Why Is There Not Direct Conversation Between Us And God Anymore?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Why is there not direct conversation between us and God (i.e. personal revelation) --- "real time chat with God" --- anymore?

God seems indifferent/silent/irresponsive to our prayers.

Why is there not direct conversation between us and God (i.e. personal revelation) --- "real time chat with God" --- anymore?

Divine revelation (revealed scriptures) ended with the final Messenger to all of mankind- Prophet Muhammad and the revelation of the Quran. If you want Almighty God to give you all the good in this life and the afterlife you should follow His Religion for all of mankind: Al-Islam. Almighty God answers my prayers every day, All praise is for Him.

Damien50

Star

Cause humans are repeatedly failures in obeying God. I wouldn't talk to you either if you can't obey.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
he still talks to people. just depends on your relationship. When I was a child I believe God spoke to me, not in a hearing a voice kind of way but things that would happen. I would read my Bible and there were things I didn't understand or had questions about I would ask God and then suddenly I understood or I would look at a random page in the Bible and see the answer and sometimes it wasn't even in the Bible just something on tv or everyday life. I used to pray and ask for things and it would happen, sometimes even within 5 minutes. The difference between then and now is that I'm not seeking God as I did when I was a child I still talk to him, I still believe he has my back but I'm not as adamant as I was when I was little. I didn't grow up in a house hold that went to church, I went on my own with family friends, but most of my experiences with God has just been in my room alone. I couldn't ask my parents anything about God because they weren't practicing Christians. They believe in God but never go to church. There are things that I've learned at 11, 12, 13 years old that no one has ever had to teach me because I learned it from either reading the Bible, dreams or time I spent with God. It's weird because some things they teach to adults like it's a huge revelation or some hidden thing I've known since I was a child, but I have to realize not everyone was saved young or raised with certain moralistic beliefs. I think it benefited me more not having parents who were Bible thumpers because I got to see both sides at a young age so I can make my own choices for my path without thinking I'm missing out on something. But I think if I sought him like I did as a child and become that passionate again. I know I could hear him. I know I would start getting dreams again telling/ warning me about things. It's my own fault why I'm not as close. Adulting and life stresses caused me to not focus on God as much and mistakes that I've made, but God is merciful.

Etagloc

Superstar
You expect him to have a chat with you in English? Why not expect Him to use another human medium like text or email?

Of course God still talks to people. The problem is expecting God to use a human medium.

The medium for divine communication is your heart. His message won't pop up in your texts or your emails. His message will arrive in your heart.

I'll say this

God Is Speaking to you when He's Maintaining everything (you included) in existence at each and every second.

When you think about it, how does the Earth remain suspended in space? It's all a question of remaining God-Conscious imo.

Deut 32
18 You deserted the Rock, who fathered you;
you forgot the God who gave you birth.
19 The Lord saw this and rejected them
because he was angered by his sons and daughters.
20 “I will hide my face from them,” he said,
“and see what their end will be
;
for they are a perverse generation,
children who are unfaithful.
21 They made me jealous by what is no god
and angered me with their worthless idols.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Unfortunately, one of the priviledges Man lost after the Fall. In our fallen state, we cannot see God and live. Despite that, He is interested in hearing from you! Jeremiah 33:2-3
‘This is what the LORD says, He who made
the earth, the LORD who
formed it and established
it – the LORD is his name: “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you
great and unsearchable
things you do not know.”

man proposes, God disposes=God's Transcendence
This path does rely on us becoming passive to God, who takes the active role.
for example, here is are some of the Transcendent attributes of Allah

Al Ahad (الاحد) The Unity, The indivisible
As Samad (الصمد) The Long, the Impregnable, the Everlasting
Al Qaadir (القادر) The All Able
Al Awwal (الأول) The First
Al Aakhir (الآخر) The Last
Al Qahhaar (القهار) The All Compelling Subduer

many more

You have to know How to call on Allah
(1) And (all) the Most beautiful names belong to Allah , so call on Him by them, and leave the company of those who belie or deny (or utter impious speech against) His names. They will be requited for what they used to do.
(سورة الأعراف, Al-A'raaf, Chapter #7, Verse #180)

maybe, you do not know how to call on God? I know for sure that whenever i've truely called on Allah the 'right way' I have received what I asked for...
however, here's the other side to this. sometimes God sends us on another detour before we can get what we ask for...and we do not know why, so even ive had moments where I felt God was not answering my request//being truely passive would mean allowing God to do His work through us and it can take us on other detours.

At the same time, im not stupid in knowing that i wasn't 'truely' passive...because i'm sinful, I don't obey even some of the basic commands. However other times it has been as clear as day and i've received what I asked for in a very obvious way.

God proposes, man disposes=God's Immanence
Here, we take the active role in reflecting the attributes of God...through our own actions.

what you've also got to appreciate is that on a global level much of what is going on in the world, it's allowed to happen because through God's apparent 'inaction' can bring about our own action. However it can work both ways ie either we become better people or alternatively we become so weak to the world that in the end the only thing we can hope for is Divine intervention
but right now im pretty certain us humans could easily solve our problems if we wanted to

look at it this way
there are a lot of people i don't like
i could easily, if i wanted...just say 'im sorry' and make the right gestures (with good intent of course) and most likely the problems would be solved.
really think about this..how much difference would it make if we could walk upto our worst enemy and tell him/her 'whatever our differences, im sorry, please forgive me, i won't trouble you and im here for you if you ever need me'.
Not difficult to do...yet it is so difficult because we have 'ego'.

this is a must read book muslim book to understand how to connect with the Transcendent side of God
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Futuh-Al-Ghaib-Abdul-Qadir-Jilani/dp/817151068X

if you're a christian, you can read this one
it's also a good book
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spiritual-Torrents-Jeanne-Marie-Mothe/dp/1508500401