Woke Watch - TV shows + movies

And what's with the term "woman king"? I've seen this a few times in the last couple of decades where they say a woman is a 'king". That term is generally used for men in the monarch power, that's why the term queen exists
I thought it was just part of the wokeness, but i did find it odd. Im actually surprised they went with king and not something "inclusive" and "gender neutral" like ruler or leader. Probably part of the masculinization of women agenda.

Have they really been using the term king to refer to women aside from this movie? I hadn't caught that.

I thought it was just part of the wokeness, but i did find it odd. Im actually surprised they went with king and not something "inclusive" and "gender neutral" like ruler or leader. Probably part of the masculinization of women agenda.

Have they really been using the term king to refer to women aside from this movie? I hadn't caught that.
I believe so, that it was to make women more masculine, for sure. They want them to be just like men! Crazy world we live in. I'm also surprised they didn't go with leader lol.

A couple times that I really remember them saying a woman is a king, was in the pirates of the Caribbean series, in the third movie, they had Elizabeth Swan declare she's a "pirate King" which is odd. Then, recently in Thor Love and Thunder, they have Valkyrie's character as a King, instead of queen. They really are pushing for women to be like men, aren't they??

Lurking009

Veteran
This trailer came on the other day. I havent watched the film, nor have any intention of watching.

If the queen of England is now black to appease wokeness, why is this woman king not white? Or even any of her subjects?

But as this article explains, it's historically inaccurate and woke regardless

I've been looking for a thread to post this on!
As with anything woke, all logic flies out the window. Building on that foundation creates a house of cards.

yes...
the concept of constructing women into this neo-masculine ideal fits right in with the NWO transgender agenda. masculinize women on film, and turn men into women-- there are hoardes of men posing as women in hollywood. a transgender won miss nevada. so the best looking woman in the state of nevada is actually a man.

View attachment 80873

i have no problem with a women in a tough role as long as its not at the expense of men and the women retain their femininity. the example i am thinking of brianna or targ(?) from game of thrones. strong and warrior-like, yet she had a soft side.
Women dont NEED femininity to be women. Us tomboys do exist. There are women who are just happier away from forced femininity, me being one of them. Hate make up, dresses, glitter, baking, cooking in general, not a child person, happy childfree, always in baggy trousers and t shirts. The issue with supernatural is the women are arrogant and rude. Women dont need to be feminine or arrogant. Women can be tom boys and polite

That's so much the issue with the media and entertainment, these days. They always have to make the same female characters over and over again. We get it. And we don't like it, either. The women characters start to lose substance and don't really have many layers as a character if it's going to be the same trope over and over again. They also love to change our biology, and always make us stronger than men. Doesn't make sense!
They dont know how to write women. women are either ditzy hyperfeminine, girl bosses/arrogant, over masculine/parodies of men, whores, or hyper virgins (that usually need to be sexualised), or the geek (another that needs to be changed).

They dont know how to write women. women are either ditzy hyperfeminine, girl bosses/arrogant, over masculine/parodies of men, whores, or hyper virgins (that usually need to be sexualised), or the geek (another that needs to be changed).
Exactly, and those are all overused boring stereotypical tropes. It really doesn't seem like they know at all how to write women.

polymoog

Superstar
You are all welcome here’: Original Lord of the Rings Actor Elijah Wood Decimates Racists Claiming The Rings of Power Failed Because of ‘Go woke, go broke’

‘We Stand Together in Absolute Solidarity Against Relentless Racism’: The Rings of Power Cast Blasts Racist Trolls, Claim Tolkien’s Middle Earth Isn’t “All White”

quick summary: we are all racist trolls for insisting that the show keep its roots. elijah wood with the rest of his hobbit friends jumped on board. no surprise.

lets have a george floyd movie staring jason alexander or a muhammed ali biopic starring adam sandler. lets see how that goes down in the black community.

free2018

Star
yes...
the concept of constructing women into this neo-masculine ideal fits right in with the NWO transgender agenda. masculinize women on film, and turn men into women-- there are hoardes of men posing as women in hollywood. a transgender won miss nevada. so the best looking woman in the state of nevada is actually a man.

View attachment 80873

i have no problem with a women in a tough role as long as its not at the expense of men and the women retain their femininity. the example i am thinking of brianna or targ(?) from game of thrones. strong and warrior-like, yet she had a soft side.
The modern actresses in all of these roles are literally men.
The fact that people for example are upset at Galadriel, hidden tranny, playing a “ woman” is tragic comedy.

All of these top actors are inverted. It’s their religion.

free2018

Star
Oh this is totally cringe. They always have to switch the narrative and make the white people look like jerks. This kind of goes with the whole African slaves in America thing where it was the Africans who sold them to America in the first place. But of course, most will call the whites the racist ones!
And what's with the term "woman king"? I've seen this a few times in the last couple of decades where they say a woman is a 'king". That term is generally used for men in the monarch power, that's why the term queen exists.
It’s called woman king because it’s the divine androgyne. The aliens have already landed and they are grannies.

Disney black washing white fairy tales.
1662875195781.png
New black little mermaid, a black snow white (which makes no sense) and black beauty and beast in new musical tour of the movie. You know the very French tale of a very French prince and pauper in 18th century France. But obviously the villain Gaston is still white

1662875305022.png1662875339996.png1662875354941.png

Also Thor: love and thunder has a stone man that can create babies with their gay husband without a woman, a lesbian warrior and the only straight relationship points out how problematic it was, how the couple could not stick together.

Ok this is kind of threadjacking but i just have to say this

Women dont NEED femininity to be women. Us tomboys do exist...Women can be tom boys and polite.
I agree with this. Whatever "femininity" is does not make nor take away from a woman being a woman. I have always been on the tomboyish side, and statements such as "ALL women behave/think/feel/like without exception" tend to irritate me to no end.

That said, some of us tomboys do want and have children, and having them didnt make me any less tomboyish either.

Last edited:

Lurking009

Veteran
Disney black washing white fairy tales.
Im not a disney fan, but i dont think ive seen pinochio mentioned yet

The new fairy
View attachment 80959
The old fairy
View attachment 80960
I don't know anything about these movies, so I'm only addressing the race of the actors pointed out in the above posts. I am totally for diversity in this context. These are works of fiction, and I'm glad roles have opened up to include actors of all backgrounds and races. If they chose the best actor for the roles, then good for them.

In the movie "Much ado about nothing" I loved that it was a mixed cast in a Shakespearean film, which was refreshing and fun. The actors were obviously chosen for their abilities rather than skin color, which is as it should be.

What I'm against is forced diversity and affirmative action (reverse racism) in movies - particularly historical but can include other genres - that purposely attempts to change or erase facts and reality, and/or bash and denigrate everyone the left disagrees with.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
In the movie "Much ado about nothing" I loved that it was a mixed cast in a Shakespearean film, which was refreshing and fun. The actors were obviously chosen for their abilities rather than skin color, which is as it should be.
there is a new marilyn monroe biopic coming out. the female role is given to a woman who would appear completely ridiculous if she was portrayed with her black hair. imagine how stupid it would be if she appeared as a black woman-- even if, as you say, the black actress` abilities were top notch.

the same can be said about the new weird al movie where great lengths were made to make the main actor look very similar to yankovic. oprah winfrey is played appropriately by a black woman

theres a place for merit in film, but never when the race interferes with authenticity.

Lurking009

Veteran
there is a new marilyn monroe biopic coming out. the female role is given to a woman who would appear completely ridiculous if she was portrayed with her black hair. imagine how stupid it would be if she appeared as a black woman-- even if, as you say, the black actress` abilities were top notch.

the same can be said about the new weird al movie where great lengths were made to make the main actor look very similar to yankovic. oprah winfrey is played appropriately by a black woman

theres a place for merit in film, but never when the race interferes with authenticity.
I agree. This falls under the category of historical accuracy as I mentioned above.

This seems closer to the truth, and that's how we know that things are wacked LOL
This reminds me of Avengers endgame/Thor love and thunder. The King of Asgard is a lesbian woman. So completely removed from any male.

Also on this note has anyone else noticed how Marvel have gone from revering gods, to out right mocking them. Asgard went from a utopia to a tourist attraction. The new movie has pretty much every god from every culture. Every god is self serving, into orgies, vile evil beings who enjoy torturing people, see humans as something close to vermin.

1662937814580.png1662937834134.png

I don't know anything about these movies, so I'm only addressing the race of the actors pointed out in the above posts. I am totally for diversity in this context. These are works of fiction, and I'm glad roles have opened up to include actors of all backgrounds and races. If they chose the best actor for the roles, then good for them.

What I'm against is forced diversity and affirmative action (reverse racism) in movies - particularly historical but can include other genres - that purposely attempts to change or erase facts and reality, and/or bash and denigrate everyone the left disagrees with.
I agree diversity is find but when it comes to historical biopics i get annoyed. I also find it troubling when actors are coming out and saying white men are being written out of cinema/entertainment all together.