Woke Watch - TV shows + movies

polymoog

Superstar
I agree. This falls under the category of historical accuracy as I mentioned above.

pinnochio is italian. black fairies have no business being in the film (nor do pedophiles like tom hanks, but thats something different) as there were no black italians in 19th c. tuscany.
further, there is not one record in mythology about any fairies, leprachauns, kobolds, elves, or dwarfs being anything but white. this is part of white european (irish/english/scandinavian) lore.
are you still for diversity in this context, or do you see how this also is historically (and authentically) inaccurate?

polymoog

Superstar
Would you object if a black Italian played the part?
yes. there are none.
you can come close to having an argument if you are talking about the sicilians who have interbred with north africans, but north africans are not black anyway. in any event, its a white role.

i dont want to see shaka zulu played by white boer, either, even though both are from south africa.

This reminds me of Avengers endgame/Thor love and thunder. The King of Asgard is a lesbian woman. So completely removed from any male.

Also on this note has anyone else noticed how Marvel have gone from revering gods, to out right mocking them. Asgard went from a utopia to a tourist attraction. The new movie has pretty much every god from every culture. Every god is self serving, into orgies, vile evil beings who enjoy torturing people, see humans as something close to vermin.

View attachment 80983View attachment 80984
Oh yes! This is why I didn't want to partake in this crap show. I loved the first movie, at least it had the comedy in a respectable way, but when I saw the trailers for this movie, there was no way that I would watch it. So many said they loved it when they saw it, too. It's true about Valkyrie being a "king" and how unsettling that is.. and like you said, of course it was a title given to a lesbian. It's horrible how they had the gods act so vile like that, it's like they are promoting orgies an violence, just like Alastair Crowley's sex magick crap. What a world we live in!

I am totally for diversity in this context. These are works of fiction, and I'm glad roles have opened up to include actors of all backgrounds and races.
Hmmm, well just considering that it seems only the white countries include diversities in their media and entertainment, this doesn't sit well with me. Other countries stick with their own races, why do we have to mix ours? I'm not against other races, perse, but I think that any diversity in these medias that are meant for the white countries is going to be forced diversity. They are always doing it for the agenda, not out of the kindness of their hearts. Sorry to disagree with ya.

Lurking009

Veteran
Hmmm, well just considering that it seems only the white countries include diversities in their media and entertainment, this doesn't sit well with me. Other countries stick with their own races, why do we have to mix ours? I'm not against other races, perse, but I think that any diversity in these medias that are meant for the white countries is going to be forced diversity. They are always doing it for the agenda, not out of the kindness of their hearts. Sorry to disagree with ya.
What other countries do shouldn't affect doing the right thing. I would rather be above all that and see the best person hired for the job, no matter the skin color and as long as it doesn't conflict with historical accuracy. We're all part of the human race, no matter what color.

Oh yes! This is why I didn't want to partake in this crap show. I loved the first movie, at least it had the comedy in a respectable way, but when I saw the trailers for this movie, there was no way that I would watch it. So many said they loved it when they saw it, too. It's true about Valkyrie being a "king" and how unsettling that is.. and like you said, of course it was a title given to a lesbian. It's horrible how they had the gods act so vile like that, it's like they are promoting orgies an violence, just like Alastair Crowley's sex magick crap. What a world we live in!
Spoilers -

But the beginning has the villain who is a man praying to his god to help save him and his daughter, the last of his people. The daughter dies. He finds an oasis later and his god. Who then sits mocking his pain and suffering. Laughing at him being the last and how this god will find more followers. He goes on about there is no after life and he is an idiot. Cue the guy finding a sword that kills gods. The dialogue reminds me of something satan says, very garden of Eden. im not religious but i found it very uncomfortable. Especially how its targeted at kids.

What other countries do shouldn't affect doing the right thing. I would rather be above all that and see the best person hired for the job, no matter the skin color and as long as it doesn't conflict with historical accuracy. We're all part of the human race, no matter what color.
Question is why not make new tales based on non white fairytales. Like how they made a child friendly Mulan in the 1990s. But instead they take white stories and remove the white people (except the villains obviously) then when whites get upset they are deemed racist. Like a black prince in beauty and the beast. A story based in a very white 18th century France.

Like look at all of these. Why not chose one and show kids and adults some new stuff. Instead of a black snow white. You know the girl who is famous for having skin as white as snow.

It's not necessarily about the right thing, not to the top satanists, anyway. To them, this is all for the agenda.

Spoilers -

But the beginning has the villain who is a man praying to his god to help save him and his daughter, the last of his people. The daughter dies. He finds an oasis later and his god. Who then sits mocking his pain and suffering. Laughing at him being the last and how this god will find more followers. He goes on about there is no after life and he is an idiot. Cue the guy finding a sword that kills gods. The dialogue reminds me of something satan says, very garden of Eden. im not religious but i found it very uncomfortable. Especially how its targeted at kids.
Oh my, am I glad to sit this one out! That is just ridiculous. This agenda seems to be getting out of control. I can understand your discomfort. They just keep mocking, as you said. People are going to believe God himself will just laugh and mock. Not cool.

Lurking009

Veteran
yes. there are none.
you can come close to having an argument if you are talking about the sicilians who have interbred with north africans, but north africans are not black anyway. in any event, its a white role.

i dont want to see shaka zulu played by white boer, either, even though both are from south africa.

There are legal black Italian citizens, born and raised in Italy and recognized by the Italian government, but somehow they're not Italian because ...? I don't know - maybe you could let the Italian government know so they can kick them out.

pinnochio is italian. black fairies have no business being in the film (nor do pedophiles like tom hanks, but thats something different) as there were no black italians in 19th c. tuscany.
further, there is not one record in mythology about any fairies, leprachauns, kobolds, elves, or dwarfs being anything but white. this is part of white european (irish/english/scandinavian) lore.

Serious question: If you're going to claim color and lore is everything, should blue fairies only be played by blue people? What race and heritage are blue people, anyway? Just wondering.

In case you've forgotten, fairy tale and mythological creatures do not actually exist in real life. They have no real race and therefore do not have to be played by people of a particular color.

are you still for diversity in this context, or do you see how this also is historically (and authentically) inaccurate?

Yes, I'm very happy to see all races of actors given equal opportunities [based on merit] to play fictitious roles rather than being locked out just because of their skin color. There is no way to compare fairy tales to historical dramas. I have to reject the 'whites only' policy you are presenting for works of fiction.

Last edited:

Lurking009

Veteran
It's not necessarily about the right thing, not to the top satanists, anyway. To them, this is all for the agenda.
These are two completely different issues -

1. Bad: Flooding countries with illegal immigrants and forcing diversity with the goal of causing division, hatred, riots, and violence.
2. Good: Welcoming people of all colors to play movie roles where historical accuracy doesn't matter, and based on merit alone.

Last edited:
These are two completely different issues -

1. Bad: Flooding countries with illegal immigrants and forcing diversity with the goal of causing division, hatred, riots, and violence.
2. Good: Welcoming people of all colors to play movie roles where historical accuracy doesn't matter, and based on merit alone.
News flash, both come from the same source. Why put diversity in if it isn't historically accurate to have forced representation? It still feels like an agenda to me. And before you cry, "racist"! I definitely don't hate people of colour, I just know the agenda!

Oh my, am I glad to sit this one out! That is just ridiculous. This agenda seems to be getting out of control. I can understand your discomfort. They just keep mocking, as you said. People are going to believe God himself will just laugh and mock. Not cool.
I watched it out of curiosity and my partner has disney+ so it didnt cost me anything. Like I said im not religious ( not atheist but not religious) but I felt uncomfortable the whole way through. They go to a planet/realm (they never really say what it is) every god that has existed on earth from every culture was there. Every single one was either an idiot, evil, rude and obsessed with excess. Drinking, oh and orgies kept being brought up over and over again, they were highly sexualised. Thors clothes are flicked off by Zeus and the female gods are obsessed with his penis ( yes this is geared towards kids). Oh also Thor in the beginning of the movies flies away on his axe like a witch on a broom. Oh and this wasnt just gods of old, the stuff you see in museums. The Hindu gods were there, gods from New Zealand tribes, gods were there

It just felt like the whole money was an attempt to make gods (which ever you may believe in) as bad, that being religious is an idiots choice. That rebelling against god/gods is good. Over 50 gods appear.

I watched it out of curiosity and my partner has disney+ so it didnt cost me anything. Like I said im not religious ( not atheist but not religious) but I felt uncomfortable the whole way through. They go to a planet/realm (they never really say what it is) every god that has existed on earth from every culture was there. Every single one was either an idiot, evil, rude and obsessed with excess. Drinking, oh and orgies kept being brought up over and over again, they were highly sexualised. Thors clothes are flicked off by Zeus and the female gods are obsessed with his penis ( yes this is geared towards kids). Oh also Thor in the beginning of the movies flies away on his axe like a witch on a broom. Oh and this wasnt just gods of old, the stuff you see in museums. The Hindu gods were there, gods from New Zealand tribes, gods were there

It just felt like the whole money was an attempt to make gods (which ever you may believe in) as bad, that being religious is an idiots choice. That rebelling against god/gods is good. Over 50 gods appear.
It's also the "gayest Marvel movie."

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
How many times are we going to start threads that cover the same topics as previously discussed in other threads?

Oh great, this sounds even more like a dumpster fire lol will for surely be avoiding this..how could they keep getting away with all of this? Especially the gods all being vile, and the scene with Zeus.. that's just plain nasty! This definitely shouldn't be for kids, and have to say, it shouldn't really be for anyone. They have shamed Thor's character.

Oh great, this sounds even more like a dumpster fire lol will for surely be avoiding this..how could they keep getting away with all of this? Especially the gods all being vile, and the scene with Zeus.. that's just plain nasty! This definitely shouldn't be for kids, and have to say, it shouldn't really be for anyone. They have shamed Thor's character.
Also the anti straight relationships. There was one known straight relationship, Thor and Jane and they make a huge point about it not working, there's a whole monologue of it. Yet, the gay relationships are seen as romantic and something to aspire to. the lady king spends the movie lamenting her lost love who died in battle and the rock guy has a non binary male relationship with another rock man who then make babies holding hands. Its a definite agenda.

polymoog

Superstar
There are legal black Italian citizens, born and raised in Italy and recognized by the Italian government, but somehow they're not Italian because ...? I don't know - maybe you could let the Italian government know so they can kick them out.
black italian citizens may be italian citizens but they are not of italian heritage. citizenship does not make a race. as to whether they belong there or not is not pertinent to this conversation.

Serious question: If you're going to claim color and lore is everything, should blue fairies only be played by blue people? What race and heritage are blue people, anyway? Just wondering.
the 'blue' in the blue fairy had to do with the blue hair color, and like i explain below, the fairies have white features: straight hair, straight nose, etc.)

In case you've forgotten, fairy tale and mythological creatures do not actually exist in real life. They have no real race and therefore do not have to be played by people of a particular color.
disagree 100%. elementals do exist. not everyone can see them but when they are seen, theyre fair skinned and have white features.
american indians have known about little people (dwarfs) for thousands of years (the indians in north carolina and in north dakota). go check out the diary of lewis and clark-- in 1804, they meet with two different tribes near the mississippi that describe little people that live in the ground. miniature skeletons were also found in a more recent dig in north carolina. the list goes on (and this is a separate discussion).
in any event, throughout all of antiquity we see white/fair skinned elementals. they are a part of white european tradition.

Yes, I'm very happy to see all races of actors given equal opportunities [based on merit] to play fictitious roles rather than being locked out just because of their skin color. There is no way to compare fairy tales to historical dramas. I have to reject the 'whites only' policy you are presenting for works of fiction.
i am all for merit-based advancement. but if the person does not look the part, he/she should be rejected from that role (or at least caked with makeup so that he is the right color, black, white, or asian). physical appearance is essential for authenticity. otherwise, its just a farce.

in university, there was a very popular class called 'the african storyteller'. like kerrichinchilla said, many of those stories (and theres plenty) would be a perfect fit for black actors. and i wouldnt want to see whites in those roles, either-- again, it would ruin the authenticity. in a way, those traditional african stories are sacred to their culture-- whites (or asians) have no business playing a part in those stories. to do so would be insulting.

only here in the west would we even have a discussion about this. there is a series called kingdom based out of south korea. the koreans would be straight forward: a black actor approaching the casting director for a part would be laughed out of the room because of how silly it would be.