Will California secede from the United States?

rainerann

Star
There is talk about California removing itself from the United States. Personally, I support this. I think that this would be the wake-up call people need to start understanding how the government is supposed to work in the US. California removing itself from the United States would basically mean there would never be another president from the Democrat party again for the rest of the US. It would require the remaining states in the union to drastically change what the classic political party definitions are, which we badly need to do anyway. It would be fantastic. I hope it happens. Maybe, we all the states should remove themselves from the union too, and this way, we could get rid of the federal government.

Oddly enough, there was a book about this a long time ago called Ecotopia. Apparently, it is about California separating from the Union and becoming the most environmentally friendly country in the world. I haven't read it, but I find it an interesting premonition to the current discussion of the subject.

There are a lot of articles on the subject. Here is one from FOX news who says it would be a bad thing. They say most of the people who want it are kids who don't know the damage this would cause. Most of the conservative opinion is probably going to be the same. However, I think it's a great idea. I think it is exactly what this country needs.

I don't know what the broader liberal opinion is on the matter. The ones in California seem to support this. The only downside would be if the Federal government went into police state mode to prevent this from happening. However, even that might not be a bad thing. Something has got to give to get people to wake up. It would be unfortunate if this is what did the trick, but that might be the reality that we are approaching.

Thunderian

Superstar
It makes no difference to me, but I think they should go for it, if it'll make them happy. I agree that the US needs a political shakeup, but I kind of think that's what Trump is. :)

I will still love California, no matter what happens.

justjess

Superstar
regionally this country is so diverse i wouldnt be opposed to it, it probbly makes way more sense then how things cureently are. but id hope that if u wanted to move to a region that fits better it wouldnt be a problem..

mecca

Superstar
It's not gonna happen but even if it did, we can't stop there... all the states should. Then the state governments should be gotten rid of as well lol.

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
Whatever you may think of this guy, I thought this was way cool the way he reacted and the joke at the end was priceless...any other politician would have screamed "assault".

colson

Rookie
There is talk about California removing itself from the United States. Personally, I support this. I think that this would be the wake-up call people need to start understanding how the government is supposed to work in the US. California removing itself from the United States would basically mean there would never be another president from the Democrat party again for the rest of the US. It would require the remaining states in the union to drastically change what the classic political party definitions are, which we badly need to do anyway. It would be fantastic. I hope it happens. Maybe, we all the states should remove themselves from the union too, and this way, we could get rid of the federal government.

Oddly enough, there was a book about this a long time ago called Ecotopia. Apparently, it is about California separating from the Union and becoming the most environmentally friendly country in the world. I haven't read it, but I find it an interesting premonition to the current discussion of the subject.

There are a lot of articles on the subject. Here is one from FOX news who says it would be a bad thing. They say most of the people who want it are kids who don't know the damage this would cause. Most of the conservative opinion is probably going to be the same. However, I think it's a great idea. I think it is exactly what this country needs.

I don't know what the broader liberal opinion is on the matter. The ones in California seem to support this. The only downside would be if the Federal government went into police state mode to prevent this from happening. However, even that might not be a bad thing. Something has got to give to get people to wake up. It would be unfortunate if this is what did the trick, but that might be the reality that we are approaching.
because the term 'beast' in the Bible means a 'ruler' and a 'kingdom', the end times 'beast from the sea' can have the meaning of a kingdom being formed, along a sea coast. This 'kingdom' has 7 heads/ 7 states that comprise the entire entity, one part of which is comprised of ... a bear, the symbol of California. (the 7 heads refers to Daniel 7's 4 beasts: 1 head for the lion with eagle wings, 1 head for the bear, 4 heads for the leopard (can also be translated as 'panther' - as in 'Black Panther' & Islamic connotation?), and 1 head of the 4th beast which is a 'dragon' with 10 horns = 7 heads, 10 horns on the dragon

because God sets up governments, Romans 13:1
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.
Satan will set up his own government. This beast from the sea kingdom will be set up by the 'dragon'/ 'the dragon gives it a throne and power'

Rev 13
And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. 2 And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast. 4 And they worshiped the dragon, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?”

5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7 Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, 8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. 9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear:

MP3D

Established
because the term 'beast' in the Bible means a 'ruler' and a 'kingdom', the end times 'beast from the sea' can have the meaning of a kingdom being formed, along a sea coast. This 'kingdom' has 7 heads/ 7 states that comprise the entire entity, one part of which is comprised of ... a bear, the symbol of California. (the 7 heads refers to Daniel 7's 4 beasts: 1 head for the lion with eagle wings, 1 head for the bear, 4 heads for the leopard (can also be translated as 'panther' - as in 'Black Panther' & Islamic connotation?), and 1 head of the 4th beast which is a 'dragon' with 10 horns = 7 heads, 10 horns on the dragon

because God sets up governments, Romans 13:1
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.
Satan will set up his own government. This beast from the sea kingdom will be set up by the 'dragon'/ 'the dragon gives it a throne and power'

Rev 13
And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. 2 And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast. 4 And they worshiped the dragon, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?”

5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7 Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, 8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. 9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear:
ENOUGH WITH THE BIBLE QUOTES. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

Todd

Star
Was nothing learned from the civil war? :) If they are to secede then it will be by way of the fault lines sinking them to depths rather than politically.
A house divided cannot stand. If California sucessfully seceded the implications and consequences would be fatal to both California and the DSA (Disunited States of America).

It makes no difference to me, but I think they should go for it, if it'll make them happy. I agree that the US needs a political shakeup, but I kind of think that's what Trump is. :)

I will still love California, no matter what happens.

California is mostly only good for its climate. I LOVE the weather in California, however anything else, I kind of wish I was somewhere else. Too many damn people here, tired of my state going Democratic, and also the idea to let ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS vote is FUCKING STUPID

Tikawanda

Established
California is mostly only good for its climate.
I'd normally agree, except that the previous drought and increase in wildfires these past few years is a negative aspect. In fact, this whole winter has been a nightmare where I live in Cali; hardly any rain, very little snow in the mountains, and above average temperatures in January has left me mortified for another possible drought.