Why People Really Take Drugs

Glad 2 know

Veteran
That's a rosy perspective but I do most of those things but I don't consider marijuana a drug like the racist Henry Anslinger. I play guitar, I build model cars and engines, I know two languages aside from English, volunteer when I have time, lift twice a day.

I think it's hard to understand until one actually experiences it.
Well that's awesome Damien, those are really good ways to keep the mind occupied. I admire all those things :)I understand what you're saying though, sometimes we may be very unsettled on the inside and something else is needed to calm down. It's good to consider taking calming herbs like valerian root and chamomile or natural alternatives to help relax. Sometimes one gets impatient because we want the relaxation NOW, but it's about keeping the mind healthy and finding wholesome ways to address anxiety.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
sorry to burst his/her religious bubble, but if this author is claiming that psychedelics are evil, he/she has no idea what theyre talking about.
Well we don't know for certain what effects psychedelics have on the brain long-term. Could they cause brain damage? Will they make you develop a mental illness? Is dementia on the horizon? Maybe the truth IS out there, maybe most refuse to see it and believe it if they DO know. Are weed and psychedelics like cigarettes? They knew all along they were bad for people and yet they pushed them like the most wonderful thing ever. If you don't like this post then you're letting your emotional attachment to these things blind you to the possibility that they are bad for you. In the end if people develop health or brain problems because of psychedelic use, the ones that will suffer are them and their families.

Reactions: has

Damien50

Star
Still shows up on a drug screen unfortunately
IThough it perplexes me that they test for marijuana but not alcohol lol
Well that's awesome Damien, those are really good ways to keep the mind occupied. I admire all those things :)I understand what you're saying though, sometimes we may be very unsettled on the inside and something else is needed to calm down. It's good to consider taking calming herbs like valerian root and chamomile or natural alternatives to help relax. Sometimes one gets impatient because we want the relaxation NOW, but it's about keeping the mind healthy and finding wholesome ways to address anxiety.
I do dry herb aromatherapy with so many herbs already. One session of Jack Herer and I can go in crowds, not be shy, calm myself and more all the while being functional to work, socialize, pursue my hobbies and practice my faith.

Have you ever consumed marijuana? I swore I never would. I believed being and adult and earning a fair wage while still being ambitious was the path to an easy life. Three jobs at once, no medical insurance, mortgage, and no one there to help me but the minute I grab a joint and become pleasant to be around there's judgement as if it's beneficial. I'm supposedly letting demons in, I'm on a pathway leading from God, don't smoke you become stupid and lazy and fat, yadda yadda.

I'm consuming an herb that has been used for nutrition, medication, clothing, paper, rope and more for thousands of years all around the world but I'm treated like a Percoset addict, a crack head, and etc while alcoholics can work anywhere and never get tested for it and are treated better by society. You should read The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer, its online for free and it gives so much insight into marijuana and cannabis in general that most don't understand until they try it.

Weed doesn't make one stupid or fat or lazy or any other negative stereotypes because those people are already like that and enjoy showing their asses for the world to see because they think they're doing something cool and that ruins it for people like me. It's no different than the various Christians in this forum and the glaring difference in behaviors despite all following the bible.

https://thethirdwave.co/podcast/episode-12-danny-nemu/

polymoog

Superstar
Well we don't know for certain what effects psychedelics have on the brain long-term. Could they cause brain damage? Will they make you develop a mental illness? Is dementia on the horizon? Maybe the truth IS out there, maybe most refuse to see it and believe it if they DO know. Are weed and psychedelics like cigarettes? They knew all along they were bad for people and yet they pushed them like the most wonderful thing ever. If you don't like this post then you're letting your emotional attachment to these things blind you to the possibility that they are bad for you. In the end if people develop health or brain problems because of psychedelic use, the ones that will suffer are them and their families.
ghostie stated succinctly what i was going to say, but if you personally never used psychedelics in an appropriate way to expand your consciousness, you will never understand. and you would never understand the link between true spirituality and these psychoactive tools (you can call the drugs-- theyre tools to me). maybe your religion doesnt use it, but many spiritual peoples do. amazon tribes, american indians, etc. most organized religions do not want you to take these substances. figure out why.

for the record, i havent used anything in many years, but the events, conclusions, and insight i learned opened my mind to so many possibilities.

as for causing long term effects, its possible if one is abusing it. too much of anything is bad. people utilizing these psychoactive tools properly are only doing it infrequently on special occasions.

Damien50

Star
ghostie stated succinctly what i was going to say, but if you personally never used psychedelics in an appropriate way to expand your consciousness, you will never understand. and you would never understand the link between true spirituality and these psychoactive tools (you can call the drugs-- theyre tools to me). maybe your religion doesnt use it, but many spiritual peoples do. amazon tribes, american indians, etc. most organized religions do not want you to take these substances. figure out why.

for the record, i havent used anything in many years, but the events, conclusions, and insight i learned opened my mind to so many possibilities.

as for causing long term effects, its possible if one is abusing it. too much of anything is bad. people utilizing these psychoactive tools properly are only doing it infrequently on special occasions.
Re: Henry Anslinger and his racist mob that through fear rather than science reasoned that marijuana was a drug and fast forward to now it's considered a class one substance on par with heroine, molly, opium, and other real drugs. The extent so bad that the federal government tries to censor and criminalizes scientific research on cannabis. If that isn't suspicious then only the ignorant indoctrinated will believe that things like cannabis are truly this devil's lettuce.

Damien50

Star
While true, there are still plenty of Pub Meds on the subject.
Definitely. Cannabis won't be hidden when you have countries like Australia at the forefront of research and individuals number Jorge Cervantes educating on the subject of growing and breeding to the extent that without pioneers like him CBD strains other manipulations of this plant wouldn't be here in their current forms.

Forever Light

Veteran
13:71 Escapism, or evasion of reality, is not the answer, because you can NEVER escape, and you
are wasting your own valuable time.
13:72 Drugs and alcohol are just more of Satan’s weapons, which he can use to cheat you, or, in fact,
get you, to cheat yourself.
13:73 Alcohol is a drug, just like any other drug, except that society has made it more acceptable
than the others, because the rich own and control it and the governments make money out of taxing
it. The Moslems call alcohol “Satan’s Urine” and do not drink it. Sex can be a very strong drug too,
if not controlled.
13:74 Temporary escape, from reality, using drugs to take you into another little world, separate
from the real world, where pain is not so sharp, is a FOOL’s paradise. The problems are still there
when you come straight/sober, only worse, which can then lead to more drugs, for more escape,
leading to drug-addiction, or alcoholism, and total surrender, if not controlled.
13:75 Drug-addiction and alcoholism are the same thing, except that they refer to different types of
drugs, both of which can kill your body. Alcoholism and drug-addiction are the coward’s way out,
by surrendering to evil, and then hiding, permanently, in their separate world, where there is less
pain. It is also very selfish, because they pass their pain, and problems, on, to those around them.
13:76 There is NO escape, and you only make things worse for yourselves, and those around you,
who love or care for you. If you kill your body, God sends you back again, into another body, and
punishes you for having done it. There is NO escape!
13:77 You have to FACE your problems, ADMIT your weaknesses and faults, to YOURSELF and
to God, and overcome (Rev. 2:26) your problems, and pay your Karmic debts. Admit that you are
not perfect, and lose your ego, and the pain will go with it. If you were perfect you would not be
here. No-one else is perfect either, in fact, they are probably worse than you, but their egos would
never let them admit it, to you. They don’t need escapism, because they are happy, being bad.
13:78 Then ask God, with humility, to help you to overcome your faults and weaknesses, and put
on God’s Armour, and FIGHT your weaknesses, with His guidance, and overcome them; solve your
problems, by finding the solutions, and make your world bearable. If you do that, you will gain
(earn) some spiritual self-respect; through the victories, that God has helped YOU to win; and learn
to like the person, that God has helped you to become. Remember though, ALWAYS to remain
humble, because you could never have won alone.

elsbet

Superstar
IThough it perplexes me that they test for marijuana but not alcohol lol

I do dry herb aromatherapy with so many herbs already. One session of Jack Herer and I can go in crowds, not be shy, calm myself and more all the while being functional to work, socialize, pursue my hobbies and practice my faith.

Have you ever consumed marijuana? I swore I never would. I believed being and adult and earning a fair wage while still being ambitious was the path to an easy life. Three jobs at once, no medical insurance, mortgage, and no one there to help me but the minute I grab a joint and become pleasant to be around there's judgement as if it's beneficial. I'm supposedly letting demons in, I'm on a pathway leading from God, don't smoke you become stupid and lazy and fat, yadda yadda.

I'm consuming an herb that has been used for nutrition, medication, clothing, paper, rope and more for thousands of years all around the world but I'm treated like a Percoset addict, a crack head, and etc while alcoholics can work anywhere and never get tested for it and are treated better by society. You should read The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer, its online for free and it gives so much insight into marijuana and cannabis in general that most don't understand until they try it.

Weed doesn't make one stupid or fat or lazy or any other negative stereotypes because those people are already like that and enjoy showing their asses for the world to see because they think they're doing something cool and that ruins it for people like me. It's no different than the various Christians in this forum and the glaring difference in behaviors despite all following the bible.

https://thethirdwave.co/podcast/episode-12-danny-nemu/
Only functional alcoholics-- but agreed, in excess, it's a far more damaging drug, physically, emotionally, and possibly, spiritually.

Damien50

Star
Only functional alcoholics-- but agreed, in excess, it's a far more damaging drug, physically, emotionally, and possibly, spiritually.
I'm a light weight and a heavy vape session gets me high, intergalactic, but alcohol leaves me feeling old and worn down the next day and during the intoxication I just feel progressively worse.

I don't really like alcohol whatsoever and would rather dab, whole a blunt, vape, or eat edibles before I pick up a bottle.

elsbet

Superstar
I'm a light weight and a heavy vape session gets me high, intergalactic, but alcohol leaves me feeling old and worn down the next day and during the intoxication I just feel progressively worse.

I don't really like alcohol whatsoever and would rather dab, whole a blunt, vape, or eat edibles before I pick up a bottle.
What is dabbing?
It isn't legal here and I am not up on the lingo. :p

I loved weed in my 20s but now (I say now but I haven't done it in like 7 or 8 years)-- makes me almost paranoid. :/

Damien50

Star
What is dabbing?
It isn't legal here and I am not up on the lingo. :p

I loved weed in my 20s but now (I say now but I haven't done it in like 7 or 8 years)-- makes me almost paranoid. :/
It's extracted thc/cbd that comes out in a waxy form that it's then vaporized. THC content is usually 60-80% allowing a swift and powerful high. There is a company called MyRosinPress that makes a consumer grade extraction machine that requires no harmful solvents and creates a pure wax.

So basically edibles/dabbing/vaping dry herb give the cleanest experiences unlike smoking and waste less herb. Smoking gives between 20-40% of the total marijuana while vaping is 95% with the extra being chlorophyll/plant matter and dabbing being a beast of another kind.

Aero

Superstar
I think that Religion is just another form of escapism. So I don't buy the argument from that perspective. Like how are the people burying their heads in books going to preach about escapism? Maybe you are getting tricked by Satan too.

elsbet

Superstar
It's extracted thc/cbd that comes out in a waxy form that it's then vaporized. THC content is usually 60-80% allowing a swift and powerful high. There is a company called MyRosinPress that makes a consumer grade extraction machine that requires no harmful solvents and creates a pure wax.

So basically edibles/dabbing/vaping dry herb give the cleanest experiences unlike smoking and waste less herb. Smoking gives between 20-40% of the total marijuana while vaping is 95% with the extra being chlorophyll/plant matter and dabbing being a beast of another kind.
Sounds like some kind of noveau-hashish.
o . O

Thanks for the explanation ☆

Forever Light

Veteran
I think that Religion is just another form of escapism. So I don't buy the argument from that perspective. Like how are the people burying their heads in books going to preach about escapism? Maybe you are getting tricked by Satan too.
I don't see the article as being that per se, but rather see it as being an encouragement for people towards learning to develop their willpower in order to be able to face the challenge of life, in place of having to be dependent on a substance (whether it is a natural one or not) to be able to feel that they can cope.

Because, when you boil it down, the reality is that for as long as someone feels that they can't cope with life without relying on a substance to be able to do so, then it means they are dependent on it (using it as a crutch) and as a result, not free. So, the way I see it, is as an encouragement towards learning to find real freedom, as well as being a challenge to learn to walk without using a crutch, along with something of value to think about.

It is possible to develop one's willpower, and the way to do that is by using it. It works similar (in principle) to how training the body to be able to do a new skill works, or developing muscle and bodily strength at the gym works.
Willpower is strengthened through exercising it.

"It's not the man who has the most that is the richest, but the man who needs the least."

Last edited: