With the world’s eyes on Afghanistan, how does the Taliban represent Islam?

AmazingGrace

Established
Ironic, i was gonna entertain your video for another viewpoint until i saw who the speaker was.

Jay Smith has bashed Islam ever since I've known him.

Here's an interesting video showing these preachers will side with whatever narrative is in there favor, truth be damned.
Watch it, its only 67 seconds.

Who do you have for us next? Granted it doesn't get worse then David Wood but why not Sam Shamoun? I mean you might as well run the gamut of hate preachers now that you have brought hammer time and Jay Smith. Just like Red, your agenda is obvious.

Is it impossible for you to find an unbiased source?
You were gonna entertain my video for another viewpoint? Heh :) I would rather guess you were looking forward to find reasons why it's not good.
And it seems like you proved my guess. I found it quite respectful how he talked about Taliban in this vid. Like about people who keep their values and culture for thousands of years, and who just want their country to be free from foreign powers. He actually made me think better of Taliban than before.

Do I have an agenda? What agenda?
I just shared video I found interesting, with refreshing viewpoint, and was rather expecting reaction on what Jay talks about, not about Jay (the best way to discredit message is to discredit the speaker, right?). Let's be honest, everybody is biased. You, me, and every YT channel or tweet or whatever we share here. You could as well ask a unicorn from me ;)

Daze

Superstar
You were gonna entertain my video for another viewpoint? Heh :) I would rather guess you were looking forward to find reasons why it's not good.
And it seems like you proved my guess. I found it quite respectful how he talked about Taliban in this vid. Like about people who keep their values and culture for thousands of years, and who just want their country to be free from foreign powers. He actually made me think better of Taliban than before.

Do I have an agenda? What agenda?
I just shared video I found interesting, with refreshing viewpoint, and was rather expecting reaction on what Jay talks about, not about Jay (the best way to discredit message is to discredit the speaker, right?). Let's be honest, everybody is biased. You, me, and every YT channel or tweet or whatever we share here. You could as well ask a unicorn from me ;)
He might say good things but when the guys had nothing but negativity about Islam for like a decade. Why would i be interested in his opinion on a Muslim country?

Thoughts on Jesus pleading to God. Asking him why he has forsaken him?

Let me know if you need the verse. Normally i add them but I'm on my phone.
He said that when God turned away from him as he became sin. You really don't understand the gospel.
I see that time and time again in your responses.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
He might say good things but when the guys had nothing but negativity about Islam for like a decade. Why would i be interested in his opinion on a Muslim country?
When a religion denies the key tenet and heart of the Gospel, the death and resurrection of Jesus, it can be as respectful as it likes about Him, call Him a prophet etc etc.

This is not a minor difference. I “logic parlance” it is a case of “A is not Non-A”. Jesus cannot have both died as the perfect Passover lamb as an atoning sacrifice for sin, crying the words “Tetelastai” (“paid in full”) AND have been changed at the last moment for someone who appeared like Him.

Many people who critique Islam also reject the core claims of Islam and feel that it a religion that robs people who want to follow God from salvation. We have much in common and the Qur’an and Bible reference a creator God, a flood, and many common historic figures.

Many Muslims are good people who want to live their lives in a way that pleases God and who are rightly offended by the immorality of the west. I don’t dislike Muslims, but Muhammad was 100% wrong when it came to Jesus, and that is the sticking point. As Jesus said to Peter, “who do you say that I am?”.

My church held a collection for the Barnabas fund to help Afghan Christians with aid as they are persecuted I'd like to encourage everyone to go there and look at the information provided from people actually supplying aid and help getting first hand reports.

Muslims if u want to do something good why not donate?

"Afghanistan Crisis Appeal: Rescue Afghan Christians | Barnabas Fund" https://barnabasfund.org/latest-needs/afghanistan-crisis-appeal-rescue-afghan-christians/

There are estimated to be around 1,200 Christian families in Afghanistan, totalling 5,000 to 8,000 individuals. But only the Lord knows the true number.

As first-generation converts from Islam and their children, they face almost certain death at the hands of the Taliban, who now control virtually the whole country, and will kill them as apostates.

Unless they can escape.

Christian family Afghanistan
This Christian family got out of Afghanistan overland earlier this week. Barnabas Fund is helping to support them

Flying from Kabul is no longer possible for most Afghans, because the Taliban forbids them to board the planes that are evacuating Westerners unless they have the right approvals. But many Afghan Christians are crossing borders overland into neighbouring countries.

Afghan Christian Family Displaced
This Christian family is still displaced within Afghanistan, but Barnabas Fund has helped with their basic needs

Barnabas Fund is in direct contact with 306 Afghan Christian families, that is around 2,000 individuals. We are currently assisting about 400 Afghan Christians (men, women and children) who have recently escaped into a neighbouring country. We are caring for another 400 still in Afghanistan. We are also preparing to enable 1,200 to get out of Afghanistan and into safe countries.

We are supporting the living costs of Christians in hiding in Afghanistan.
We are supporting the living costs of Christians who have recently got out to neighbouring countries.
We will be funding flights for Christians to travel from the region to safer countries.
We will need to fund them for a period as they settle into their new safe countries.
Prices are fluctuating, but current costs are:

£200 ($275; €230) is the typical cost of an air ticket to fly one Christian out of the region to a safe country.

£150 ($200; €175) provides one month’s food and accommodation for an Afghan family on the move within the country, cut off from their normal means of support.

£50 ($70; €60) provides food, rent and utilities for a week for a family newly arrived in a neighbouring country.

Barnabas Fund’s long experience of rescuing Christians

Barnabas Fund has a long track record of rescuing Christians in danger and bringing them to safety.

Though our Operation Safe Havens, we have rescued more than 8,000 South Sudanese Christians, by plane and bus, who needed to escape from the Islamic northern Sudan. We have also rescued over 1,700 Syrian and Iraqi Christians, helping them to settle in safe Western countries, paying visas, airfares, living costs on arrival. Over the years we have rescued many others.

Join us in saving lives of Afghan

Daze

Superstar
When a religion denies the key tenet and heart of the Gospel, the death and resurrection of Jesus
Crazy how you can logically believe God died. And for 3 days no less.

Lets ignore the pagan roots this concept has (easter)... And acknowledge the fact that you believe God was dead for 72 hours. What held the cosmos together?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Crazy how you can logically believe God died. And for 3 days no less.

Lets ignore the pagan roots this concept has (easter)... And acknowledge the fact that you believe God was dead for 72 hours. What held the cosmos together?
Now that is an interesting one - how long was Jesus “dead” for? Certainly His body lay in the tomb for three days. What about his soul and spirit? Did they die too or does the Bible record something quite different going on?

The enigmatic words of 1 Peter 3 give a clue…

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Daze

Superstar
Now that is an interesting one - how long was Jesus “dead” for? Certainly His body lay in the tomb for three days. What about his soul and spirit? Did they die too or does the Bible record something quite different going on?

The enigmatic words of 1 Peter 3 give a clue…

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
So you're now saying God has a soul? So he is created?

All kinds of deviance you are upon.

I get it, your god died and thats hard to cope with. Even though the Bible says God is not the author of confusion.

interestingly, that all the Koran says. It appeared that he was crucified and died, but in reality he did not. Or his body was crucified but his true being was not affected in other words

interestingly, that all the Koran says. It appeared that he was crucified and died, but in reality he did not. Or his body was crucified but his true being was not affected in other words
Why twist what he said ?

The word became flesh word is eternal, flesh crucified. It's not difficult to understand.

@Daze

The other thing is that, your argument can be countered in so many ways.

The father sits on the throne first off
God is omnipresent

Your questions shows a poor understanding of the trinity.
Also how hard is it for God to "hold the earth into place " or whatever u said lol.

Are u another revert now lol ,

This site must be responsible for the most reverts online

Oceanic

Veteran
Are u another revert now lol ,

This site must be responsible for the most reverts online
The one thing I can agree with you about 

I guess the saying is true, people change all the time, including in-between minutes when it comes to their beliefs.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So you're now saying God has a soul? So he is created?

All kinds of deviance you are upon.

I get it, your god died and thats hard to cope with. Even though the Bible says God is not the author of confusion.
We are tripartite beings and have a body, a soul and spirit.

Jesus came as the “second Adam” and had a real body, a soul (mind, will and emotions) and a spirit. Anyone who has read up or watched videos of NDEs will tell you that people frequently report seeing their body as they depart and yet are fully “themselves”. When Jesus said “it is finished”, it was.

Given that God punished our sin in the person of Jesus on the cross, speculating on exactly how it “worked” reminds me of the kind of questions young philosophy students are prone to ask like “could God create a rock so big he couldn’t pick it up?”.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The thing is, after he was crucified and laid in the tomb, Jesus came back to life and his spirit and soul were reunited with His body (and not that of another). If the Qur’an were correct, Jesus would have to have resurrected into the body of a clone which might make good sci-fi, but doesn’t make clear theology.

Daze

Superstar
We are tripartite beings and have a body, a soul and spirit.

Jesus came as the “second Adam” and had a real body, a soul (mind, will and emotions) and a spirit. Anyone who has read up or watched videos of NDEs will tell you that people frequently report seeing their body as they depart and yet are fully “themselves”. When Jesus said “it is finished”, it was.

Given that God punished our sin in the person of Jesus on the cross, speculating on exactly how it “worked” reminds me of the kind of questions young philosophy students are prone to ask like “could God create a rock so big he couldn’t pick it up?”.
You can't apply weakness to the Creator. While your god ate, hence defecated.. and you believe, ultimately died. Killed by his own creation no less.

What do you think will happen to the man who spends his entire life worshiping Moses?

Does he have a prayer at getting into heaven Red?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
You can't apply weakness to the Creator. While your god ate, hence defecated.. and you believe, ultimately died. Killed by his own creation no less.

What do you think will happen to the man who spends his entire life worshiping Moses?

I don’t think you really understand the Bible, do you? When you read that Jesus felt tired, was hungry, grieved or angered, think of the words in Isaiah 53.

I understand the psychological power of “Shirk” and of Allah knowing even if you begin to suspect Jesus might be more than the Qur’an suggests. To even entertain questions would be to risk your eternal soul. I won’t pressure you, I’m going to pray that the Lord reveals Himself to you instead.

Well that's one way to look at it here's another

Nobody killed Jesus he gave up his life as he said if he wanted to he could have angels take out the roman army.

The text also says HE gave up the ghost. Why was that because nobody is killing Jesus. He gave up the ghost himself.

Everything that happened Jesus allowed to happen.

He was baptised to fulfill all righteousness not because he needed it. That's an important part too