Will Smith "strikes" Chris Rock at Oscars

TonyVanDam

Established
Real talk, I thought the whole incident was a work at first. Then after hearing Will's award reception speech, which sounded more like a shoot promo, I am convince that Will has finally been triggered.

Which being a controversial question that must be asked: Where in the hell was all of this built up rage a few years earlier when Jada admitted that she was seeing another man behind Will's back?

I am not excusing Chris Rock or his bad choice of a joke about G.I. Jane [a film starring Demi Moore, NOT Jada] in general. I am only implying that there might be another case of "selective outrage" in play on the part of Will, Jada, and/or anyone else.

Last edited:

TonyVanDam

Established
In 2015 Will and Jada boycotted the Oscars for #OscarsSoWhite and rallied behind Chris Rock to host, and now this? I don't get it..
Good point. Now I know that there is some serious BS going on BTS at the Academy Awards.......as usual!

It may have been staged as ratings drop every year. No one wants to watch your forcibly diversified freak show anymore.

FO59lXhaAAA835B.jpg
Actors work with their facial expressions. These expressions are infinite and they change with each nanometer. After you stretched, filled and paralyzed them, they disappear 99 percent. If you're not going to play Chucky, you can't be an actor anymore.

Last edited:

TonyVanDam

Established
It may have been staged as ratings drop every year. No one wants to watch your forcibly diversified freak show anymore.

View attachment 72846
Actors work with their facial expressions. These expressions are infinite and they change with each nanometer. After you stretched, filled and paralyzed them, they disappear 99 percent. If you're not going to play Chucky, you can't be an actor anymore.
OFF-TOPIC: Nicole Kidman is not aging well in that picture. Also, she is too tone up.

~JC~

Veteran
I don’t watch the Oscars but I’m about 60% sure this isnt just a political diversion or ratings tactic for the following year. I’m actually going to see Chris Rock on Thursday and I really can’t wait now! :D I want to make a GIJANE sign!

In a bit of Hollywood theater, Will Smith seems like he struck Chris Rock. The official story was that Rock told a joke about his wife.

It is obviously a humiliation ritual.
I agree, it's theatre. However, I do think the reaction from the audience may have been authentic. Much like many staged events, not everyone needs to be in on it in order for the psy-op to work effectively. As well, I read through some of the YT comments from the videos posted, and I think many share the same sentiment that if it wasn't for this event, they wouldn't have known the Oscars was on.

I personally haven't paid attention to the Oscars for years or the movies that have won the awards and the apathy seems to be growing.

Tom cruises outburst on set bc of Covid? I haven’t heard of that one yet.
Here's a snippet:

Tom Cruise rants over film crew's COVID breaches

~JC~

Veteran
I agree, it's theatre. However, I do think the reaction from the audience may have been authentic. Much like many staged events, not everyone needs to be in on it in order for the psy-op to work effectively. As well, I read through some of the YT comments from the videos posted, and I think many share the same sentiment that if it wasn't for this event, they wouldn't have known the Oscars was on.

I personally haven't paid attention to the Oscars for years or the movies that have won the awards and the apathy seems to be growing.

Here's a snippet:

Tom Cruise rants over film crew's COVID breaches
Ugh he suuuucks. I’m so repulsed by people who take themselves that seriously where they have to raise their voice or be physical with anyone, just gross.