Wikipedia deletes list of climate change skeptics

Thunderian

Superstar
If we’re honest, we all use Wikipedia. It’s a good place to start, and is generally about as accurate as I’ve always found encyclopedias to be, even the big smelly leather bound ones that sat on the bottom shelf and I devoured as a kid.

It’s a good indicator of the kind of gatekeeping that a part of the general consensus on climate change engages in. It’s apparently no big deal for the most prominent online collection of knowledge to delete information about an entire point of scientific view, due to a supposed lack of interest.

It’s a good warning about the nature of Wikipedia. There’s quite a lot that doesn’t make it past their alleged editors.

I am always for freedom of opinion, even if it doesn’t match my own. Shutting someone up who disagrees with you, or deleting information from an encyclopedia because it calls attention to the arguments against you, is just dishonest.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I am always for freedom of opinion, even if it doesn’t match my own. Shutting someone up who disagrees with you, or deleting information from an encyclopedia because it calls attention to the arguments against you, is just dishonest
And yet that's exactly what the zionistas trained to do on wiki on behalf of zionism and Israel to anyone who "disagrees with them." They don't value "freedom of opinion" when it "doesn't match their own." And it's "dishonest" to change or "delete information because it calls attention to the arguments against them." And yet they do. And you support them. So it's ok if they do it, but stifling of "freedom of opinion" if someone else does it? Got it. You make a speech like that but then condone something like this because zionism -ignoring the double standard. Kinda hypocritical, dontcha think? Just needed to point this out.

Last edited:

illuminatimess

Veteran
Wikipedia also calls Daniele Ganser a conspiracy theorist which is completely wrong. He is a human rights activist and analyses wars and their affects on humanity

staywideawake

Rookie
I am always for freedom of opinion, even if it doesn’t match my own. Shutting someone up who disagrees with you, or deleting information from an encyclopedia because it calls attention to the arguments against you, is just dishonest.
Cool, you’re the type of person protecting the alt-right Nazi hate speech as well? Freedom of speech is important, but spreading hate or spreading straight up false information is dangerous. Next you’re gonna tell me it’s ok for flat-earthers to share information without evidence? That’s what Wikipedia is about. Cited information with links to proof. But Wikipedia is all driven by regular people, constantly edited. I wouldn’t make a big deal of it. It can be edited by anyone.

illuminatimess

Veteran
Cool, you’re the type of person protecting the alt-right Nazi hate speech as well? Freedom of speech is important, but spreading hate or spreading straight up false information is dangerous. Next you’re gonna tell me it’s ok for flat-earthers to share information without evidence? That’s what Wikipedia is about. Cited information with links to proof. But Wikipedia is all driven by regular people, constantly edited. I wouldn’t make a big deal of it. It can be edited by anyone.

Freedom of speech is only guaranteed to factual information. You can’t claim something and act like it’s based on facts. Courts decide whether it’s correct or wrong.

Like Daniele Ganser‘s case, Wikipedia is spreading false information.

Thunderian

Superstar
And yet that's exactly what the zioniatas trained to do on wiki on behalf of zionism and Israel to anyone who "disagrees woth them." They don't value "freedom of opinion" when it "doesn't match their own." And it's "dishonest" to change or "delete information because it calls attention to the arguments against them." And yet they do. And you support them. So it's ok if they do it, but stifling of "freedom of opinion" if someone else does it? Got it. You make a speech like that but then condone something like this because zionism ignoring tje double standard. Kinda hypocritical, dontcha think? Just needed to point tjis out.
I am absolutely against anyone deleting or shutting up opinions or information simply because it’s in disagreement with them, and that includes Zionists. If you look at my interactions with anti-Zionists on this board, it’s always me who’s asking them for information that proves what they say, and it’s always them who are trying to shut me up by calling me a liar. If I wanted to shut them up, or suppress information, why would I be asking them for more info, and more arguments? Did you think about that?

Thunderian

Superstar
Cool, you’re the type of person protecting the alt-right Nazi hate speech as well? Freedom of speech is important, but spreading hate or spreading straight up false information is dangerous.
I am for total freedom of ideas, even if they’re despicable. How can you shine a light on racist ideology if you can’t talk about it? I don’t agree at all with laws against holocaust denial, etc. All they do is allow evil to flourish in secret.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I am absolutely against anyone deleting or shutting up opinions or information simply because it’s in disagreement with them, and that includes Zionists. If you look at my interactions with anti-Zionists on this board, it’s always me who’s asking them for information that proves what they say, and it’s always them who are trying to shut me up by calling me a liar. If I wanted to shut them up, or suppress information, why would I be asking them for more info, and more arguments? Did you think about that?
Nothing personal, it just seemed that you had a blind spot on this. The video of the zionistas mobilizing to edit Wiki along with the climate change delete just shows that the whole site can be gamed by determined players with agendas.
Wiki says the Donald's impeachment lawyer, Jay Sekulow, is basically a big-time grifter, and after checking into it I have to agree. Still have to check the info on Wiki against other sources though. Topics can be manipulated.

Last edited:

whyohwhy

freedom of speech protects every speech. a shame vc is filled to the brim with shills and commies

Climate change is almost universally agreed upon by science. The debate isn't if it's happening, the debate over mankind's impact on it... And since the major "skeptics" tend to be backed by oil and coal companies I'm not entirely sure why people trust them.

starss

Rookie
What were the reasons they told to justify this?? That "false information" should not be spread?

We had something similar here where I live, the biggest (and only) conspiracy forum was closed because a big network channel claimed they were spreading "false information" about vaccines (claiming they were anti-vax) and that "fake news" should not be spread. I used to be very active in that forum and the anti-vaxers were the minority there. Pretty sure they tried to shut the entire forum and it worked..

Talk about censorship right?

Lisa

Superstar
Climate change is almost universally agreed upon by science. The debate isn't if it's happening, the debate over mankind's impact on it... And since the major "skeptics" tend to be backed by oil and coal companies I'm not entirely sure why people trust them.
No, climate change isn’t universally agreed upon...

I’m not entirely sure why people trust all scientists either...like they can’t be bought off or bribed.

I don’t believe climate change...never have, and it’s not because I’ve believed companies..it’s just common sense. They’ve..scientists too.. have been trying to scare people about weather for ages now. I remember the new ice age growing up that somehow morphed into el nina...they’ve been working that angle for a long, long time!

Last edited: