With the world’s eyes on Afghanistan, how does the Taliban represent Islam?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Lest you forget, Islam was the system of governance of many empires throughout history. According to the standards of Islam, some were better than others. The Khulafa Rashidun are the gold standard. Many of the Islamic empires were bastions of economic, intellectual, and social prosperity.
It has been said that those who fail to learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat them. Perhaps we can both agree that it would be a happier world if the present regime in Afghanistan were to repeat some of Islam’s higher achievements rather than re-run some of its most ignoble?

The Zone

Star
I honestly think people with any take should realize the splitting going on in the world and as long as that is accomplished you are somewhat neutralized by the game. When that comes to roost here in the forum; it always causes conversations and opinions about certain posters to become damaged to the point of mere daily back and forths that soothe ego as much as trying to gain understanding. It is almost cartoonish to those of us who know better than to get in the muck for it is a temporary trap once it jumps the shark and turns to insults and generalizations. There is a bigger picture and the infighting leads to not being able to see it. I am highly surprised that some have allowed themselves to have their nerves tweaked by the trolls. That is on you if you are so weak you cannot let that go for more fruitful pastures. Harness the emotion a bit to see others clearly. If you think a person or poster is deplorable, block them or move past them.

Last edited:
Yeah, lets just pretend that everyhing is airy fairy, and indulge ourselves in moral relativism. Those lines about "they're trying to divide you" are getting old and short sighted. Division is important. But let it be with the truth against falsehood. God separates the truthful ones from the liars. And that is how it must be, if you wish to attain God's pleasure. In Islam there is a term for it. Its called walaa wal bara. Loyalty and disavowal. Loyalty to Allah, to tawheed, to Islam. Disavowal from idolatry, ingratitude, polytheism.

SnowFall

Veteran
Yeah, lets just pretend that everyhing is airy fairy, and indulge ourselves in moral relativism. Those lines about "they're trying to divide you" are getting old and short sighted. Division is important. But let it be with the truth against falsehood. God separates the truthful ones from the liars. And that is how it must be, if you wish to attain God's pleasure. In Islam there is a term for it. Its called walaa wal bara. Loyalty and disavowal. Loyalty to Allah, to tawheed, to Islam. Disavowal from idolatry, ingratitude, polytheism.
careful there, sounds like you’re justifying the actions of the terrorists like the taliban.

The Zone

Star
This forum definitely has its fanatics who come preaching peace and their way with blood in their teeth. And it comes from all so-called sides. Back to the loop.

I am taking the insults and veiled threats as a badge of honour.

What can my enemies do to me, said Ibn Taymiyyah. My paradise and my garden are in my heart wherever I go. They are with me and never leave me. If I am imprisoned, it is seclusion for worship. If I am killed, it is martyrdom.

الحمد لله على نعمة الإسلام

You forget, to many, this is not just a trivial internet dispute, an episode of combative words exchanged. It is foregrounded by a stark reality of life and death. Life and death hang upon these words.

SnowFall

Veteran
You forget, to many, this is not just a trivial internet dispute, an episode of combative words exchanged. It is foregrounded by a stark reality of life and death. Life and death hang upon these words.
Who exactly are you talking to? Instead of making statements to the wind why don’t you hit the reply button when you comment to people?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No source included. Buy I guess it's normal for gullible people like you to believe whatever suits their desires.

Under sharia law christians are protected under the dhimmi system. If the Taliban is properly enacting sharia law they will be allowing Christians the option to live under them as dhimmis.
I wasn’t entirely sure what dhimmi was so I looked it up on Wikipedia!

is this correct: ?

“Numerous restrictions reinforced the second-class status of dhimmī communities and forced them into ghettos. For instance, they must distinguish themselves from their Muslim neighbors by their dress. They were not permitted to build new churches or synagogues, but only to repair old ones. A Muslim man may marry a Jewish or Christian dhimmī woman, who may keep her own religion, but a Muslim woman cannot marry a dhimmī man unless he converts to Islam. Dhimmīs are prohibited from converting Muslims under severe penalties, while Muslims are encouraged to convert dhimmīs.[8]

Nikōn

Veteran
I think the root of all of this on a religious level is that Christians don't believe in the kingdom of God, they believe in the Kingdom of Rome (whether it be the US government or something else).
Why is it that only the Radical Evangelical Protestants (who are a minority compared to nationalist/secularist Evangelicals who are the majority) and the Catholic Integralists, that care about the Kingdom Of God?

A Western Christian sees that Muslims fervently believe in the Kingdom Of God spoken of by Jesus and their jaw drops. Such a reaction shouldn't be happening, it shows the deficiency, passivity and docile nature of Western Christians.

As the Lord's Prayer says:
"Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven."

(not just in heaven, or in the end times).

Tidal

Star
I think the root of all of this on a religious level is that Christians don't believe in the kingdom of God, they believe in the Kingdom of Rome (whether it be the US government or something else)..

Steady on, i'm a Christian and don't believe in that Pope bloke in Rome.
In fact I shun all organised religions because we don't need them to do our thinking for us..:)
As Jesus said- "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)

Nikōn

Veteran
Steady on, i'm a Christian and don't believe in that Pope bloke in Rome.
In fact I shun all organised religions because we don't need them to do our thinking for us..:)
As Jesus said- "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)
Disorganized and Disordered as usual.

Tidal

Star
Disorganized and Disordered as usual.

If you're talking to me mate, you couldn't be more wrong because we Christians have got our sh*t wired real tight..:)-
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil " (Bible: Eph 6:12).

Nikōn

Veteran
If you're talking to me mate, you couldn't be more wrong because we Christians have got our sh*t wired real tight..:)-
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil " (Bible: Eph 6:12).
So why not bow down to them and give the Kingdom Of God to them like you already have?

We're back to point #1 again.

Nikōn

Veteran
I think the root of all of this on a religious level is that Christians don't believe in the kingdom of God, they believe in the Kingdom of Rome (whether it be the US government or something else).
Again as I said this, Tidals response gives a good microscopic example of how wannabe far-right boys are really just big bootlickers of Rome rather than anything radical.
I shouldn't be surprised though, given that Tidal is a nationalist. Jesus doesn't go beyond the words on his lips, like many self-professed Christians.
I long for truly radical Christians to become more predominant than these Rome bootlickers, fundamental hypocrites.

Tidal

Star
Tidal quote- "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil " (Bible: Eph 6:12).

So why not bow down to them and give the Kingdom Of God to them like you already have?

Sorry mate I don't know what you mean.
I know some so-called "christians" are useless, I cross the street to avoid them, but that doesn't mean all Christians are as wacko as them..:)