Why there are so many Christian sects?

TokiEl

Superstar
The situation with Peter has been covered multiple times here and a careful reading of it is more of a warning then an endorsement and James is a clear rebuke of Paul.
You got both wrong. Not bad.

Salvation is by the Blood of Jesus Christ only !

You can say... but i did this and that good and obeyed the commandments. Yes but that's not what saves you !

You are saved by the atoning Blood of God spilt for the remission of sins !

Does that mean you don't obey the Ten Commandments of God and don't do good works ? Yes if you want Jesus to call you a fool !

Matthew 7 21"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’

23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

24Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain fell, the torrents raged, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because its foundation was on the rock.

26But everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain fell, the torrents raged, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell—and great was its collapse!”

DavidSon

Star
Comments like this are EXACTLY what is wrong with Christianity today.

Churches have become relaxed on sin and as a result, you have fun-center, prosperity/feel good motivational speakers parading around on a stage calling himself a “pastor” wearing bejeweled designer jeans & spiky, hip hairstyles.

These clowns are not godly men, but entertainers working a crowd. They have the audacity to get up on their stage—no Bible in sight, but they certainly have their Starbucks latte in hand that they purchased in the front lobby—and talk about how Jesus is such a relaxed, happy-go-lucky fella who is soft on sin.

NO SCRIPTURE is preached in establishments, which look more like a TedTalk than a church, and the audience isn’t looking for truth but want their itching ears to be filled with praise of men instead of God. Meanwhile, the children are on the other side of the building, in a “youth group “ with no surveillance because the high schooler in charge of them has snuck out back to smoke a joint with his girlfriend, so nobody notices that little preschooler Johnny has gone to the bathroom unattended & some filthy sodomite has followed him in to r*pe him because the hipster “preacher” doesn’t have the bollocks to preach against homos and throw out the sodomites because it isn’t “loving”. And there isn’t a single person in the entire building who can recite Genesis 1:1 or all 10 Commandments without looking it up online.

99% of Christian churches today resemble an SNL skit more than a house of God and it disgusts me.

Christians are becoming WEAK, passive, accepting of sin and want a Christianity that doesn’t offend them, that doesn’t make them uncomfortable, and doesn’t convict them of their own wickedness or challenge them to be more godly.

They want a social club religion that costs them nothing! No sacrifice, no crucifying the flesh, just look the other way when people are committing adultery or fornication, instead of throwing them out like the Bible commands.

It is a disgrace and shame on these self-ordained pastors who preach for filthy lucre and love their digits in their bank account more than the lost souls! They feed their ego instead of their flock and GOD WILL JUDGE THEM.

View attachment 18779

Wow you have a filthy imagination. Relating my words to a sodomite raping a child in a bathroom? I guess good thing you're online because you would never get away with connecting that to me in person. If you want to talk about such pollution why don't you go condemn your church father pope Constantine and the greco-romans that openly allowed such demonic behavior. How about the Episcopalians that allow homosexual preachers. Lol. I don't assemble or even associate with homosexuals.

I'm not denying scripture, only pointing out that a one dimensional, tired, shallow understanding of the Holy Bible is a dead end.

Some things you say we see eye to eye on. Like your focus on the importance of gathering with fellow believers, that is a great reminder. Yet Christians don't have to scour the Holy Bible for a passage referring to a subject to know if it's right or not. The laws are supposed to eventually be written in our heart. There's more to life than one book. The word doesn't HAVE to be taken this literal. In your belief about the church you forget there are also those few seekers, like hermits, that choose not to be in an assembly. They aren't believers of God? Thinking there's only one truth (or interpretation) is blindness.

The important point about Jonah isn't that he was in a fish for 3 days. His calling was to speak the truth in Nineveh but he he tried to run away. The mariners knew he was hiding something and threw him overboard for their own safety (because of Jonah's bad vibes). People sense when we're not right with Him. That means your relationship with YOUR Creator, YOUR conscience. After he condemns the city, Jonah has the nerve to be frustrated that the people did repent! It's not relevant to imagine a literal tree that Jonah mourns for when God replies:

"You have had pity on the plant for which you have not labored, nor made it grow, which came up in a night and perished in a night"
"And should I not pity Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred and twenty thousand persons who cannot discern between their right hand and their left- and much livestock?"

God's judgment is greater than man's. Also the Almighty is considering the beasts who live there too.

Jesus spoke in parable and allusion to the masses, and only to his followers did he reveal the meaning-

11 And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the mystery of the Kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,
12 "So that 'Seeing they may see and not perceive, and hearing they may hear and not understand; lest they should turn, and their sins be forgiven them.'" MARK- 4:11-12

Interesting he quotes Isaiah, and the attitude is similar to Jonah's. Did God really wish for the multitude to be saved? Here's one more from that chapter-

34 But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples.

Wouldn't it be a logical assumption that his followers would keep this tradition of mystery? Isn't it possible that for the initiated...immaculate conception, resurrection, etc. are simply allegory and parables to express the highest state of being? I hear such concern for the resurrection, but a lot of the language was simply Jesus's spin on a religious concept that everyone of the day(ignorantly) obsessed over. Having witnessed their teacher risen from the damn grave I'd think the epistles (other than Paul) might have more say about such an unbelievable miracle, but there's not much there.

The Bible (and other legitimate texts like the Apocrypha and Enoch) is a vast source of songs, tales, speeches, visions- encompassing thousands of years. IMO you gain much more insight by taking the intelligence in than cherry-picking quotes to debate interpretation. That's what the scribes do. Christ's teaching is simple enough a child can understand. People of faith are coming from diverse perspectives- we'd be a lot better off finding what work we can accomplish together than splitting hairs over doctrine.

1 "Wisdom has built her house, she has hewn out her seven pillars;
2 She has slaughtered her meat, she has mixed her wine, she has also furnished her table.
3 She has sent out from the highest places of the city.
4 "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here! As for him who lacks understanding, she says to him,
5 "Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed.
6 Forsake foolishness and live, and go in the way of understanding" -Proverbs 9
You are either deceived, or a flat out LIAR.

It IS God's Will that ALL men be saved, and Jesus died for ALL sins.

Wow you have a filthy imagination. Relating my words to a sodomite raping a child in a bathroom? I guess good thing you're online because you would never get away with connecting that to me in person. If you want to talk about such pollution why don't you go condemn your church father pope Constantine and the greco-romans that openly allowed such demonic behavior. How about the Episcopalians that allow homosexual preachers. Lol. I don't assemble or even associate with homosexuals.

I'm not denying scripture, only pointing out that a one dimensional, tired, shallow understanding of the Holy Bible is a dead end.
Don’t be so offended. I’m not “connecting “ that to you, I’m pointing out how such lackadaisical attitudes towards the authority of God’s Word has become a slippery downward spiral into the mess we see happening in churches today.

The pastors are to blame for getting soft on preaching & allowing all manner of iniquity and perversion into churches, but also Christians in general, especially Christian men, must stand up and demand their pastors be held accountable for not operating their church like the Biblical, NT churches that the Bible instructs them to.

Now, if you do not believe the Holy Bible to be God’s written, inerrant & inspired Word, then just say so.

But if you do, and believe that God’s Word is our final authority on all matters in faith & practice, then stand up for it.

But don’t be a lukewarm fence-sitter trying to have your cake and eat it too, because you cannot, and you will not be taken seriously by Bible-believing Christians that are vexed with watching our churches fall into ridicule.

You are either all in, or all out.

Also, rest assured that what I type on this screen I am not afraid to say to you or anyone else’s face.

God Bless.

JoChris

Superstar

I wish what Claire was saying was a filthy imagination. Have you ever looked at websites which expose false (allegedly) Christian teachers/ churches?

Pulpit and pen is one major blog that obeys this commandment that most modern churches/ preachers refuse to do:

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

e.g. Catholic (supposedly Christian) priest https://pulpitandpen.org/2018/10/16/atlanta-roman-catholic-priest-caught-at-gay-club-when-tagged-in-photos-on-facebook/
man coerced young women to have sex/ encouraged abortion https://pulpitandpen.org/2016/11/03/celebrity-preacher-clayton-jennings-sex-alcohol-and-the-morning-after-pill/
pastor open to holding a p***phile conference https://pulpitandpen.org/2018/07/17/revoice-pastor-open-to-hosting-christian-p***phile-conference/ [you will have to correct **]

Churchwatchcentral blog has covered Hillsong's coverup of the p***phile founder extensively too.