Why People Really Take Drugs

Lisa

Superstar
Anyway, I think you're failing to understand the point I'm making, that the term "drugs" is a rather shorthanded way to refer to a lot of different substances with completely different properties. Also, might be taking the animal analogy a bit far.

Perhaps if you had some actual experience with these things you would understand the positives and negatives a little more clearly. For a lot of people it's not a question of getting "out of it" with the Ganja, rather it's being able to step back and look at things from a more peaceful perspective.

The problem with being closed-minded is that when taken to an extreme it actually shuts you off from any possibility of becoming less closed-minded, because you have everything defined, opinions already decided, no room for change, spontaneity, breaking the status quo. I don't think you can really understand what I mean by that because you are too deep into it, but I write it anyway with the hope that others might grasp what I'm saying...
The drugs I’m referring to are the ones that are illegal or have been in the past..like marijuana and they alter your mind. Which is probably why they became illegal in the first place.
You’re the one that tried to mix animals with drugs in the first place...

I can’t really see the positives in altering ones mind...seems to me that it would only really be a negative especially when there is a real world to live in...

I think that watching what drug addicts do to themselves..is all the investigation I need..I don’t need to be on the inside because then I’d be like them..telling everyone its not so bad :rolleyes:

Lisa

Superstar
If only I could be so naive! There must be some strange happiness in believing that the powers that be actually act in the best interests of humanity.
Look at the people on drugs...they were doing something good by making drugs illegal...its the making them legal that is not acting int he best interests of humanity now.

shankara

Star
Look at the people on drugs...they were doing something good by making drugs illegal...its the making them legal that is not acting int he best interests of humanity now.
I have looked, I have known many people who smoke cannabis or use other psychoactive plants who lead fulfilling, meaningful and productive lives with clear perspectives and insight into the situation on this planet.

Lisa

Superstar
I have looked, I have known many people who smoke cannabis or use other psychoactive plants who lead fulfilling, meaningful and productive lives with clear perspectives and insight into the situation on this planet.
But are you a good judge of these things? Having already dabbled and are presently altering your mind?

shankara

Star
But are you a good judge of these things? Having already dabbled and are presently altering your mind?
Altering my mind with meditation? Yes, for exactly this reason I am able to form a coherent judgement on the subject. You seem to have some idea that our minds are as they are "supposed" to be and we shouldn't use any technique which alters our patterns of mental functioning. In fact we are being "altered" all the time by the surrounding "reality", which is to say the collective delusion of humanity. We are all conditioned, until we start deconditioning ourselves.

I think it's funny that you are literally so paranoid that you believe that if you once smoke ganja you will be magically be "brainwashed" by it and believe it is good even if it in reality isn't...

Anyway this conversation has reached the usual dead end. Good evening.

Lisa

Superstar
Altering my mind with meditation? Yes, for exactly this reason I am able to form a coherent judgement on the subject. You seem to have some idea that our minds are as they are "supposed" to be and we shouldn't use any technique which alters our patterns of mental functioning. In fact we are being "altered" all the time by the surrounding "reality", which is to say the collective delusion of humanity. We are all conditioned, until we start deconditioning ourselves.

I think it's funny that you are literally so paranoid that you believe that if you once smoke ganja you will be magically be "brainwashed" by it and believe it is good even if it in reality isn't...

Anyway this conversation has reached the usual dead end. Good evening.
I rather think you’ll get hooked on a sad escape that only worsens you and can end up ruing your life or in the case of the man and his brother..land you in critical condition in the hospital fighting for your life while your family looks on. Though I would say they most likely wouldn’t be poking on you to get you to wake up. If your addiction doesn’t leave you homeless or mentally ill.

Lisa

Superstar
Thought I’d give an update about Dr. Woods brother but unfortunately includes sad information about his mom...

Lurker

Star
Thought I’d give an update about Dr. Woods brother but unfortunately includes sad information about his mom...
I hope to be wrong, but this guy comes across as a disaster thespian or full on narcissist.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
What I'm saying is that using the term "drugs" is silly. It's like saying "animals are bad". It's true that rottweilers or tigers can be dangerous. A labrador, on the other hand, can be a nice pet full of love and good energy. It's understandable that people might be concerned if someone kept a tiger in their house (whether it should be permitted for them do so is another question) but what possible problem could there be if the animal isn't actually dangerous?
If you really think about it, drugs is an appropriate term. Drugs tend to have ingredients that are harmful, short or long term. The kind that screams "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK". Just because people seem to be "ok" while using them, doesn't mean their insides are faring so. You can't see inside a person's body. Wait 10 or 20 years and see how they do then.
Nobody has ever died or ended up in a coma from the use of cannabis, so your video isn't really relevant... It may bring up some psychological issues if used without respect and by people already having some subconscious problems, that's all.
As a matter of fact, take a look a this:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326357.php#1

Personally I don't currently feel the need to use these things because I can get there with Tibetan mantra and meditation techniques. However I'm definitely glad that I have experienced some stuff because it really opened my mind... Something you are desperately in need of!
I sincerely hope you NEVER feel the need to use them. It's great you have other far healthier and beneficial things to help you. :D

Glad 2 know

Veteran
You won't like the truth I'm going to say but it doesn't matter, someday I hope you come to understand when you get enough wisdom and knowledge.
I have read of SO MANY PEOPLE that have fallen into the trap of cannabis. At first they're ecstatic and all that, but as time goes on, something doesn't feel right. They start to feel slow, depressed and hopeless. They start to feel stuck and with no way out. Once they realize it's the weed doing that to them, they quit and little by little their mood and outlook clears and looks brighter. Sometimes they go back because they miss the high, but then they find themselves in the dark hole they were in before and again they quit.
People don't tend to be truthful about their real feelings, they don't want to appear weak or vulnerable. Just because they "seem to have productive and meaningful lives" doesn't always reflect what they got going on inside their minds and hearts" they could be using this drug to keep them going. It's their boost so they don't feel the drag and exhaustion this world can cause.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I’ve went on an alcoholic binge at one point. I was at my angriest during the time.
Why? Idk. Maybe the pressures of fatherhood, finding my place in the world etc.
It takes courage to admit that and thank you for being a real human being :)
I do get a bit anxious from time to time. Nothing that requires prescription. If you don’t mind me asking, do you have a favorite hobby that you can dedicate some time to? If so? That focus can really ease your anxiety/depression.
I think we all do Maes, you're not alone. I have seen how environmental pollution has worsened everyone's anxiety. Almost everyone I talk to admits to having it. Thank you for sharing. I do find that keeping busy with positive things GREATLY helps. Between EMFS and heavy metals in the air we can only do what we can to keep relatively healthy.
I’m going through a bit of a burn out funk here. Right now I feel like I’m getting nowhere with my job. Which has me down. But going home and having hobbies that I have control over and can see gradual progress helps me a ton.
I hear what you're saying, and I'm sorry you feel that way. The great thing is that you have healthy outlets :D That helps TREMENDOUSLY:D

shankara

Star
This thing about the syndrome is interesting, I never heard of this. Nonetheless cannabis is generally less harmful than alcohol and definitely has some positive effects. Of course in India it is sacred to the God Shiva and is used by some of his devotees, I'm not a Saivite but from personal experience can testify that this plant can be helpful spiritually.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
This thing about the syndrome is interesting, I never heard of this. Nonetheless cannabis is generally less harmful than alcohol and definitely has some positive effects. Of course in India it is sacred to the God Shiva and is used by some of his devotees, I'm not a Saivite but from personal experience can testify that this plant can be helpful spiritually.
I'm glad you looked at it :D and you're right, it is less "harmful" but harmful nevertheless. It's not a one size-fits-all kind of drug either. Everyone is different, some bodies tolerate things greatly and some bodies don't tolerate very well or at all.
Thank you sharing about the Saivites, I did not know that. That's why I love coming here because I learn so much from other people.
From what I have learned, and I truly do believe, that drugs can open up your mind but it can lead to demons entering it. I really don't think the risk is worth it at all. For those people that don't believe demons exist, there's no risk, but unfortunately they may come to find themselves in a horrible bind if the spirits do decide to come and torment them. I know of a relative that smoked weed for a long time and then recently complained of paranormal happenings that spooked him so much his mental health and life was ruined :(:(:(
Be VERY careful as the bad things that are advertised as "good" tend to come with horrible consequences that you're not told about EVER.

Cintra

Star
Drugs contain demonic forces. Both recreational drugs and legal medication.

The consumption of the drug opens you up to the spiritual force within the drug, leading to eventual possession.

Valium is particularly obvious. At first it seems that it calms and relaxes, but for many people when they start to take larger and lager does it has the opposite effect. They undergo sever personality distortions, they become violent, they engage in dangerous behaviours. Most of all they get a characteristic look in their eyes where you can see the demon staring out at you. It is one of the most vicious and angry demons ever encountered.

This is the effect of the drug, not the withdrawal from the drug. The demonic presence becomes visible very soon after the consumption of the drug, and leaves within a few days.

This is made abundantly clear by the habit of valium addicts of taking the whole of a weekly prescription within the first few day of the week, leaving four or five days without, allowing the demonic presence to subside, and the true personality to re-emerge. Yet the demon is in the person, and will!drive them back to the pharmacy to repeat this process.

Even after decades this demonic potentiality remains within the sufferer, and will emerge if given the opportunity.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Drugs contain demonic forces. Both recreational drugs and legal medication.

The consumption of the drug opens you up to the spiritual force within the drug, leading to eventual possession.

Valium is particularly obvious. At first it seems that it calms and relaxes, but for many people when they start to take larger and lager does it has the opposite effect. They undergo sever personality distortions, they become violent, they engage in dangerous behaviours. Most of all they get a characteristic look in their eyes where you can see the demon staring out at you. It is one of the most vicious and angry demons ever encountered.
This is the effect of the drug, not the withdrawal from the drug. The demonic presence becomes visible very soon after the consumption of the drug, and leaves within a few days.
This is made abundantly clear by the habit of valium addicts of taking the whole of a weekly prescription within the first few day of the week, leaving four or five days without, allowing the demonic presence to subside, and the true personality to re-emerge. Yet the demon is in the person, and will!drive them back to the pharmacy to repeat this process.

Even after decades this demonic potentiality remains within the sufferer, and will emerge if given the opportunity.
This is such an interesting take Cintra. It makes sense. I remember one other person that also smoked weed and was also the victim of paranormal activity. This was years ago but left the person traumatized as well. Good thing he turned to God and the evil entity went away. Certainly something more people need to know.

Maes17

Superstar
Not taking hardcore drugs. But I do take pre workouts and “sports supplements”.

Don’t know if they would classify as toxic. In a sense like say meth, valium etc.

I have noticed either really confident days or some really bottled up irritable days lol. But I do have control and awareness of my situations