Will only 144.000 Christians go to heaven?

TokiEl

Superstar
And how do they become holy, or are they holy to begin with?
Nobody are holy to begin with so those became holy by the convicting power of the Holy spirit.

The righteous are those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ... but what sets these 144 000 apart are that they are without fault. They're the creme de la creme of Christendom.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Nobody are holy to begin with so those became holy by the convicting power of the Holy spirit.

The righteous are those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ... but what sets these 144 000 apart is that they are without fault. They're the creme de la creme of Christendom.
Would you consider yourself part of this narrow group?

TokiEl

Superstar
But you are still without sin?
I keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. That is righteousness.

Am i holy ? No but i am teetering on the brink of holiness. I am striving... but will i get there ? I don't know.

Thunderian

Superstar
From my limited understanding of the scriptures, they'll be the only righteous ones left on earth at that time -not because they're the total number of saved but because the rest are no longer on earth. I don't know much about the revelation timeline or where the rapture fits in If there will even be one but from what I've read it does seem like everyone else just sort of . . . Disappears around the time of God's Wrath?
After the Rapture of the Church, there will be no more saved people on earth, but I imagine the counter will start ticking again pretty quick. :)

The timing isn't clear, but the 144,000, when they have been sealed, along with the two witnesses in Jerusalem, will be spreading the Everlasting Gospel to those left on earth, and God's protection on them will prevent the antichrist from killing them. At this time, Christians and Jews will be slaughtered in great numbers, and I imagine there will be great bonfires of Bibles and other Christian material, as well as a pretty good scrubbing of the internet.

TokiEl

Superstar
After the Rapture of the Church, there will be no more saved people on earth, but I imagine the counter will start ticking again pretty quick. :)
There is no rapture of the church... but a sealing of holy christians when the great tribulation begins. Righteous christians will be persecuted and some caught and beheaded. Many will be martyred for their faith in Jesus and so save their souls.

Thunderian

Superstar
There is no rapture of the church... but a sealing of holy christians when the great tribulation begins. Righteous christians will be persecuted and some caught and beheaded. Many will be martyred for their faith in Jesus and so save their souls.
Go away.

Thunderian

Superstar
By the way, if anyone, like me, can't carry their laptop around with them at work to listen to 25+ hours of Missler's study of Revelation, there's many handy sites where you can convert YouTube videos to MP3 and then put them on your iPod or phone.

I go to https://mp3fy.com/ and follow the instructions.

Serveto

Star
So the Old Testament was/is Represented by the 12 Tribes of Israel, the New Testament is Represented by the 12 Apostles. Therefore I believe that the 144 Represents the fullness of Gods People, 12x12= 144 and multiple that by 1000 = 144000. The 144000 is a symbolic # to represent all the People who have ever been or will be saved from the Old and the New Testament period.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Please do break some of this symbolism down. Why are the 144,000 "not defiled with women" and why are they "virgins?" Is celibacy thought to be a Christian virtue and marriage -the marriage bed- a defilement of the man? To me, this seems misogynistic, or at least potentially so, as it suggests that the "holiest" men are those who have not or will not have intercourse with women.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Please do break some of this symbolism down. Why are the 144,000 "not defiled with women" and why are they "virgins?" Is celibacy thought to be a Christian virtue and marriage -the marriage bed- a defilement of the man? To me, this seems misogynistic, or at least potentially so, as it suggests that the "holiest" men are those who have not or will not have intercourse with women.[/B]
The RCC's priesthood has proved this otherwise.