for black magic and rituals- i don't think this is a fair comparison.

“For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law” — meaning the law of Moses. “They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them” (Romans 2:15).

like i said before the canaanites were sexually immoral (beastiality, incest), sacrificed their children, and worshipped false idols. the curse of ham was because of all the immorality that happened. so yes, although he wiped them out, it was justified
but even tribes like moab which he didn't like, he liked individuals like ruth who were righteous and not immoral

he saved the israelites from egypt from slavery- he never advocated for the enslavement of Africans. that was a misinterpretation, and honestly if you read deuteronomy 28 it sounds like the slaves are the Israelites that were disobedient (keep in mind the blessings they would have been given for obedience and a warning that was given to them) but despite this:
God said to Abram, “Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, where they will be enslaved and oppressed four hundred years. 14“But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with many possessions.
He still promises them prosperity and forgiveness after many acts of disobedience and disrespect. He's fair, and he's not cruel- it wouldn't be fair of Him to not punish unrighteousness and sin