Will California secede from the United States?

Maes17

Superstar
If California was to secede,
What would their protection be?

Would the USA still stand up for them?
I'm sure they'd lose military help as well right?

I'd imagine a country like Mexico would take advantage

Etagloc

Superstar
Insha'Allah, people of all nations will flock to our glorious people's republic.

download (1).png

L.B.

Established
I'd normally agree, except that the previous drought and increase in wildfires these past few years is a negative aspect. In fact, this whole winter has been a nightmare where I live in Cali; hardly any rain, very little snow in the mountains, and above average temperatures in January has left me mortified for another possible drought.
:p bleh to our weather recently. Im so over it.

Etagloc

Superstar
yeah i dont think people in CA are talking about seceding..... saying stuff like "let's secede" is more of a Texas thing... honestly from a Texan perspective it makes sense.... Texas is more conservative and the United States is progressively moving in the direction of places like California... California is more influential in setting norms than Texas is... at least as far as media and pop culture.... but California sort of sets the trends... I mean for example, weed, gay marriage... things become normalized in California before elsewhere.... so secession would make more sense from a Texan perspective than a Californian perspective

There's this country song from Tim McGraw

The reasons that I can't stay, don't have a thing to do with being in love
And I understand that lovin, a man shouldn't have to be this rough
You ain't the only one who feels like this world's left you far behind
I don't know why you gotta be angry all the time [Repeat x3]

when people from Texas talk about seceding, I think it more is an expression of sadness and sort of like what that song is describing as far as having a sense that the world has left them behind

a lot of people from Texas still believe in a lot of traditional values and in religious values, in God.... and that simply is not the direction the United States is heading... honestly if the Republicans were really for religious values, for God- if that's all they were for, I'd be a huge fan of the Republicans.... but I think the Republicans sort of have a deal with the devil.... they've aligned themselves with unjust causes and so I think that's why they pay lip service to Christian values and do sometimes do some things like when it comes to abortion.... I think it's something they do to try to wash their hands...

Last edited:
I hope to god we split from Southern California. Make a New California, in the north, largely conservative. and have the South California do all its liberal bullshit

L.B.

Established
I hope to god we split from Southern California. Make a New California, in the north, largely conservative. and have the South California do all its liberal bullshit
Hey there are liberals up there too! Down here in the OC we are very conservative. It's LA that has liberals.

Hey there are liberals up there too! Down here in the OC we are very conservative. It's LA that has liberals.
Is it more rural? I can believe rural b/c that is the majority of where conservatives are in California

SkepticCat

Veteran
ENOUGH WITH THE BIBLE QUOTES. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

:D ...
:) ...
:confused: ...
:rolleyes: ...
:eek:

Ye have been rebellious against the LORD from the day that I knew you. (Deut. 9:24)

For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? (Deut. 31:27)

He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah. (Psalms 66:7)

-

I struggle with it too but the Truth is the Truth...