Why Saudi Arabia in connection with the USA to attack Yemen | Assim Al Hakeem

z gharib

Veteran
Saudi cleric's son: 'Everyone is threatened'

Soon after Mohammed bin Salman, also known as MBS, was appointed Saudi crown prince in 2017, prominent Muslim leader Sheikh Salman al-Awdah was arrested, allegedly for his refusal to tweet in support of the Saudi-led blockade of Qatar.

In September 2018, prosecutors applied for him to be sentenced to death.

UpFront speaks with Awdah's son, Abdullah Alaoudh, who is based in the United States and is a Senior Fellow at Georgetown University.

"The charges [against Salman al-Awdah] actually represent how the state would crack down on any different view and, on any person who disagrees," says Alaoudh.

"The same 'rogue operation' is going on for dissidents abroad, for those who disagree at home, for journalists, economists - public figures in general."

Asked whether he thinks Saudi would really execute one of its top Muslim scholars, Alaoudh refers to the Khashoggi murder and says "it's a pattern. It did not start with my father; it did not start with Jamal Khashoggi. It's a pattern that we have seen through the past one-and-a-half years since the crown prince came to power. They did everything in their power to silence others, to crack down on dissent."

Saudi Arabia is now seeking the death penalty for five people accused of the gruesome murder of journalist Khashoggi.

"At some point I thought it's very difficult for the state ... to reach dissidents abroad," says Alaoudh. "But now, after what happened to Jamal Khashoggi the message the state sent is that everyone is threatened, ' we can reach everyone everywhere'."

Etagloc

Superstar
I don't trust Al Jazeera. And I'm for Saudi.

All the governments in the world and the media demonizes Saudi.... I think it has an agenda. I don't see it demonizing Iran in that way.

z gharib

Veteran
I don't trust Al Jazeera. And I'm for Saudi.

All the governments in the world and the media demonizes Saudi.... I think it has an agenda. I don't see it demonizing Iran in that way.
this is not about I believe, I don't believe i am for Saudi or i am for Japan -there are multiple sources to check the facts -o you are for saudis therefore you don't care for thousands of Yemenis dying of hunger and Saudi's bomb ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

and believe me Israel and America support Saudi, they only worried by this worst covert operation only -the house of saude is more important to them

--------------------------------

you see i told you -america is always for saudi

Etagloc

Superstar
Not saying Saudi is perfect but there are hundreds of other governments out there....... Saudi is being attacked as part of an agenda.

Etagloc

Superstar
It is not a sin to love Saudi Arabia, just because the media is attacking it and wants to turn us against it.

TC1968

Established
I'm still trying to figure out why I am supposed to care what happened to Khashoggi.