Why People Really Take Drugs

Damien50

Star
As for the WHY of it all... people do drugs to change the way they feel. That's it.

:)
Food can be a drug itself which is why I find persecution against marijuana so asinine. Food will kill you before 300 blunts will, sedentary life styles will kill you before a life time of cannabis consumption will. If we were talking class level substances then in my opinion they will physically and mentally cripple a person to sickness and ensnare them in an endless cycle.

Aero

Superstar
They do it for a number of justified reasons, pain, anxiety, stress/distress and torment.
I smoke the Pink Death Star strain. I find that it’s the best in managing my fibromyalgia and ms, especially the insane muscle cramps.
I also find that my muscles become loose like a rubber band. It’s nice to have some elasticity lol!!!! We just ordered another ounce from he dispensary. It’s really nice to have it delievered to your door.
You dont have fibromylanta

Hubert

Established
I think that Religion is just another form of escapism. So I don't buy the argument from that perspective. Like how are the people burying their heads in books going to preach about escapism? Maybe you are getting tricked by Satan too.
Wait...you believe religion is just escapism, but Satan is real and is tricking people? That 's like saying "I don't believe in leprechauns, but you can be damn sure that there are pots of gold at the ends of rainbows."

Aero

Superstar
Wait...you believe religion is just escapism, but Satan is real and is tricking people? That 's like saying "I don't believe in leprechauns, but you can be damn sure that there are pots of gold at the ends of rainbows."
No I'm saying one can't argue against escapism from a religious perspective. When the Zealots claim Satan is tricking us, we have no way of knowing if they themselves aren't the trick. So we agree... I think. I might of used poor wording before. There is a huge difference between belief and an argument. A belief can be anything, but an argument has to "add up" so to speak.

The main point is that for Satan to be a grand trickster than everything and everyone has to be in play. That argument reaching its logical conclusion means that there would be no safe ground.

Aero

Superstar
Pretty sure you're not qualified to say that, though I think I know where you're going with it.
Oh but I am qualified. More than you know. Lets just say the "doctor" is in.

The movie "The Addiction" sums it up perfectly I think.

Seventh Circle, huh? Dante described it perfectly. Bleeding trees waiting for Judgment Day, where we can all hang ourselves from our own branches. It's not that easy... "Doctor." To find rest takes a real genius. It's all a matter of discernment. Now, R.C. Sproul said we're not sinners because we sin, but we sin because we are sinners. In more accessible terms, we're not evil because of the evil we do, but we do evil because we *are* evil. Yeah. Now what choices do such people have? It's not like we have any options.

JoChris

Superstar
This life ain’t worth being sober for a second. As soon as I start coming back down, I’m hitting to go back up. Never stay sober.
I hope for your sake, your future/ actual children/s' sake and your country's health system's sake you are merely making a bad joke/ trolling.

JoChris

Superstar
Who the fuck are you and who do you fucking think you are hey? Not I’m not joking or fucking trolling. Bitch you don’t know me, so back the fuck up why don’t you? Stay out of my face. My life is none of your business. Move on ya nosey busybody.
If you are not trolling then what a shame your life must already be. I most certainly will move on.

JoChris

Superstar
Wow okay like really?!?! Does it make you feel better to say something so self-righteous AND to say it in a way that’s rubbing “what a shame your life must be” In my face? You’re disgusting and JUDGEMENTAL. Yeah you best move on you bitch. WTF is wrong with you?
I used to work with end-stage dementia patients. The most difficult ones were usually ex-alcoholics. https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/what-is-dementia/types-of-dementia/korsakoff-syndrome

Babies who have alcoholic mothers are at especially high risk of FAS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_alcohol_spectrum_disorder

Again, I truly hope you are trolling for everyone's sake including your own. However if not - please contact your local doctors, counsellors or whatever medical support your country provides to break this self-destructive addiction BEFORE any alcohol-related conditions develop.

Last edited:

The Zone

Star
Lmfao omfg you don’t know me, I don’t drink and I’m not fucking pregnant! Did you read the god damn title of this thread? I get HIGH not drunk you nitwit. Why you keep acting like you know me? Wtf is wrong with you ya weirdo?
Do you not have anyone on this earth that will put up with you? Must you create dozens of active socks to gain happiness? You have enough hate in you for ten lifetimes. Interesting how you like Awoken and others posts in that discourse and divide are of the same ilk. I suppose you will haunt this forum forever, but what will you have to show for it in the end. And there will be an end and your life's work will be this.

Awoken2

Superstar
Interesting how you like Awoken and others posts in that discourse and divide are of the same ilk.
Interesting how you now try and link me to this in a desperate attempt to discredit me.

Just shows how desperate you are to keep this shameful charade going.

Create a sick sock, get it liking a "problem poster" then people assume if sick sock likes his content then his content must be worthless.

You on your best day can not dupe me on my worst day.

6/10 for originality.

Vixy

Star
Interesting about drugs, thus I Think mostly of alcohol and Tobacco.

My story:

I've Always been a clean living person, going to the gym, eating salads and such, my only load was candy and bad foods at times.

Now, lately a bad person contacted me of opposite gender and a weird relationship sat in. This made me try to calm my nerves with alcohol and smoking at times. I was far from a big consumer, we're talking a few glasses of wine perhaps once every other week but keep in mind I usually dont drink ANY alcohol at all. But when it got too much, I went for it.

My friends, who have known me for a long time and know how much of a health freak I am since I find if interesting, a challenge and fun, to keep myself fit and the body as clean as possible from all sorts of toxins, reacted and went -YOU'RE DRINKING and SMOKING?? What in the actual f...? They couldnt Believe it and some mof them actually had to see it to believe it.

I was surprised by this urge myself BUT; it did calm me down and when sober again I looked at it a different way and told myself to "Cut if off, this guy's FAR from good for you, look at what the relationship with this guy is making you do".

Not saying it was his fault I drank and smoked because that was my poor choice but he was the CAUSE.

I have now broken it off once and for all and blocked him on all instances and the craving to drink and smoke is like before: non existant.

Conclusion:

Thus I suspect if it's the same for others, could doing drugs be a way to try and calm ones nerves down?

Interesting how you now try and link me to this in a desperate attempt to discredit me.

Create a sick sock, get it liking a "problem poster" then people assume if sick sock likes his content then his content must be worthless.

6/10 for originality.
While I don’t want to get into the middle of this as I just ignore them, but for the most part, I think everyone on these boards is really tired of their presence on here, I don’t think TZ is trying to discredit you, it was seen more of an observation. He’s referring to what the VC troll is notorious for, polarizing and dividing people on this forum in an “us vs. them” way. There are certain people the troll seems to project their attitude towards for whatever reason, and your posts getting liked by them is merely incidental ‘cuz that’s how they roll.

If you’re interested, you can read the Ignore Alert thread to find out more, or read through the Christian Worship Songs thread.

Lurker

Star
could doing drugs be a way to try and calm ones nerves down?
Well yeah, but not necessarily always from toxic relationships. After work and traffic and an errand or two, I smoke a little weed and have a cold beer. It helps to slow down my thoughts and relieves muscle tension.

The Zone

Star

6/10 for originality.
So, you are admitting to being a problem poster? . Birds of a feather flock together and it can be seen in the few posters who like certain profiles posts. Just to make it clear for my long time acquaintance Orwells mentor, you have called me a sock, a plant and various other more colorful things only because you are at times questioned. Some people here have been aware of what you discuss for many years. Socks are usually created to disrupt and give credence to other socks. Even so, ask yourself why sick socks as you called them are attracted to your postings. And some of us actually sleep around here meaning they cannot post all through the night or at, er, similar times of the day.

Helioform

Star
Do you not have anyone on this earth that will put up with you? Must you create dozens of active socks to gain happiness? You have enough hate in you for ten lifetimes. Interesting how you like Awoken and others posts in that discourse and divide are of the same ilk. I suppose you will haunt this forum forever, but what will you have to show for it in the end. And there will be an end and your life's work will be this.
You accuse others of being "paranoid" yet here you are assuming that this person is the same one that you kept ranting about for pages in your "Ignore Alert" thread. So what if that person's been liking Awoken's post? (and mine also). Looks like you're trying to discredit what we say by using association because you can't refute it. Typical of someone who is into spreading mis/disinformation.

Vixy

Star
Well yeah, but not necessarily always from toxic relationships. After work and traffic and an errand or two, I smoke a little weed and have a cold beer. It helps to slow down my thoughts and relieves muscle tension.
Every day? thats not good. Your lunges and respitory system will fail from it sooner or later, dude.

What I meant wasnt only from bad rel. but from all sorts of stress.